Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01527-1.jpg
P1020137.JPG
P1020132.JPG
P1020134.JPG
P1020136.JPG
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

VERY nice HUO LOTR for sale in Western, NC. I bought it back in 2006 and its been in my smoke free home away from any direct sunlight and with leg protectors installed. Also included are the following spare figures that are from the original first run, still in their unopened plastics- gandalf the white on horse, ringwraith dark rider on horse, aragon on horse, uruk-hai warrior with helmet on, frodo, merry, and pippen. I also have an extra balrog, and barud-dur tower. Finally I have the complete set of original playfield plastics. and the thick set plastics. While nothing needs to be replaced on the pin, you'll have backups if you ever need them. I also installed the multicolor LED mod for the Palantir globe.

I have never had any issues with the pin, (balrog works great) and the only cosmetic issue is when the pin was shrink wrapped and moved from SC to NC where I currently live, the guy didn't put a pillow/blanket before he folded it down. So the gold trim around the edge of the backglass rubbed away in 2 spots. It didn't dent or damage the actual cabinet, but just that foil that covers the edge. I'm happy to send pictures and/or video at your request.

Located in Plumtree, NC 28664

Asking $5400 OBO.

#2 11 years ago

a few pictures...

P1020136.JPGP1020136.JPG

#3 11 years ago

more

P1020134.JPGP1020134.JPG

#4 11 years ago

more

P1020132.JPGP1020132.JPG P1020137.JPGP1020137.JPG

1 week later
#6 11 years ago

Is this an LE? Reg LOTR aren't going for $5400 now are they!?!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

HUO probably are.

#8 11 years ago

You have to ask if it is an LE? It is definately a pro.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That includes all the spare playfield plastics and figures too. $5k is pretty much becoming the norm for a nice HUO LOTR.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

That includes all the spare playfield plastics and figures too. $5k is pretty much becoming the norm for a nice HUO LOTR.

I would concur. Particularly with the extras that are being included. Fortunately (for me), I bought my HUO LOTR in May, 2011. That's ages ago in pinflation years.

#12 11 years ago

Okay, that's pretty much spot on. I sold mine to a new-ish collector (His only other game was an Transformers NIB on the way..) for (negotiated down) 5100. I put it on local CL and had it sold in less than 24 hours. Was actually in better condition than this one, not by much, but if that's a full set of spare plastics? Those things are like 200+ bucks just by themselves, even assuming you can FIND them in the first place.

#13 11 years ago

I have on E-bay both the regular set and thick plastic set for auction. NOS with protective covers on all the pieces. So yes you can find them and under 200.00. Thanks-Joe

#14 11 years ago

I'm seeing 160$ starting bid including shipping, and it's not a BIN... wait 5 days and we'll see how accurate that statement is lol.

#15 11 years ago

It is different buying a plastic set from an individual on Ebay than from a distributor. You really don't know if any of the plastics are missing from an individual.

#16 11 years ago

well it looks like the buyer has backed out so this is still on the market if anyone is interested.

#17 11 years ago

Bump, price drop to $5300. That's under $5k for the pin when you take into account the costs of the extras, plastics, etc.

#18 11 years ago

Are you looking for any trades? Mybe a deal can be made sold ACDC Premium and POTC last WS sale ans Xmen Magneto in Kingsport.

#19 11 years ago

moving to marketplace sub-forum

#20 11 years ago

Wow, it is crazy how things are going. I sold my HUO 1 year ago for $3800. Regardless, good luck with your sale.

#21 11 years ago

Prices are all relative now I guess. I bought a Wolverine for $6500 and although I've defended the purchase and still hope the next update makes it better, LOTR is a WAY better pinball, and in that light, $5300 seems like a deal. And while I probably SHOULD just sell Wolverine, I refuse to do so before seeing what the next update might do to game play. It was my first NIB and I've second guessed that decision a million times. I've never regretted owning LOTR.

#22 11 years ago

Do they make the gold trim plastic piece for the head? If so, you may want to snag a piece and replace the damaged head piece. It is probably a cheap/ easy fix if the product is available and then it sounds liek the machine would be 100%...

Good luck in your sale.

#23 11 years ago

I know it would have to be an easy fix. If anyone sees a link to that product, just the gold foil/trim, could you please PM me? Thanks!!

#25 11 years ago

Stevedave thank you! It is all gold around the back.

#26 11 years ago

I can't believe nobody mentioned the unbelievable DTR time. 12.7 seconds!

Impressive.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks. I am pretty decent at pinball

2 weeks later
#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Wow, it is crazy how things are going. I sold my HUO 1 year ago for $3800. Regardless, good luck with your sale.

1 Year has made a big difference in pricing. I couldnt sell my HUO LE for 4k last year. Now I could probably get close to 6.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

1 Year has made a big difference in pricing. I couldnt sell my HUO LE for 4k last year. Now I could probably get close to 6.

Have any HUO LOTR LEs sold recently that you know of?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yeah, I'm such an idiot. I had a bead on an unadvertised one coming off route (needing a little TLC but not trashed) last year. The guy wanted $3600 and I stupidly held storng at $3200 so he kept it. Ugh!!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have any HUO LOTR LEs sold recently that you know of?

If they have i'm sure they got well over 5k....maybe closer to 6

#33 11 years ago

Ok people are saying over 5k is the norm for HUO but is it? I was thinking 4500-4800 This one has been sitting for a month ...

#34 11 years ago

that's weird, mine is gold with a black plastic line in the middle, haven't been able to find it anywhere......

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

that's weird, mine is gold with a black plastic line in the middle, haven't been able to find it anywhere......

Mine was black/gold too.. like this

http://www.8linesupply.com/p/t-moulding-per-foot.html

#36 11 years ago

That's a nice looking pin. GLWTS.

And to add my .02, I think $5K is spot on. I ascribe a lot of add'l value to a pin if the seller has taken the time to install all the protectors and LED it out, because that saves me time and I never have enough of that. So to others that posted, I could see the average asking price for a low-plays HUO that's been given the full treatment making it to $5400-$5600 easily.

1 week later
#37 11 years ago

pin has sold

#38 11 years ago

so for those of us wanting a HUO LOTR someday, what was the hammer price???

#39 11 years ago

I'll ask the buyer if he's okay with me stating the price (he's a member here). As long as he doesn't mind, I'll post it.

#40 11 years ago

Pin sold for $5300 ($5k for pin, $300 for all the extra parts, figures, complete playfield plastics)

#41 11 years ago

congrats with the sale, that was a good price.

LOTR is definitly going up.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Pin sold for $5300 ($5k for pin, $300 for all the extra parts, figures, complete playfield plastics)

thanks very much for sharing

#43 11 years ago

I am very happy with LOTR. cscmtp was dead on in his description of it. He and his family were great hosts and were nice enough to let me and my wife play the other pins while we were there. An overall excellent experience. Now looking into LED'ing it out.

Just got it home and finally got to play a few games on it.

DSC01527-1.jpgDSC01527-1.jpg

#44 11 years ago

Your Shadow looks great also. I tried to put a couple of pins in a room in the house and even though I was aware I did not think it would happen but my floor got scratched up real fast, you have nice looking hardwood I would strongly recommend these pin footies before you play a few games.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LLPF

#45 11 years ago

....Now looking into LED'ing it out.

You might consider colored incandesants.

#46 11 years ago

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I will definitely look into it.

#47 11 years ago

Just telling you now, don't expect to ever beat my best destroy the ring time.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

....Now looking into LED'ing it out.
You might consider colored incandesants.

No LED's in LOTR except a color changer in the orb (I love LED's but that's one game that needs good old fashioned bulbs)

Colored incandesants.... I agree. Throw some green ones under the slings and on the left side GI's. Just that little bit goes a long way

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just telling you now, don't expect to ever beat my best destroy the ring time.

I feel a factory reboot coming up to freshen up the high scores...

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I feel a factory reboot coming up to freshen up the high scores...

Haha yeah I think so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 12.95
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.