image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2531 (resized).jpg
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg
IMG_2528 (resized).jpg
IMG_2527 (resized).jpg
IMG_2526 (resized).jpg
IMG_2525 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Keep in mind, the PPS page is what the WMS page was... 20 years ago PPS is maintaining/preserving a historic document in that case.
It was a joke from whomever designed the page for Williams back in the 90s, carried over.
Perhaps they were playing a joke. Perhaps it was tongue in cheek humor. People who collect protos often make a big deal out of the fact that they own a prototype. Protos are often worth more, but generally only to the few who collect them. So, if 10 exist, and 3 die hard collectors that want protos of that title have protos and nobody is really looking for one... it may not draw as much of a premium price.
Protos often have cool features that were cost reduced out, but they also often have flaws.
Some say protos are worth less, because they are 'flawed'. Some proto and sample games have things that were fixed after the proto stage that may not be as 'fixable' on a prototype game - things like the ball locks on Jackbot. On sample games, the balls didn't lock as well as on production games, and many people don't like that game because the balls often dribble out of the locks on proto/sample games.
My prototype CFTBL had hand modifications made to the playfield using a file, and sections of the playfield that had no artwork. To some, that may be a detractor.
My sample T2 has no diamondplate, and the art is pretty well worn off the playfield because the ball guides were hand welded and not ground down - so the chipped up balls wore on the playfield like sandpaper, and 30% of the ink is missing. I'd love to find a nice sample/proto playfield to put in it someday, but where am I ever going to find something like that?
A gently used, likely HUO or very limited route use proto like this NGG is really a gem, because you've got a piece that was likely hand assembled by the design team, and hasn't been overrestored. That is, if that's the sort of thing you are into.
If you just want a really nice NGG, this would work, too.

The Jackbot proto is just horrible to play and it still cracks me up when people proudly advertise it as a "sample!," thinking it's a selling point. There also seem to be hundreds of them out there and every time I'm considering buying a jackbot I am extra careful to avoid one.

It's the ones that have cool features or are real pieces of history like that T2 that are kind of cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-no-good-gofers-prototype-10?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.