(Topic ID: 125586)

For sale: HUO, Minty AC/DC Premium with great mods!

By lowepg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    hmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpg
    qmeme_1430491451434_659.jpg
    crying-indian-o.gif
    acdcwindow2.jpg
    acdcwindow3.jpg
    acdcwindow1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-286.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg
    acdc7.jpg
    acdc8.jpg
    acdc6.jpg
    acdc4.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

damn.. I had already gone in and increased the price now that you had helped identify this model and even MORE rare than I had first suspected....

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

damn.. I had already gone in and increased the price now that you had helped identify this model and even MORE rare than I had first suspected....

$6801?

I'm out.

#103 8 years ago

For whats its worth:
    I bought a stock premium HUO off a pinsider a month ago for 5800. No mods, no shaker.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from WifeSwapper:

For whats its worth:
    I bought a stock premium HUO off a pinsider a month ago for 5800. No mods, no shaker.

did you get his wife too?

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

(The 500-mile drive each way for me doesn't make the purchase any easier...)

NAVL that would be about $1.00 a mile i had a game shipped from SC $437.00 better than driving!

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

I was referring to the current FS thread but good for you. If this is worth 6500+ then it certainly makes a Tron loaded with mods look like an absolute steal.

Not really cause ACDC teabags Tron

#107 8 years ago

tom went up then came back down, this will too. plenty out there. just missed one yesterday at $4950...
    they are out there, mods not needed. never seen one sell anywhere near 6k or over the past year.
    not buying that they jumped from 5kish used to $6800. mods don't add value IMO unless someone was gonna purchase the exact mods anyway..so they would pay a bit extra as said mods are already on game.
    . just like vehicles, you can put big stereo systems, big rims...custom paint.
    it does not necessarily increase value, actually makes it appeal to a smaller audience.
    i prefer a stock game myself, then i can do what i want, if anything extra and nothing is hacked into.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

People aren't asking for your opinion on the cloudiness of the window, they are asking whether the pin was made before or after Stern fixed the known issue with the cloudy lower PF windows..
    I don't remember exactly when the correction was made at the factory, but your Premium either has the old (cloudy) version, or the new (clear) version.
    Does anyone remember when Stern corrected this issue?

Just post a pic of the date the game was made.....anything 2013 will be the clear window. His looks to be a 2nd run or later Premium.

#109 8 years ago

It's all timing. And probably location to boot.

ACDC is in a window now where a lot of original buyers changed hands already (last year or two), current owners are happy, License expired and no desireable games currently shipping except for MMr. Not to mention a couple other situations where $ is tied up with no machines forthcoming so there's a perception of "no great games" being released. Prices increase during times like this, but it's doubtful they'll stay this way. There are a ton of ACDC out there. Some desireable games appear to be headed down the pike - or primed for release (AFM anyone?) - and around that time more people should also be tired of their METs, STs and even their Trons. I'd bet that ACDC is not a $6k game in that competitive climate. But where's the competition now for, to many, Sterns best game?

Today $6k may just be the benchmark (unless your Gweempose). Last month I sold mine to a local pinsider for less than I might have received otherwise in an open market ($5,600) because frankly an open market can be a pain and I wasn't in the mood. But that is another reference point, just like RobT's. Clear window with about the same value of mods as this one.

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

ACDC is in a window now where a lot of original buyers changed hands already (last year or two), current owners are happy, License expired and no desireable games currently shipping except for MMr. Not to mention a couple other situations where $ is tied up with no machines forthcoming so there's a perception of "no great games" being released. Prices increase during times like this, but it's doubtful they'll stay this way. There are a ton of ACDC out there. Some desireable games appear to be headed down the pike - or primed for release (AFM anyone?) - and around that time more people should also be tired of their METs, STs and even their Trons. I'd bet that ACDC is not a $6k game in that competitive climate. But where's the competition now for, to many, Sterns best game?
    Today $6k may just be the benchmark (unless your Gweempose). Last month I sold mine to a local pinsider for less than I might have received otherwise in an open market ($5,600) because frankly an open market can be a pain and I wasn't in the mood. But that is another reference point, just like RobT's. Clear window with about the same value of mods as this one.

That's because you are a good dude and good for the hobby. You aren't out to squeeze every dime out of a sale. Good for you man.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

That's because you are a good dude and good for the hobby. You aren't out to squeeze every dime out of a sale. Good for you man.

crying-indian-o.gifcrying-indian-o.gif

qmeme_1430491451434_659.jpgqmeme_1430491451434_659.jpg

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Only way I see ACDC dropping in price again is if they do another run (which is very likely). If these new premiums are selling for low 6k's NIB a fully loaded HUO mint ACDC is worth every bit as much if not a tad more. Also once Lyman has the time to put the finishing polish on ACDC it may be even more in demand.

Let the guy sell his game for what he wants, The market will dictate what its worth. If someone wants it bad enough they will pay his price. If not he either sits on it or lowers his asking price.

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Only way I see ACDC dropping in price again is if they do another run (which is very likely). If these new premiums are selling for low 6k's NIB a fully loaded HUO mint ACDC is worth every bit as much if not a tad more. Also once Lyman has the time to put the finishing polish on ACDC it may be even more in demand.
    Let the guy sell his game for what he wants, The market will dictate what its worth. If someone wants it bad enough they will pay his price. If not he either sits on it or lowers his asking price.

It's funny, because if he actually gets $6800.00 for this pin, and others start selling in this range, it will probably actually increase the chances of Stern doing another run as it would be indicative of increased demand.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It's funny, because if he actually gets $6800.00 for this pin, and others start selling in this range, it will probably actually increase the chances of Stern doing another run as it would be indicative of increased demand.

For sure. If the game starts to regularly sell for close to $7K on the secondary market, Stern would most likely jump in a re-run a couple hundred.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For sure. If the game starts to regularly sell for close to $7K on the secondary market, Stern would most likely jump in a re-run a couple hundred.

That's such a big if. This is such Pinside hype. We have multiple examples listed in this thread selling in the $5's. We have one, maybe two examples of higher than that. Just two months ago when everyone still knew the license was expiring, they sat at $5,500. This is Sterns highest selling game ever. This too shall pass.

But Smassa is absolutely right (hard for me to write that ) let the seller sell his game for what he wants, and let's see if someone actually buys it. Because that's the rub.

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Man, I really hope Stern doesn't drive it's manufacturing based on adhoc price thresholds. I'd like to believe the IMVE phenomenon was a special case and not reflective of Stern proactively trying to manipulate resale prices.

I paid $6,900 over 3 years ago for a Premium. Don't know why 7k resale prices would be unusual...

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Man, I really hope Stern doesn't drive it's manufacturing based on adhoc price thresholds. I'd like to believe the IMVE phenomenon was a special case and not reflective of Stern proactively trying to manipulate resale prices.
    I paid $6,900 over 3 years ago for a Premium. Don't know why 7k resale prices would be unusual...

Because these things should depreciate, that's why. Is this thread ready for boobs yet?

Bump for seller. Great price! A bargain! Glws and can't believe this hasn't sold yet!!

#118 8 years ago

I've already INCREASED the price once since this thread began.... at this rate it'll be up $3 by the end of May

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Only a masochist would come here and ask top dollar for ANY pin and subject themselves to the "Star Chamber" pinside price review - so I wouldn't expect a landslide of $7K postings.

No whining though about the price police, I posted here knowing full well the process! Plus I've given my friend Whysnow a chance to beat me up a bit for tweaking him on Predator.

My only real concern is not getting myself kicked out of my own thread

#120 8 years ago

they are gonna re run ac dc premium, not lotr, not tron..
    also bdk will be re run..
    beleive it or not.....come back and pat me on the back when it happens

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Only a masochist would come here and ask top dollar for ANY pin and subject themselves to the "Star Chamber" pinside price review - so I wouldn't expect a landslide of $7K postings.
    No whining though about the price police, I posted here knowing full well the process! Plus I've given my friend Whysnow a chance to beat me up a bit for tweaking him on Predator.
    My only real concern is not getting myself kicked out of my own thread

Oh, I definitely think you've had the right attitude in this thread.

Any time you are going to ask top dollar for a pin, you have to take all the shit you are going to get in stride!

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

they are gonna re run ac dc premium

we shall see.......we shall see .... I'm a bit skeptical @ this point , but if they do re run it I am wondering if it will be on the their new spike platform , I heard rumor that they had an AC/DC running on spike for awhile testing it before the release of WWE

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Any time you are going to ask top dollar for a pin, you have to take all the shit you are going to get in stride!

Pinside is definitely a double-edged sword. It's the best place to maximize your exposure and increase your chances of selling a high priced game, but you know you're going to take a lot of flack in the process.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You are in the right ball park with your price. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I casually mentioned that I was considering selling my AC/DC premium, and I immediately got two offers for $6,500 cash. It's a hot title right now.

Quoted from gweempose:

Pinside is definitely a double-edged sword. It's the best place to maximize your exposure and increase your chances of selling a high priced game, but you know you're going to take a lot of flack in the process.

I love this game, and I seriously considered buying an AC/DC Premium 6 months ago. At the end of the day, I decided against it, because my wife doesn't like the theme. Having said that, if I was in the market for one today, I would have gladly paid the seller's asking price for your machine. That was the most attractive specimen that I have seen to date. What a beauty!

Have you felt any seller's remorse yet? Or do you just drive over to Billy's house and play his?

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It IS possible to not take any flack. I've sold about 10 games through Pinside. I've priced them all so fairly that even the people who probably would like to price police me as retribution for some unpopular OT comments that I've made from time to time couldn't even bring themselves to do it.

I guess that's just a function of pricing things fairly right from the get go. I keep it really simple. I look at what the game I'm trying to sell has been going for, and then I make mine the cheapest. And I'm 100% honest in the description with a lot of pics. They really sell themselves when you do it that way. Look, when it's time to move on, it's time to move on. I don't want to deal with tire kickers for for the chance of $200-$300 more (not to mention the time involvement). And this is coming from someone of modest means. I just don't want the hassle. This is a hobby and a hobby only for me. I feel lucky enough to break even or lose a small amount for the privilege of owning a pinball machine for a while. Why push it? Why abuse it?

#126 8 years ago
    hmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpghmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpg
    #127 8 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

we shall see.......we shall see .... I'm a bit skeptical @ this point , but if they do re run it I am wondering if it will be on the their new spike platform , I heard rumor that they had an AC/DC running on spike for awhile testing it before the release of WWE

Gary said any reruns would be on the original board set the game was issued on.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I keep it really simple. I look at what the game I'm trying to sell has been going for, and then I make mine the cheapest.

That's a good strategy.

I think mine *is* the cheapest one for sale at the moment.

But, seriously, of COURSE you take no flack from buyers when you undercut the market.... Buyers love you!

In this sale, I'm suggesting my game is worth about what I paid for it- or in a sense- has not depreciated. If the game was still in production, that would be ludicrous. However, that's no longer the case.

At the end of the day, I've priced it at what it's worth to me. For less, I'd keep it, for more, I'd sell it.

I'm completely OK with either scenario. I'm also OK with the critiques and questions. However, to suggest my one sale is "bad for the hobby" is proposterous! . If you'd like to discuss a dozen things that ARE harmful to the hobby, I'd love to do it- I assure you - selling one used machine isn't remotely on that list....

Sales is easy: you like the price- you buy; you no like the price- you no buy!

#129 8 years ago

Why hasn't this sold yet?!?

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Why hasn't this sold yet?!?

Lol, what's YOUR rush?

I'm happy with the conversations the posting is generating (outside this thread!).

I also changed my mind on what I was going to swap it with (originally was thinking LOTR, but not considering that any more), so it's not like I need to hurry up and get it out of my rec room.

Frankly, the more I look, the harder I'm finding the search for a fast playing title to take its place (I'm looking for something to balance out the stop and go, deep rules of TSPP and TZ).

Plus, every time someone calls me about the ACDC I end up walking over and playing a couple games on it... Lol... I've played it more since I listed it for sale that I ad the last 3 months!

#131 8 years ago

Get a FGY w/white rubber, new balls, waxed PF & cranked up legs

That should be plenty fast

You can buy mine for $7800

FGY is out of production ya know

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

the more I look, the harder I'm finding the search for a fast playing title to take its place (I'm looking for something to balance out the stop and go, deep rules of TSPP and TZ).

Get an Iron Man or Tron, if you want faster ball times. Both of those would complement TSPP nicely.

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Frankly, the more I look, the harder I'm finding the search for a fast playing title to take its place (I'm looking for something to balance out the stop and go, deep rules of TSPP and TZ).

star trek would fit this well/ much more flow and fun quick games

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

star trek would fit this well/ much more flow and fun quick games

I'm in the very small minority's that doesn't love tron...
    IM... That's a possibility....
    Embarrassingly, haven't really played the new ST much... I *do* love the look of the animated side armor on the LE machine.... Very sexy.

Unfortunately Raleigh is a bit of a pinball desert.... Gotta drive about an hour to find decent locations...

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Lol... I've played it more since I listed it for sale that I ad the last 3 months!

So...it's going to drop in price because it's more heavily used now?

Hey, let's just make a date to talk logistics at the end of May. You know you want to...

#136 8 years ago

I like this thread. I decided that I would sell mine if someone wanted to basically buy it for what I paid (with mods). I haven't had any takers, but I have played the game more in the last week or so than I have in the last 6 months. Now, if someone offered me $7000 for it, I am not sure I would sell it.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Star Trek would fit this well/ much more flow and fun quick games ...

Whysnow took the words right out of my mouth. Star Trek would be a great fit for your collection. The game got a bad rep because of the buggy code, but the latest update addressed most of the issues and made it really fun.

#138 8 years ago

the good thing about ST vs ACDC, is some dummy did not block the right in/outlane with a worthless cannon.

Getting rid of ACDC and getting ST would be a huge upgrade in overall game play and lastability. New code really emphasizes hitting shots on the move and that is great.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

the good thing about ST vs ACDC, is some dummy did not block the right in/outlane with a worthless cannon.
    Getting rid of ACDC and getting ST would be a huge upgrade in overall game play and lastability. New code really emphasizes hitting shots on the move and that is great.

Are you nuts?

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Star Trek would be a great fit for your collection. The game got a bad rep because of the buggy code

It did?

I don't remember thinking of the code as being buggy to the point of it getting a bad rap for that. It got a bad rap for the modes all feeling the same.

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It did?

I don't remember thinking of the code as being buggy to the point of it getting a bad rap for that. It got a bad rap for the modes all feeling the same.

The initial code wasn't too buggy, but the first major code update broke a ton of stuff. The auto-launcher would stop working in the middle of the game, the laser would get stuck on, etc ... It was pretty bad, and the game sat like that for a long time. That's when the prices of the LEs started dropping like a rock. The latest code update fixed all that stuff.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Strong words when talking about one of the best designers ever. Would love to see some of the pins you've designed

#143 8 years ago

Guys... lets not get off topic-

This thread is about thrashing my price point, not trashing ST design!

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Didn't the same "dummy" (Steve Ritchie) design both games?

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Guys... lets not get off topic-
    This thread is about thrashing my price point, not trashing ST design!

Yes...let's get back to talking about how you're eventually going to sell this to me anyway and all this other talk is a waste of time.

Bump for a great seller...

...from his great buyer.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I'm in the very small minority's that doesn't love tron...
    IM... That's a possibility....
    Embarrassingly, haven't really played the new ST much... I *do* love the look of the animated side armor on the LE machine.... Very sexy.
    Unfortunately Raleigh is a bit of a pinball desert.... Gotta drive about an hour to find decent locations...

I loooove my ACDC. Picked up an IMVE a couple weeks ago.
    Freakin awesome so far. I've kept the outlanes stock, with a 5 second ball save timer.
    The game just kicks the snot out of us but it's such a blast when things line up.
    GLWS

#147 8 years ago

</blockquoteveas

Quoted from beelzeboob:Yes...let's get back to talking about how you're eventually going to sell this to me anyway and all this other talk is a waste of time.
    Bump for a great seller...
    ...from his great buyer.

Hey b b.

As a fellow acdc owner I suggest that you just step up and buy the machine. Maybe it puts you in a little more than you would like to be price wise. But as there appears to be a short supply, this may be one of those instances where you might actually not break even if you sell in a year or less. Not a big deal is it?

We have all seen some appreciation in the value of our collection and I bet your 6 are worth more than you paid for the sum of them.

#148 8 years ago

The problem with my collection is that I buy the machines then put nearly as much into them to make them near perfect and modded to the gills. I think 6800 is a little high. But I'm really not in a rush to buy because there are plenty that are local to me now...the question is if they'll ever go up for sale. I think they will when some great machines come out in the next year. But who knows?

And just for clarification: I NEVER buy a machine that I think there's a chance I would sell within a year. Every machine I get is a keeper for the foreseeable future, which is why I put so much money and love into them.

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Didn't the same "dummy" (Steve Ritchie) design both games?

glad someone finally picked up on the sarcasm of the post, although the cannon is still completely useless and not much dumber in pinball design than visually blocking the in/outlane.

ST is great design. ACDC is on the bottom of the list for Steve games IMHO.

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

glad someone finally picked up on the sarcasm of the post, although the cannon is still completely useless and not much dumber in pinball design than visually blocking the in/outlane.

My problem with the canon is the actual canon.... $10 more could have built a much nicer model.... but that was easily modded.

I've never actually suffered for "losing" the ball in that outlane, but I'd agree, not perfect design.

As far as being useless?
    I find the canon shot to be a nice risk/reward choice when playing and,
    loading the canon (and um..occasionally missing!) the Super Jackpot is another of the great adrenalin moments in the game, IMO.

If you want to trash AC/DC, lets talk about the PF artwork!

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-minty-acdc-premium-with-great-mods/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.