(Topic ID: 125586)

For sale: HUO, Minty AC/DC Premium with great mods!

By lowepg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    hmg-ic_bnnrimg_08-2011.jpg
    qmeme_1430491451434_659.jpg
    crying-indian-o.gif
    acdcwindow2.jpg
    acdcwindow3.jpg
    acdcwindow1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-286.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg
    acdc7.jpg
    acdc8.jpg
    acdc6.jpg
    acdc4.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

HUO, Minty AC/DC Premium with great mods!

Added: 2015-04-20 03:51:27 UTC • Ended: May 10th, 2015
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 6,600

single owner, bought NIB April 2013.
    ACDC Premium (currently out of production)
    shaker installed
    pinnovator audio mod (external jack) installed
    out-of-production custom train topper
    Hemi canon mod
    diverter flasher mod
    cliffy protection installed day #1
    Robt-certified extra-rare "Clear Lower PF Window"

Machine is in perfect shape!

Selling for my below my cost/investment in the machine. These prices have been on the rise...

Located in Raleigh, prefer pickup but will ship provided you handle all the details.

photos on request....

Item photos

acdc1.jpg
    acdc2.jpg
    acdc3.jpg
    acdc5.jpg
    acdc4.jpg
    acdc6.jpg
    acdc8.jpg
    acdc7.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are lowepg's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to lowepg's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Cary, NC, US

#2 8 years ago

posted this in the marketplace last week- forgot to link a forum thread (duh).

If there's something you'd like a specific photo of- let me know- Ill add.

#3 8 years ago

You finally decided on an asking price? GLWS, I'll be interested where this goes.

#4 8 years ago

Killer game!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Woo wee I know what thread everyone is going to be posting in this weekend.

I hope you get what you want for it. I love my LED Pro, and I know straight up I'd ask solid money as well.

I'll say this, for nearly $7000, I wouldn't be saying "photos on request". I'd be putting those up to show off what I was offering for that kinda kazaa.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Woo wee I know what thread everyone is going to be posting in this weekend.
    I hope you get what you want for it. I love my LED Pro, and I know straight up I'd ask solid money as well.
    I'll say this, for nearly $7000, I wouldn't be saying "photos on request". I'd be putting those up to show off what I was offering for that kinda kazaa.

Yeah... I know... pretty lame. I've been running from one lacrosse game to another for the last 3 days- but will get some pictures taken tonight

Regarding the price: I will accept offers ABOVE the listing price - in case anyone is wondering....

#7 8 years ago

pics loaded into marketplace ad, sorry for the delay.

Anything that looks questionable on the photo is likely due to my crappy pinball photography skills. I couldn't quite grasp the balance of good lighting and glare.

Anyone who desires a closeup of a particular areas and or video- lemme know.

I looked hard and could not find a blemish on the machine to highlight.

#8 8 years ago

bump: with some updates.

dropping ther "trade for LOTR" option.

In my very small collection, I think TSPP and LOTR would be deep-rules-overkill

So, looking for straight-up sale (unless by some miracle a MB appears for trade)

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

bump: with some updates.
    dropping ther "trade for LOTR" option.
    In my very small collection, I think TSPP and LOTR would be deep-rules-overkill
    So, looking for straight-up sale (unless by some miracle a MB appears for trade)

I decided to make that same call a while back. Both are just time-sinks when you devote a game to them. However, I chose LOTR as my keeper...

#10 8 years ago

There's something else you need to drop...
    ...and then I'm in. (Already looking into shipping costs if I don't feel like driving!)

#11 8 years ago

i have $5200 when you want to sell and you can take all the mods off.
    im serious.

#12 8 years ago

I have more than that if he leaves them on. My machine. MINE!!!

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's something else you need to drop...
    ...and then I'm in. (Already looking into shipping costs if I don't feel like driving!)

Understand your opinion....

I've looked for an AC/DC Premium for sale to compare it to - and literally cant find even ONE!

I'd be happy to reevaluate the price if I can find a couple that have sold cheaper... but - in the last month - I haven't seen any.

Who knows, if Stern announced a really awesome title - some folks might swap their AC/DCs for it.... however, if they announce another title like their last 2-3 AC/DC might get even more scarce.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

i have $5200 when you want to sell and you can take all the mods off.
    im serious.

I think you're in the market for a ACDC Pro perhaps... .... or you're about 6 months late to find one for that price.

I've already walked away from offers $1000 higher than yours, so my advice would be if you find a ACDC Premium for $5200, buy 2 of them , Ill take one as well.

#15 8 years ago

You are certainly entitled to ask whatever price you want but I'm shocked someone actually offered $6200 and you didn't jump on it. It took me several weeks to sell mine at $5500 just 6 months ago (and something tells me any up vote on your post above is from someone who owns the game.)

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

and something tells me any up vote on your post above is from someone who owns the game

What happened 6 months ago is irrelevant - market demand is higher now.

For the record... my thumbs up had nothing to do with me owning the game - it had everything to do with Lowepg's reply to an offer of $5200.

Quoted from lowepg:

so my advice would be if you find a ACDC Premium for $5200, buy 2 of them , Ill take one as well.

#17 8 years ago

I think there is a gap between buyers and sellers. I bought one mid 5s a month ago with 300 in mods. It's very possible I just got lucky, but I will say that there aren't many for sale. Great game!

#18 8 years ago

You should take that $6200 offer

Lots of cool stuff on the horizon

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

You should take that $6200 offer
    Lots of cool stuff on the horizon

...not if I offer him more.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

You are certainly entitled to ask whatever price you want but I'm shocked someone actually offered $6200 and you didn't jump on it. It took me several weeks to sell mine at $5500 just 6 months ago (and something tells me any up vote on your post above is from someone who owns the game.)

No need to look conspiratorially at who gives a thumb up... hell, if one was the suspicious type, they might think YOU are posting purely out of sour grapes for admittedly having "bought high and sold low" 6 months ago. Of course, *I* think no such thing!

Beauty is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but I was being honest, i HAVE tried to find "comparables" to help determine the right price.

As others have said, the price 6 months ago is nearly irrelevant.... mostly because I'm not trying to sell it 6 months ago

I cant find any. There's a Luci for sale for $8900. Looking at that, I might have this priced too low.

#21 8 years ago

Doesn't seem like you are serious about selling. You never replied to my PM.

#22 8 years ago

Only $1,200 more than I sold mine for. Shazam!

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I think there is a gap between buyers and sellers. I bought one mid 5s a month ago with 300 in mods. It's very possible I just got lucky, but I will say that there aren't many for sale. Great game!

You did get lucky. I'm a cool guy.

#24 8 years ago

You SERIOUSLY should have taken the 6200 and run!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

Doesn't seem like you are serious about selling. You never replied to my PM.

Huh?

I just re-read your PM... you said something to the effect of "if your price becomes flexible and you want to entertain SHIPPING, let me know"

Well, I'm not ready to entertain shipping, so I didn't think I needed to respond yet.???

Sorry if you were expecting a response acknowledging your inquiry.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You SERIOUSLY should have taken the 6200 and run!

That's not even the highest offer... so I definitely wouldn't have accepted that one, but thanks for the advice!

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

That's not even the highest offer... so I definitely wouldn't have accepted that one, but thanks for the advice!

You wouldn't happen to be related to ElectricCircuit would you?

And there you go Stern, the demand is so high for ACDC Prem you can do another run any time.

#28 8 years ago

April 2013 date. Just wondering is it the clear or cloudy one. bump GLWS

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You did get lucky. I'm a cool guy.

No doubt about that...on both fronts! Manual came today, thx!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I HAVE tried to find "comparables" to help determine the right price.

You are in the right ball park with your price. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I casually mentioned that I was considering selling my AC/DC premium, and I immediately got two offers for $6,500 cash. It's a hot title right now.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You are in the right ball park with your price. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I casually mentioned that I was considering selling my AC/DC premium, and I immediately got two offers for $6,500 cash. It's a hot title right now.

GLWS Iowepg.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No doubt about that...on both fronts! Manual came today, thx!

If these things are really going for $6,500 I'm also an idiot!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, but it's already sold.

I was referring to the current FS thread but good for you. If this is worth 6500+ then it certainly makes a Tron loaded with mods look like an absolute steal.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

You wouldn't happen to be related to ElectricCircuit would you?
    And there you go Stern, the demand is so high for ACDC Prem you can do another run any time.

Yes, that's always a possibility!

However, after running a LOT of them, and then running Luci, I would be very surprised to see more AC/DC's run anytime soon....but you're right, there's always a chance!

Just like ANY machine cold be a VE and PPS could sneak up and announce any title. Some folks will always be paralyzed by what "might happen" and others will live in the present and "buy when they want". Obviously, I like the later

#36 8 years ago

I just bought AC-DC premium a few weeks ago for his asking price! Maybe a little high but I really wanted the game and all of the mods. If you are patient someone will grab it for close to your price. AC/ DC premium was about 6300 brand new a few years ago. Someone who wants one and likes the mods will grab it.

#37 8 years ago

Okay, I tell you what: I'll give you $6500 for it and I'll meet you in Baltimore to make the transaction. Can't get there till after dark, though.

This is really killing me. I want to get the machine, but people around here are making me feel like I'd be getting ripped off. I'm torn...pay a lot to have it now, or wait until prices drop down the road (hopefully) when the next Steve Ritchie comes out?

(The 500-mile drive each way for me doesn't make the purchase any easier...)

#38 8 years ago

I expected banter! All in good fun.

I'm not in a rush to sell it, so I'm not taking lowball offers (ones that start with a 5- again, that's MY opinion)

And, who knows, maybe the demand for AC/DC Premium will reverse itself and drop.... (or ahem, go up). But regardless, I'd NEVER entertain offers like the one for $5200.

And whats the worst thing that happens if I CANT find a buyer at the right price????? The horror- I'm stuck with an AC/DC Premium pinball machine, Arguable the BEST pinball machine Stern has EVER made!

That's about the best worst-case-scenario I've encountered in a while

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I tell you what: I'll give you $6500 for it and I'll meet you in Baltimore to make the transaction.

Damn, I was JUST in Hanover, MD for a meeting Sunday-Monday. Admittedly, I picked a BAD couple days to be in the Baltimore area!

I'll be back up there end of May for 3 days (Hanover is right next to BWI Airport). If it hasn't sold by then (and you haven't found one better/cheaper or Stern hasnt announced a rerun of them ), I'm sure we could work out a deal.

#40 8 years ago

You just moved one step closer to selling it. Thanks.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You just moved one step closer to selling it. Thanks.

Hey, you never know. Someone reading this might have one a helluva lot closer and decide they'd part with it for that offer (or less).

Good luck to both of us

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Some folks will always be paralyzed by what "might happen" and others will live in the present and "buy when they want". Obviously, I like the later

I'm paralyzed by "what will my wife do to me (and my pins) if I buy another one"

I don't think you are aiming too high, it's a great pin and supply is low. GLWTS, and let us know what it sold for

#43 8 years ago

btw, If Stern actually announces KISS as their next title, I'm INCREASING the price by $200

#44 8 years ago

Why hasn't this sold yet?

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Why hasn't this sold yet?

Because it's priced too high.

#46 8 years ago

It's on ebay. With many weird bids with many of the bids coming from ebay names that start with L ..hmmm

#47 8 years ago

GLWTS..I'd have a hard time parting with mine

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Bingo

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from bobWeir:

It's on ebay. With many weird bids with many of the bids coming from ebay names that start with L ..hmmm

Lol- you bastard - you actually made me look!

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yawn.

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-minty-acdc-premium-with-great-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.