(Topic ID: 125586)

For sale: HUO, Minty AC/DC Premium with great mods!

By lowepg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    hmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpg
    qmeme_1430491451434_659.jpg
    crying-indian-o.gif
    acdcwindow2.jpg
    acdcwindow3.jpg
    acdcwindow1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-286.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg
    acdc7.jpg
    acdc8.jpg
    acdc6.jpg
    acdc4.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Do I hear $5500. Anyone? Anyone?

Doubtful... But - you never know.... I'm sure there will be some folks enthusiastic about Gene spitting balls out of his much... Only time will tell

Huo's at $5500? Hell, I'll buy another one then.

So, I'll say NO, but now at least we're just one step closer to GOT.

As for ACDC, I just INCREASED the price based on this announcement....

#202 8 years ago

If kiss is awesome that flood wont happen for at least a year as it will take Stern that long to get some decent code on it.

#203 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think you don't see a lot for sale because nobody is getting good money for any of them. Most premiums i've seen go for $5400-5600. Most of us premium owners arn't willing to let go of our machines for that. Since the going rate is so low, many don't bother trying to sell. Same can be said for TF's. See LE's going for 4000-4200 all day. If you like the game, you probably arn't going to really try and entertain offers to move it for those numbers.

Lol did you really just compare ACDC to that pile of clunk fest TFLE? I sold a lightly routed Luci for $5500 and had another guy begging me to sell it to him Instead. A nice loaded HUO ACDC premium is easily with 6200+ in today's market.

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Lol did you really just compare ACDC to that pile of clunk fest TFLE? I sold a lightly routed Luci for $5500 and had another guy begging me to sell it to him Instead. A nice loaded HUO ACDC premium is easily with 6200+ in today's market.

My TF is not clunky. I know clunky. LOTR sword ramp is clunky. TF is much smother than that. If the one you played was clunky, someone didn't know how to level out their game correctly. Which happens a lot. Is it T3 smooth? no. Plastic ramps will always be smoother than metal.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Man, I really hope Stern doesn't drive it's manufacturing based on adhoc price thresholds. I'd like to believe the IMVE phenomenon was a special case and not reflective of Stern proactively trying to manipulate resale prices.

Stern's not trying to "manipulate resale prices" by making VEs -- just like any other red-blooded corporation, they're out to make a profit! If out of production games starts selling for = or > NIB pricing, the temptation will be there for Stern to swoop in with a new run (or a lightly modified VE) and capture those profits rather than leaving them on the table for sellers in the used market.

That said, bump for OP and good luck with your sale.

#206 8 years ago

Everybody is just watching this thread to see what you get for it.....then they will sell theirs for $100 less. You will see some come up for sale after yours goes high.
    Thats just a free bump for ya....

#207 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Doubtful... But - you never know.... I'm sure there will be some folks enthusiastic about Gene spitting balls out of his much... Only time will tell
    Huo's at $5500? Hell, I'll buy another one then.
    So, I'll say NO, but now at least we're just one step closer to GOT.
    As for ACDC, I just INCREASED the price based on this announcement....

I was purely kidding. AC/DC is an incredible game...one of the all-time greats...and I don't think the Premium version is going to be floating around like crazy now or down the road. Circumstances (game quality, off the line, popularity) will likely keep it's asking price up for the foreseeable future.

#208 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I was purely kidding. AC/DC is an incredible game...one of the all-time greats...and I don't think the Premium version is going to be floating around like crazy now or down the road. Circumstances (game quality, off the line, popularity) will likely keep it's asking price up for the foreseeable future.

There are still a few NIB around. Dealers are asking in the $8500-8900 range depending on mods and shipping. I can vouch for this as I just bought one after a fruitless search for anything nearby. No one was selling.

I am now rooting for the seller: keep raising the price .

#209 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I was purely kidding. AC/DC is an incredible game...one of the all-time greats...

It was obvious to me that you were joking, despite the thumbs downs that you were getting.

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My TF is not clunky. I know clunky. LOTR sword ramp is clunky. TF is much smother than that. If the one you played was clunky, someone didn't know how to level out their game correctly. Which happens a lot. Is it T3 smooth? no. Plastic ramps will always be smoother than metal.

Lol

Left ramp ...clank! Optimus shot....Clank! Right ramp.....clank!!! Where are the smooth shots in this game???

Back to the topic at hand. ACDC is a great game and if I were the seller I wouldn't sell uess someone paid your asking price.

#211 8 years ago

A little surprised you didn't take one of those offers for $6500. That's good money and pretty darn close to your asking price. Perhaps you're more interested in testing the price limit than you are selling the pin.

#212 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

A little surprised you didn't take one of those offers for $6500. That's good money and pretty darn close to your asking price. Perhaps you're more interested in testing the price limit than you are selling the pin.

or the offers were not real...

#213 8 years ago

A little surprised you didn't take one of those offers for $6500.

Agree with this 100%

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Mine was.

Damn. Bumped it again.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol- your hardon for my thread is impressive.... For someone who suggests ACDC
    is one of Sterns worst titles, it surprising to see you visiting so often.

I mean, it's no Baywatch or starship troopers, but many people seem to enjoy it nonetheless.

Thanks for the bump....

#216 8 years ago

I've gotta tell you, I really don't think you want to sell. I saw that you did, indeed, raise the price to $6850, and I've gotta say that as somebody who has been patiently following this thread and hoping to buy the machine, it's a little bit obnoxious. The price was already jacked up.

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've gotta tell you, I really don't think you want to sell. I saw that you did, indeed, raise the price to $6850, and I've gotta say that as somebody who has been patiently following this thread and hoping to buy the machine, it's a little bit obnoxious. The price was already jacked up.

Lol- that was mostly tongue-in-cheek after the KISS comments.... I also raised it one dollar after the exhaustive determination that I had an uncloudy lower PF window.

That said, I've actually lowered the price slightly from the previous listing.

#218 8 years ago

A little surprised you didn't take one of those offers... Perhaps you're more interested in testing the price limit than you are selling

You sound like a realtor

#219 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Lol- your hardon for my thread is impressive.... For someone who suggests ACDC
    is one of Sterns worst titles, it surprising to see you visiting so often.
    I mean, it's no Baywatch or Starship Troopers, but many people seem to enjoy it nonetheless.
    Thanks for the bump....

Whysnow has a significant lineup with 0 Sterns? Odd.

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

You sound like a realtor

LOL Re-reading my own words now, I'd have to agree.

#221 8 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Whysnow and I have a " special relationship" so I take his participation here with a grain of salt.

I think his statement that ACDC is one of sterns worst tells the tale as well....

Hey, there's a new pin announced today.... Why is everyone still in this thread talking about ACDC? Let's rejoice the new (?) KISS themed pin

#222 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Go around and work locals with that price you are offering. Anyone who has $6000 plus needs to work the locals more. They are out there. The $5500 modded HUO deals are gone though.

I made an offer to the OP that he says "he walked away from" and got an ACDC Premium, 30 minutes away with more and better mods, including a color DMD, for less money. I spent $4 in gas round trip. Thank god he was lazy last weekend, posting on Pinside, that he took a while to get back to me when I called and messaged him to raise my offer he walked away from. He lives like 5 hours form me also. You know though he still would not have taken it anyway, because he does not want to sell, so it all worked out.

I enjoyed walking away from this guy and getting a better deal from a local who cares about people and pinball in general. It felt so good to not answer this seller's text back to me asking me to message him a raise on my offer rather than a phone conversation. Loved It actually!

So screw the price pumping, the whining about $5400 Premiums that do not exist and VE's that may never come out that will be $6800 NIB stock anyway. Work the locals and they will come out of the woodwork.

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Thank god he was lazy last weekend, posting on Pinside, that he took a while to get back to me when I called and messaged him to raise my offer he walked away from.

I enjoyed walking away from this guy and getting a better deal from a local who cares about people and pinball in general. It felt so good to not answer this seller's text back to me asking me to message him a raise on my offer rather than a phone conversation. Loved It actually! .

Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, we talked for nearly an hour and I said I wasn't interested in your offer... much as I was looking forward to another hour on the phone with you, when you called back hours later and said you " had another offer", yeah, I said go ahead and send me the details... I actually had other things going on over the weekend.

So, "not too lazy" to call you right back, just had others things to do. Sorry you felt "jilted."

Not sure why you're so bitter with me refusing your offer- It sounds like you got a great deal?

Enjoy your new machine.

#224 8 years ago

If you took the call you would of sold it. That's all.

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you took the call you would of sold it. That's all.

Perhaps... My loss then.

enjoy your new game.

#226 8 years ago

Alright, Good luck with your sale. The game is awesome.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Whysnow and I have a " special relationship" so I take his participation here with a grain of salt.
    I think his statement that ACDC is one of sterns worst tells the tale as well....
    Hey, there's a new pin announced today.... Why is everyone still in this thread talking about ACDC? Let's rejoice the new (?) KISS themed pin

no, I really do hate ACDC. Ask any of the regulars I hang out with. I don't know if there is currently a game I dislike more?

Quoted from snaroff:

and yet, oddly in real life I actually own some Sterns...

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

no, I really do hate ACDC. Ask any of the regulars I hang out with. I don't know if there is currently a game I dislike more?

Predator?

#229 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just thinking about this makes me laugh. Can you see somebody trading an ACDC for a WNBJM? That's like you've given up on life. Might as well buy your plot and sell off the rest of your pins.

Well people are not buying many WWE so and again Hobbit is not out and it seems most have a Woz already so I have nothing else new to offer. I have 2 new in box Ruby Reds ready for new homes.

#230 8 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Well people are not buying many WWE so and again Hobbit is not out and it seems most have a Woz already so I have nothing else new to offer. I have 2 new in box Ruby Reds ready for new homes.

Any ST's stashed away for trade/sale?

#231 8 years ago

nope, still love that game. Just hate the azz that stole my money and the worse part is I will never get to play the game again.

#232 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, still love that game

You are on full tilt. For someone who says they love pinball so much you sure like to voice your hatred for a pinball machine in a for sale thread. Poor form there.......

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You are on full tilt. For someone who says they love pinball so much you sure like to voice your hatred for a pinball machine in a for sale thread. Poor form there.......

meh, this was never really a FS thread. At least that was not the intent of it.

When he has a legit offer that is already super high and only $300 less than asking (less than 5% off his asking price) he obviously was not really looking to sell.

#234 8 years ago

This thread =

hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpghey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg

#235 8 years ago

Lol- well I assure you if I get the right price- I'm selling.

I finally identified the title I want to replace it with (not easy!), so my motivation level has gone up a tad (btw, it's not KISS)

I'd wager it's sold within the week.... My only regret will be closing this thread

#236 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

no, I really do hate ACDC. Ask any of the regulars I hang out with. I don't know if there is currently a game I dislike more?..

ZING!

#237 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You can still love pinball but have actual opinions negative or positive about a game. The people who say they love everything and have no negative opinions are just a bunch of "yes men" that have no real opinions of their own.

#239 8 years ago

KISS is in production bump

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image-473.jpgimage-473.jpg
    image-286.jpgimage-286.jpg

#240 8 years ago

that playfield is magical. compare the pro kiss to the pro acdc. ACK!!!!!
    kevin O'Connor did amazing work.

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Any ST's stashed away for trade/sale?

I just sold my last pro at the NC auction a few months ago. It was a deal.

#242 8 years ago

we all know (or should know), how a game looks or theme doesn't automatically make it great or a turd. it's all going to come down to rules and gameplay. Makes or breaks any game.

#243 8 years ago

Yes, I wish Stern woulnd have gone the hand-drawn route for ACDC.... but alas, we're left with it just being an awesome game to play....

oh yeah, that reminds me.... price drop.

#244 8 years ago

Wait...

You said you turned down offers above $6500

Now you drop the price to $6600?

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Wait...
    You said you turned down offers above $6500
    Now you drop the price to $6600?

Yeah, one required shipping across country.... The other had some other contingencies that were not super attractive....

and I've also found a game I want to buy in the meantime.

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Yes, I wish Stern woulnd have gone the hand-drawn route for ACDC.... but alas, we're left with it just being an awesome game to play....
    oh yeah, that reminds me.... price drop.

Ahh, hell. I don't even really want this pin, but now that you've shown you're willing to negotiate...

$5,201.

#247 8 years ago

Well maybe I've been asleep for a few months $6600? for Premium, even slightly used seems very high...plenty of AC/DC out there with all the reruns.. people wanting METPRO now KISS.. sorry, as a former AC/DC premium owner just less than a year ago... I say wait for a better price...

#248 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah, one required shipping across country.... The other had some other contingencies that were not super attractive....

I like ya lowepg but I think you're full of shit.

Quoted from lowepg:

I've also found a game I want to buy in the meantime.

Yeah, so did everyone else. A lot of dollars previously allocated for the HUO market just shifted to the NIB market.

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Well maybe I've been asleep for a few months $6600? for Premium, even slightly used seems very high..

show me a couple LISTED for less and I'll agree with you.

This year is not last year.

#250 8 years ago

That's why it's not SOLD yet..go down if you really want to deal it... and it will sell this year...

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-minty-acdc-premium-with-great-mods/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.