Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#4 5 years ago

LOL well we know why you posted that...

This is a STEAL! I think it will take a while before people realize how awesome this game is, like Hobbit. Get one now before the price starts going back up! They aren’t building too many more of these, the BOM is too high!

2 months later
#18 5 years ago

Man the gossip crew seems really to have knocked this game around. Mark my words, it will be a hot item once they shift over to Oktoberfest. Think about it - the people who are commenting on it negatively have played it a couple times on location, not set up properly. The ones who own it, are ecstatic. Blows my mind.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you hit the shot just to the right of the left orbit it should send the ball over to the stage.

And you can hit it from the left flipper. It took me a few games too, but man all of the shots are dialed in now. I am just not getting where the “geometry” stuff comes from.

I am not a very good player either, so I know it’s not a skill thing. I will say that the game is not very forgiving for the new player. But man the updates have been awesome the past few months. The modes are really fun (“man from beyond”, “bullet catch” especially), I think there’s 6 mini wizard modes. It’s not my game, and I ain’t Selling mine, I just do not understand the negative comments.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a fantastic strategic game. The geometry is fine. The reason seasoned players have a hard time with it is it's not a cookie-cutter fan layout, and their muscle memory does not work, so they brick a lot of shots, but even when they do, they at least get a seance letter.
It's a great game in a collection precisely because it's so different and has a slower more strategic style of play. It still does great on the route I help with. We moved it out to make room for Munsters, so I get to enjoy it at home until the next location for it is chosen. My son hadn't seen it in a year and was blown away by how much the software has improved since the last time he played it.

Nailed it

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

WTF is " shat ".......

LOL that is a real word

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed, a for sale thread is not a place to wander in and give a negative review of a game.

Especially when the game kicks so much ass! Buyer will love it. BE SURE you set it up precisely! 6.2 pitch not 6.5. Makes a tremendous difference

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

One very nice backhand shot in this game from the right flipper is a bank off the C standup straight into the stage. That debunks two of the observations listed above.

The inner loop (catapult) is also backhandable - but you do need to be precise. Takes a bit of practice but you can make it consistently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-houdini-40?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.