(Topic ID: 125586)

For sale: HUO, Minty AC/DC Premium with great mods!

By lowepg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    hmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpg
    qmeme_1430491451434_659.jpg
    crying-indian-o.gif
    acdcwindow2.jpg
    acdcwindow3.jpg
    acdcwindow1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-286.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg
    acdc7.jpg
    acdc8.jpg
    acdc6.jpg
    acdc4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Why hasn't this sold yet?

Because it's priced too high.

#54 8 years ago

I'm sure that's what most people did when they read this:

Quoted from lowepg:

These prices have been on the rise...

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

If it sold in a day or 2 - id suggest it would have been priced too low!
    Like I said, I'm not in a hurry.... I know the price police need to weight in, but at least try to "price police" with a shred of objectivity....
    If you can find a ACDC pre. That's sold publicly in the last 30 days for less, please link it. Even eBay, which is usually awash with overpriced pins, had ZERO listed. Closest listing was one posted for $8k - which was ended early... (Likely sold off - eBay).

Sold mine last month for more than $1k less than you are asking.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Got it. Now I understand your opinion.

Yes, my opinion is based on an actual sale. Just as you asked for proof of.

Remember?

Quoted from lowepg:

I've looked for an AC/DC Premium for sale to compare it to - and literally cant find even ONE!
    I'd be happy to reevaluate the price if I can find a couple that have sold cheaper... but - in the last month - I haven't seen any.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Did anyone ever figure out a way to make the cloudy ones non-cloudy? Or is it not feasible due to how it is fastened/bonded? I

You can't make the cloudy ones non-cloudy. You can improve them very slightly with a good cleaning/polish, but you can't get it clear.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I'd say, pretty clear- but I don't have much to compare it to....

People aren't asking for your opinion on the cloudiness of the window, they are asking whether the pin was made before or after Stern fixed the known issue with the cloudy lower PF windows..

I don't remember exactly when the correction was made at the factory, but your Premium either has the old (cloudy) version, or the new (clear) version.

Does anyone remember when Stern corrected this issue?

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I misunderstood the question then.... I assumed there was more interest in whether the window WAS ACTUALLY CLEAR rather than trying to guess at the date they fixed it

No, because there was no such thing as an ACTUAL CLEAR window before they fixed the issue, comparatively speaking.

True story.

Quoted from lowepg:

Either way, this one was made April 8, 2013. At the time, I recall people discussing it was fixed in the run PRIOR to this one

I'm fairly sure that is after the issue was addressed, but I'm not positive.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Ok, I get it.
    I just did a search of pinside for "acdc window cloudy fix" and a few other iternations.
    Result:
    No "clear" answer however, SEVERAL threads dating back between 800-1000 days ago talk about the lower PF issue being resolved. So, I would suggest that's anecdotal evidence that it was resolved PRIOR to my 752-day-old machine
    PS (to no one in particular), sometimes I wish pinside actually listed the DATES posts were made...

Yes, I am almost positive that yours was made after Stern fixed the issue.

Quoted from lowepg:

You must have had one of those old cloudy ones.... Experts here are telling me they are worth MUCH less.

Well, I would certainly rather have one with a clear window after the fix, so yes, I would think those would be worth a bit more. $1k more? Not a chance.

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

damn.. I had already gone in and increased the price now that you had helped identify this model and even MORE rare than I had first suspected....

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Only way I see ACDC dropping in price again is if they do another run (which is very likely). If these new premiums are selling for low 6k's NIB a fully loaded HUO mint ACDC is worth every bit as much if not a tad more. Also once Lyman has the time to put the finishing polish on ACDC it may be even more in demand.
    Let the guy sell his game for what he wants, The market will dictate what its worth. If someone wants it bad enough they will pay his price. If not he either sits on it or lowers his asking price.

It's funny, because if he actually gets $6800.00 for this pin, and others start selling in this range, it will probably actually increase the chances of Stern doing another run as it would be indicative of increased demand.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Only a masochist would come here and ask top dollar for ANY pin and subject themselves to the "Star Chamber" pinside price review - so I wouldn't expect a landslide of $7K postings.
    No whining though about the price police, I posted here knowing full well the process! Plus I've given my friend Whysnow a chance to beat me up a bit for tweaking him on Predator.
    My only real concern is not getting myself kicked out of my own thread

Oh, I definitely think you've had the right attitude in this thread.

Any time you are going to ask top dollar for a pin, you have to take all the shit you are going to get in stride!

#129 8 years ago

Why hasn't this sold yet?!?

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Star Trek would be a great fit for your collection. The game got a bad rep because of the buggy code

It did?

I don't remember thinking of the code as being buggy to the point of it getting a bad rap for that. It got a bad rap for the modes all feeling the same.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I find it to be one to the worst Stern game in the recent era, but I have a hard time looking beyond bad design flaws that should have been engineered out. I understand most pinsiders like the game, but I find it to be extremely boring to play. Toss on the crappy music and it is almost unbearable.

Just like the majority of your posts.

#209 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I was purely kidding. AC/DC is an incredible game...one of the all-time greats...

It was obvious to me that you were joking, despite the thumbs downs that you were getting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-minty-acdc-premium-with-great-mods?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.