(Topic ID: 276455)

For sale: Houdini

By Pinphila

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Houdini

Added: 2020-09-01 16:05:34 UTC • Ended: October 24th, 2020
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

Price

$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Selling my HUO Houdini. I bought this from Cointaker. Game plays great. Has cliffy protectors installed as well as side blades. Has a small scuff on right head.
Around 225 plays
No power issues.

** EDIT - awaiting new decal for right head so the scuff wont be an issue anymore***

Price is 5k firm. Would trade for Star Wars Prem/LE or Aero Prem/LE.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mg8q6kDUKFVPEiuj9

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinphila's market stats.

silver Seller Level

Pinphila has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinphila's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 5,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Phoenixville, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

#2 3 years ago

Great game great seller ..

#3 3 years ago

I second that, great game great seller and great price!

#4 3 years ago

Dianne Wiest that’s a good price

#5 3 years ago

Pics added

#6 3 years ago

At this price I'm not sure there is a better bang for your buck game in existence.

#7 3 years ago

Hard to believe this hasn’t sold at this price. If I haven’t owned one already I’d be all over this.

GLWTS

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

At this price I'm not sure there is a better bang for your buck game in existence.

Quoted from mrossman5:

Hard to believe this hasn’t sold at this price. If I haven’t owned one already I’d be all over this.
GLWTS

Thanks guys. Have a few tire kickers but nothing solid. New code update coming as well.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I second that, great game great seller and great price!

hear here! i would love that next to my hotwheels but i gots college bills to pay.
buy with confidence.

2 weeks later
#10 3 years ago

Bump. Surprised this is still available.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Bump. Surprised this is still available.

I have a few interested folks but I have a new decal coming and once it is in and installed, Ill press this again.

#12 3 years ago

If I was local, this would be sold.

#13 3 years ago

Great Price , own this game, love it GLWS

#14 3 years ago

Yeah the location kills it for me to bump.

John

#15 3 years ago

Man you ALWAYS price your machines so temptingly.
Great seller!

#16 3 years ago

Still available. Thought it was sold but buyer backed out.

#17 3 years ago

I don't know why this is such a tough sell. Houdini is such a great game. Good bang for the buck. My buddy has one. Was pleasantly surprised when I played it for the first time. You can't go wrong at this price.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I don't know why this is such a tough sell. Houdini is such a great game. Good bang for the buck. My buddy has one. Was pleasantly surprised when I played it for the first time. You can't go wrong at this price.

Thanks Ted. I am surprised too.

Ill have the new decal on this week.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It might be because the seller is unwilling to ship and in doing so has ignored genuine offers from people like myself who he calls 'tire kickers', who wanted to buy the game.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

It might be because the seller is unwilling to ship and in doing so has ignored genuine offers from people like myself who he calls 'tire kickers', who wanted to buy the game.

How do you know I was calling you a tire kicker? It’s the 10 guys who asked a million questions then say “my wife won’t let me” or some “I got another deal I can’t pass up” BS.

I have no problem shipping the game domestically. I am not dealing with international shipping nor taking the game to Linden NJ for your shipper. I don’t have the time. Nor do I want to be responsible for wrapping and prepping a game (like you asked) for international shipping. I don’t want the hassle of it. If you want it, find someone in NJ willing to come get it for you, pay them a courier fee, send them the wire payment, have them pay me cash and take the game to Linden. Plenty of guys live in that area. Call fast Eddie. He goes past there all the time.

#21 3 years ago

Good for you Pinphila calling it out like it is.

#22 3 years ago

I hate selling pins because of crap like this. Unwilling to ship is different from prepping the game and driving it to a port.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

How do you know I was calling you a tire kicker? It’s the 10 guys who asked a million questions then say “my wife won’t let me” or some “I got another deal I can’t pass up” BS.
I have no problem shipping the game domestically. I am not dealing with international shipping nor taking the game to Linden NJ for your shipper. I don’t have the time. Nor do I want to be responsible for wrapping and prepping a game (like you asked) for international shipping. I don’t want the hassle of it. If you want it, find someone in NJ willing to come get it for you, pay them a courier fee, send them the wire payment, have them pay me cash and take the game to Linden. Plenty of guys live in that area. Call fast Eddie. He goes past there all the time.

The fact that it was shipping internationally made no difference to you and as my reply explained I was not asking you to drive the game anywhere! All I was asking was for you to help prep the game for shipping for a guy that I would organise (like fast Eddy) to pick it up but you completely ignored my response.

#24 3 years ago

Sorry I ignored your response.From my perspective, I get a message from a guy supposedly in Sydney asking for a pinball willing to wire funds. He asks me to drive it to Linden, NJ. I see no pinside feedback about said buyer although he claims to have references. Oh, and then he says he would have a courier pick up the game. Hmm, to me is smells fishy. Maybe I’m wrong but I would bet most people would agree.

If you have references, get them to post positive feedback for you on pinside.

My offer still stands, wire Ed (or someone else the money) and have him pay me cash and pick it up.

Best of luck.

#25 3 years ago

It's your pin. Sell it however you'd like, to whomever you like. Especially at that price, you have a right to prioritize local buyers...

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Sorry I ignored your response.From my perspective, I get a message from a guy supposedly in Sydney asking for a pinball willing to wire funds. He asks me to drive it to Linden, NJ. I see no pinside feedback about said buyer although he claims to have references. Oh, and then he says he would have a courier pick up the game. Hmm, to me is smells fishy. Maybe I’m wrong but I would bet most people would agree.
If you have references, get them to post positive feedback for you on pinside.
My offer still stands, wire Ed (or someone else the money) and have him pay me cash and pick it up.
Best of luck.

Look man best of luck to you too but my point being if people are scratching their heads as to why this game hasn’t sold yet, ignoring genuine offers like my one might be the reason why.

At the time I had cash ready to go but since then Avengers was released and now the cash has gone to that.

Edit: And point taken re references. I'll ask the Pinsider's I've purchased from previously to rate their experience dealing with me on my Pinside page for future reference.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

...I'll ask the Pinsider's I've purchased from previously to rate their experience dealing with me on my Pinside page for future reference.

I’ve had to do exactly that. I live in Hong Kong (as per my avatar) and that often turns guys away. First thing I always m have to do is put a seller at ease when I propose a purchase. It takes time and effort to get positive feedback; I usually send a feedback weblink to guys requesting feedback (after I’ve left them positive feedback). fridgejam , I hope you get a Houdini, it’s a great pin.

#28 3 years ago

I'll tell you what man. Pinside is getting out of control when it comes to selling pins with buyers. I just sold my Dracula and Elvira and it's been nothing but problems. From bullshit like this.

And then when somebody misses out on a pin, They leave you bad feedback because you didn't get back them. Like a little baby because they didn't get what they wanted.

#29 3 years ago

And if I hear that retarded statement one more time. "Cash on the glass." I'm going to kill someone.

#30 3 years ago

Like that some universal code that you're going to give your pinball machine away for nothing.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Good for you Pinphila calling it out like it is.

And your only negative on your post is from...... Stay true man, selling games is hard enough. Do it your way!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

And if I hear that retarded statement one more time. "Cash on the glass." I'm going to kill someone.

Ted, you have I have disagreed in the past but your last three posts are spot on. Couldn’t have said it better. I agree 100%.

I laugh at the “cash on the glass” .. oh, let me just drop everyone else because you are going to come put cash on the glass. Wow!! “Cash on the glass” is the bad pickup line of pinball purchases. In reality, it just means you are going to show up yet still try to nickel and dime me on a scuff or dimple. Or better yet, ask to use my tools, wrap, hand truck and watch me break it down and load in your car. You will probably ask to use my bathroom to take a dump (it’s happened).

There are lots of great pinsiders that I have dealt with but once I hear “cash on the glass”, I move on.

Looks like I have a great pinsider lined up to buy it though.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

“Cash on the glass” is the bad pickup line of pinball purchases.

Love it!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It's just a concise way to explain the concept of buying a game in person, rather than buying it sight unseen and shipping it.

Quoted from Pinphila:

Looks like I have a great pinsider lined up to buy it though.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's just a concise way to explain the concept of buying a game in person, rather than buying it sight unseen and shipping it.

ForceFlow everyone that I have dealt with that uses that term has always given me a LOW LOW ball offer. It's ridiculous. Plus my pins are pretty damn nice.

#36 3 years ago

Cash on the glass. I equate that to the Pinsider who showed up to by a game at an agreed upon price, with his friend with him. They both begin to try to haggle down the price and the friend says, it's only $100 less. I said, then you fucking chip in if it's only $100. Get the fuck out. My wife was even pissed at the assholes because she heard the conversation from upstairs.

#37 3 years ago

Don't forget about the LED head flashlight to look over the imperfections that you already mentioned and provided pictures of.

Quoted from PoMC:

Cash on the glass. I equate that to the Pinsider who showed up to by a game at an agreed upon price, with his friend with him. They both begin to try to haggle down the price and the friend says, it's only $100 less. I said, then you fucking chip in if it's only $100. Get the fuck out. My wife was even pissed at the assholes because she heard the conversation from upstairs.

#39 3 years ago

Didn't cash on the glass mean you had quarters up back in the day at the arcade, or did it always refer to pinball sales? btw, I am the lucky buyer of the Houdini!!! I have wanted one ever since I first saw one a couple of years ago. I am looking forward to meeting John and picking it up.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It still rubs alot of people the wrong way. I cringe when I see it in an email and avoid that person because of the comments above. It usually means trouble.

#44 3 years ago

What it's always meant to me was that say I'm selling the game and that I wont ship it, I want the buyer to come see the game in person so that there happy with it. But it also means (to me anyways) that the price is not set in stone, if you want to come haggle me down then thats fine but don't bother bringing your checkbook, cash on the glass only.
Shipping any game is just asking for problems on either end of the deal.

John

#45 3 years ago

Well i’ll make sure i never use that term again!! I’ve never used it (or understood it) to mean anything more than picking up the game in person, and not having to deal with electric payments. I have never showed up and tried to get less than the agreed amount. Ive also not shown up and found the game misrepresented either where one might argue for less. Never had any bad selling experiences either. I feel partly fortunate but its not just chance since i choose to deal with pinsiders with solid reputations

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-houdini-?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.