Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    CAM00383[1].jpg
    CAM00398.jpg
    CAM00399.jpg
    CAM00397.jpg
    CAM00396.jpg
    CAM00395.jpg
    CAM00393.jpg
    CAM00390.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

HUO Safe Cracker in Grand Rapids, MI

Added: 2015-07-27 22:55:07 UTC • Ended: August 17th, 2015
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 8,000

Selling for a friend, this is truly a HUO Safecracker. In near perfect condition. Includes about 75 Tokens (Roughly, didn't count them all) and all original materials... Manuals, Schematics, Documentation Topper, Coin Box - everything is original and the game has had very light use. Cab is perfect, Backbox and boards are all perfect. PF is near perfect as well. (see pictures - More pictures coming when I get back over there again. Not sure why a few of the pics stretched)

Any questions, please ask. Serious inquiries only.

Item photos

CAM00384.jpg
    CAM00385.jpg
    CAM00388.jpg
    CAM00389.jpg
    CAM00387.jpg
    CAM00391.jpg
    CAM00392.jpg
    CAM00390.jpg
    CAM00393.jpg
    CAM00395.jpg
    CAM00396.jpg
    CAM00397.jpg
    CAM00399.jpg
    CAM00398.jpg
    CAM00383[1].jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are smileymatthew's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to smileymatthew's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Grand Rapids, MI, US

#2 8 years ago

Bump for a very fun game.

#4 8 years ago

I'm addicted to the Pinball Arcade version. Can't wait to someday try the real thing!

#5 8 years ago

I don't normally jump in and price police but wow...this is a cool game and I know they didn't make a lot of them but even as a HUO game that's quite a price. If you can get that price, more power to you.

#6 8 years ago

Looks like a pretty nice example. Really a shame your friend did not keep it away from the window. The front appears to be faded pretty bad. How is the right side of the cabinet facing the window?

#7 8 years ago

Good looking example. I wouldn't let my SC go for $8,500...too much fun at pin gatherings to watch someone get a token for the first time.

GLWS

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm addicted to the Pinball Arcade version. Can't wait to someday try the real thing!

same here.... its awesome

#9 8 years ago

Having sold my Huo safe cracker around the same price point over a year ago I would say he's in the ball park. I do miss the game.
    Glwts..

#10 8 years ago

Here's a question for present/past owners:

If you're having people over and someone wins a token, do you let them keep it? Seeing as how they aren't being made anymore and can fetch a decent size fee on eBay, how comfortable are you with giving them up? Or, do you just put fifty cent pieces in the tubes (I watched a YouTube video that shows they do in fact work)?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

If you're having people over and someone wins a token, do you let them keep it? Seeing as how they aren't being made anymore and can fetch a decent size fee on eBay, how comfortable are you with giving them up? Or, do you just put fifty cent pieces in the tubes (I watched a YouTube video that shows they do in fact work)?

I bought 30mm Japanese Pachislo tokens and put them in mine. Similar to these:

ebay.com link: 250 NEW Large 30mm Tokens For Pachislo Skill Stop Japanese Slot Machine Coins

The originals are in the coinbox in bags. You may need to adjust the red screw on the magic token coin mech to accept these which are more the international token size than domestic.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from smileymatthew:

For saleSelling for a friend, this is truly a HUO Safecracker. Includes about 75 Tokens (Roughly, didn't count them all). Any questions, please ask. Serious inquiries only.
    Condition: Home Used Only

I am seriously interested and I do have a sincere question. I don't know, but I've been told that a Safe Cracker came stock with a full set of tokens and that figure is 300. If that game is truly HUO, I find it hard to believe that in a home setting, 225 tokens have been dispensed and not returned to the game. Do the kids in the house have a stack of tokens in there room? Did one of the kids have a pinball wizard friends that kept all the magic tokens? How do you win a token in that game and have enough will power not to put it back in the game and play the Assault The Vault mode? I just can't do it. It's way too much fun.

If I am right on the number of tokens that came stock in a game, can you provide any info on what happened to the rest of them?

Joe
    Who has been looking for a Safe Cracker for a long time
    (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#13 8 years ago

Great game. Would be ranked 1-3 all time if it were full size. IMO

#14 8 years ago

That's a lot of cab fade in the front for a home use copy. Whether it is HUO or not isn't the entire condition story. I've been looking for an SC for a long time too.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good luck getting the token back from a kid if a kid wins it.

My view is that the tokens are there to be won, if someone wins it I tell them about the Assualt the Vault mode (which is an awesome tournament play mode by the way) and if they choose to play it great if not they keep the token. I can always buy more if I really have to...

#16 8 years ago

I love Safe Cracker Pinball Arcade but in person the "Pinball mini" experience leaves me somewhat underwhelmed. If SC were ever remade full scale I might even sell my prized TZ for it..I won't hold my breath. Beautiful example all the same. GLWS!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

That's a lot of cab fade in the front for a home use copy.

Actually, a lot of HUO games have bad cab fade. Many people are or were oblivious to the sun causing that kind of damage and would just place the game right next to a window.

#18 8 years ago

Wish i could play one in real life its great on pinball arcade.

GLWS bump

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, a lot of HUO games have bad cab fade. Many people are or were oblivious to the sun causing that kind of damage and would just place the game right next to a window.

I believe it, but if you're dropping $8500 on a SafeCracker you probably want it to be CQ or close to it, so new decals are in order IMHO to fetch the price he's asking.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I use the original tokens, but I have a large sticker along the length of the lockdown bar that says "DO NOT KEEP TOKENS" and in smaller text under it "insert tokens into left slot for special game!"

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good luck getting the token back from a kid if a kid wins it.
    My view is that the tokens are there to be won, if someone wins it I tell them about the Assualt the Vault mode (which is an awesome tournament play mode by the way) and if they choose to play it great if not they keep the token. I can always buy more if I really have to...

I 100% agree. My Slugfest has dispensed hundreds of baseball cards to neighborhood kids for a couple of years now. With these kids growing into teenagers, my hope is that the neighbors get the lawn job and not me over the next few years!

If I had a Safe Cracker, I would have it dispense 50 cent pieces.

#22 8 years ago

While I don't like where the price has gone on this game, I have owned it in the past and did enjoy it. If I recall correctly, I bought it in 2007. I paid $4k for it and a tales from the crypt. At that time I figured I was overpaying but it was a game that I thought I'd like and it was very close to me.

I guess I should have kept that one

Dave

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I believe it, but if you're dropping $8500 on a SafeCracker you probably want it to be CQ or close to it, so new decals are in order IMHO to fetch the price he's asking.

I agree. I actually didn't realize this game had decals ran for it, I searched and found several runs from a couple people . . . it seems there is a big quality difference between the runs.

#24 8 years ago

Game has sale pending. Thanks everyone!

#25 8 years ago

One day super quick sale. Safe Crackers are moving fast these days.

#26 8 years ago

I picked up a very nice example (with wings!) last week. My only regret was not picking it up sooner.

#27 8 years ago

Congrats to the seller. Makes the one that Mike recently sold seem like the deal of a life time - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-safe-cracker-in-michigan. Mine is very nice but I thought about grabbing Mike's just to upgrade my machine.

#28 8 years ago

Yeah, whoever got Mike's game got a heck of a deal.

#29 8 years ago

While I encourage people to play "Assault the Vault", I always let people keep the tokens if they want to. The only rime I didn't was when my son's friend won one of the rare silver ones. Instead, I swapped it out with a gold one.

#30 8 years ago

My safe cracker came with a box wings and a box of coins. The coins came in bags not pre loaded in the silo..there was like a certain number of bags with like 15 in each bag or something. All the bags were gold but one which was a bag of silver ones. So if u didn't preload your silo u can easily lost them.

Quoted from joemagiera:

I am seriously interested and I do have a sincere question. I don't know, but I've been told that a Safe Cracker came stock with a full set of tokens and that figure is 300. If that game is truly HUO, I find it hard to believe that in a home setting, 225 tokens have been dispensed and not returned to the game. Do the kids in the house have a stack of tokens in there room? Did one of the kids have a pinball wizard friends that kept all the magic tokens? How do you win a token in that game and have enough will power not to put it back in the game and play the Assault The Vault mode? I just can't do it. It's way too much fun.
    If I am right on the number of tokens that came stock in a game, can you provide any info on what happened to the rest of them?
    Joe
    Who has been looking for a Safe Cracker for a long time
    (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballJeff:

Congrats to the seller. Makes the one that Mike recently sold seem like the deal of a life time - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-safe-cracker-in-michigan. Mine is very nice but I thought about grabbing Mike's just to upgrade my machine.

Like everything in life, timing is key. No regrets from me.

Congrats on the sale. Looks like a nice example.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballJeff:

Congrats to the seller. Makes the one that Mike recently sold seem like the deal of a life time

I thought that was a pretty amazing price. That was a tough time of year to sell a game.

#33 8 years ago

Well done OP,

Great game, Looks like these SC are going up in price.

#34 8 years ago

If ur safe cracker doesn't have this mod it's a must

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#35 8 years ago

Support rails for the weight is a must too. Also, insulate the metal wire in the back box.

1 week later
    #36 8 years ago

Pending has fallen through. Price lowered and game available. Message me for details!

Thanks!

#37 8 years ago

Have not seen this game, but have bought a couple games from Matt and wanted to say that he is good to deal with.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-safe-tracker-in-grand-rapids-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.