• Latest reply 3 years ago by jokerpoker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4011 (resized).jpg
IMG_4012 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Houdini

Added: 2020-08-11 22:06:40 UTC
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

#2 3 years ago

I contacted this person twice with no reply , was skeptical they have no reviews. Now after taking a better look at the photos notice art blades missing in some photos.

#3 3 years ago

I havent had a reply either. I did ask about the pics of 2 different machines

#4 3 years ago

FYI, the close-up playfield images are stock images from AP's website. They have now been removed.

rbgorda Please only use photos from your actual game.

#5 3 years ago

This is s screaming deal....
Makes me think it could be to good to be true?
I reccomend cash on glass in person for this purchase.
Account is 3 years old. this ad is their first post. Not that this is suspicious, but does ad caution.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is s screaming deal....
Makes me think it could be to good to be true?
I reccomend cash on glass in person for this purchase.
Account is 3 years old. this ad is their first post. Not that this is suspicious, but does ad caution.

It is to good to be true , they took down the other 2 photos after I called them out.they go as far east and west or even out of the country looking for someone that needs it shipped , in this case I'm being ignored because I would be cash on the glass. Just beaware!

#7 3 years ago

Crazy that a game this good isn't driving high demand.

Oh well... buyer's gain!

#8 3 years ago

Only post on pinside in 3 years. Not a single comment, upvote/downvote or rating. Red flag, potential buyer be cautious.

#9 3 years ago

They did not take down the picture it was moderated out. Total Scam, funny this add got me to finally pull the trigger on listing my STNG as I was like see self see - you can get your Houdini for the price you want.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Crazy that a game this good isn't driving high demand.
Oh well... buyer's gain!

Just wait til people realize how rare it really is down the road

Probably 3 pirates out there for every Houdini

#11 3 years ago

Is Houdini officially out of production? Do we know how many were made?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is Houdini officially out of production? Do we know how many were made?

I remember hearing a month or two ago that it was on the way out. Seems lime 750-1000 units? Which POTC is 1000.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I remember hearing a month or two ago that it was on the way out. Seems lime 750-1000 units? Which POTC is 1000.

Ahh no. More 500-600 ish

#14 3 years ago

ForceFlow Hi mate just a quick question. As this add appears to be suspicious why do these types of adds just not get removed to save an unsuspecting person. If it’s dodgy enough to remove pix why not pull the whole ad and send OP a message they must use their own pix and repost. If it’s legit you would think they would! Not trying to be antagonistic just a genuine interest. Cheers.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

forceflow Hi mate just a quick question. As this add appears to be suspicious why do these types of adds just not get removed to save an unsuspecting person. If it’s dodgy enough to remove pix why not pull the whole ad and send OP a message they must use their own pix and repost. If it’s legit you would think they would! Not trying to be antagonistic just a genuine interest. Cheers.

All pinball Ads from now on should have an upfront fee.
2 things come from this;
Paypal paper trail is #1. You get a name, verified address.
#2....by charging a Fee for each pin listed you have the commitment from seller in advance they are serious about there ad. To pony up $25 bucks for every 5 thousand sounds fair and will avoid the bogus sales and ads.

#16 3 years ago

The seller is verified... maybe he/she is legit

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

forceflow Hi mate just a quick question. As this add appears to be suspicious why do these types of adds just not get removed to save an unsuspecting person. If it’s dodgy enough to remove pix why not pull the whole ad and send OP a message they must use their own pix and repost. If it’s legit you would think they would! Not trying to be antagonistic just a genuine interest. Cheers.

Quoted from 27dnast:

The seller is verified... maybe he/she is legit

"Maybe" is the operative word. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a newbie and a scammer.

We typically nuke ads that are fake beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, there isn't enough information to determine that at this time, though it is suspicious enough to keep an eye on.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahh no. More 500-600 ish

I remember them aiming for 500, then they seemed to extend manufacturing for 9 months or so longer.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Maybe" is the operative word. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a newbie and a scammer.
We typically nuke ads that are fake beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, there isn't enough information to determine that at this time, though it is suspicious enough to keep an eye on.

Considering they have one post, and this thread is it, and they haven't posted in three days of this thread existing.....

#19 3 years ago

well have people contact them as if they are intersted and gauge if it's real or not.

#20 3 years ago

Hell...I was ready to get in the truck when he posted. But ahhh for not!! I have left 3 messages with no response. Hell, maybe they should do a courtesy safety check! After all....we are living with a WW Pandemic!!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks mate. Appreciate your response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-houdini-95?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.