Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Houdini

Added: 2018-11-06 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (February 12th, 2019) • Ended: February 17th, 2019
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Price

$ 5,000

Working well, code updated recently. No issues with the game. Maintained/cleaned. Still located at my store in Nashville (Game Galaxy in Smyrna) for the past 6 months but we are out of room. Typical Houdini, excellent condition. $5000 cash. Pics upon request later this afternoon (message me with your cell number or email address) but with the game being as new as it is they all look the same =)

Only partial trades I would do would be:
Flash + 3500
High Speed + 3000
Pinbot + 3000
Gorgar + 3500
Junkyard + $1500
Rocky and Bullwinkle + $2800
Hook + $3700
Super Mario Bros + $2500
The Game Show + $3300

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DreamTR's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DreamTR's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 5,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

3 weeks later
#2 5 years ago

Bumping this up

#3 5 years ago

Bumping this up again. I know I should have mentioned this before. If you are interested in the game please already have your discussions with your wife/ significant other BEFORE you contact me with interest. Thank you.

#4 5 years ago

LOL well we know why you posted that...

This is a STEAL! I think it will take a while before people realize how awesome this game is, like Hobbit. Get one now before the price starts going back up! They aren’t building too many more of these, the BOM is too high!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If you are interested in the game please already have your discussions with your wife/ significant other BEFORE you contact me with interest. Thank you.

Why? New pins just show up at my place,

4 weeks later
#6 5 years ago

Bumping up. Reduced to 5500

1 month later
#7 5 years ago

Lowered to 5000 or new trades as posted.

#8 5 years ago

Get it over to Savanna for me and I’ll take it!

(That’s where my pins ship from...)

rd

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Get it over to Savanna for me and I’ll take it!
(That’s where my pins ship from...)
rd

Shipping to Savannah, GA is probably $300-365 or so.

#10 5 years ago

Yikes, the price on these continues to plummet. I'm sure a buyer will come along GLWS bump!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yikes, the price on these continues to plummet. I'm sure a buyer will come along GLWS bump!

The reality is, almost all NIBs are losing a heap of value.

I almost got two different as new GOTG pros for $4000 each on my American Xmas road trip.

rd

#12 5 years ago

Smoking hot deal for someone local to you. Still pretty good even with $500-$500 coast to coast shipping.

#13 5 years ago

Yep, down down they go...

#14 5 years ago

Somebody buy this!!! I love my Houdini!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yep, down down they go...

Man if this thing gets down to $4500 I might be tempted. This game would have been spectacular if they made it a wide-body.

#16 5 years ago

WTF why is it every time there is a smoking deal on a game its not near me, agghh! A few hours closer and I would be all over this one.

Fantastic deal GLWS

#17 5 years ago

Pretty soon you will be able to pick up a Thunderbirds and Houdini package for 7k

#18 5 years ago

Man the gossip crew seems really to have knocked this game around. Mark my words, it will be a hot item once they shift over to Oktoberfest. Think about it - the people who are commenting on it negatively have played it a couple times on location, not set up properly. The ones who own it, are ecstatic. Blows my mind.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man the gossip crew seems really to have knocked this game around. Mark my words, it will be a hot item once they shift over to Oktoberfest. Think about it - the people who are commenting on it negatively have played it a couple times on location, not set up properly. The ones who own it, are ecstatic. Blows my mind.

Oktoberfest has no bearing on this game..... it’s s a horrible shooter. This coming from a prior NIB owner.

#20 5 years ago

I am 100% ready to buy this game but a 10 hour drive is just not doable for me unfortunately otherwise this thing would be sold.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mark my words, it will be a hot item once they shift over to Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest can't fix Houdinis bad geometry....

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I owned and paid for it. 2 actually as did 5 other owners near me and played it. It’s just not a fun game period. So I am commenting based on My investment and opinion. Others (or the 5 cheerleaders for this game) can love it no issues but the calling people wrong for not understanding this game just seems wrong. Many have expressed why this game is not fun and their view is just as justified. If anyone is considering Houdini this used one is your best choice.

#23 5 years ago

At 5k its a good deal.

#24 5 years ago

Poor Houdini... no love around here unfortunately glws

#25 5 years ago

You know what the biggest problem is......... The left orbit shot is sooooo wide it needs two roll over switches, every other shot is extremely tight and almost impossible to put needed combos together to progress and have fun with this outstanding looking game.

#26 5 years ago

Is there any way to shoot into the stage besides accidentally slopping it in there?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I owned and paid for it. 2 actually as did 5 other owners near me and played it. It’s just not a fun game period. So I am commenting based on My investment and opinion. Others (or the 5 cheerleaders for this game) can love it no issues but the calling people wrong for not understanding this game just seems wrong. Many have expressed why this game is not fun and their view is just as justified. If anyone is considering Houdini this used one is your best choice.

And that's why I'd never by a Houdini mod from you. You're very outspoken with hate for the game on multiple threads. And now pissing in someone's FS thread badmouthing the game.

I do get a chuckle when I see my 8 year old hitting shots while others complain about the game being overly difficult.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

And that's why I'd never by a Houdini mod from you. You're very outspoken with hate for the game on multiple threads. And now pissing in someone's FS thread badmouthing the game.
I do get a chuckle when I see my 8 year old hitting shots while others complain about the game being overly difficult.

Ok really? I did not Hate on the game I Said it was not Fun and my family did not enjoy it. Do I have to Love every game because I made a mod for it? Do I have to lie and say it’s Awesome to sell something? No thanks. We didn’t enjoy it why can’t Houdini owners accept that not everyone has to love it like they do?? I am glad your 8 year old enjoys it and I have said if anyone is considering Houdini this is the best price/option to buy it. Umphhh.

#29 5 years ago

Tempting to make to 6+ hour drive for that price.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Is there any way to shoot into the stage besides accidentally slopping it in there?

If you hit the shot just to the right of the left orbit it should send the ball over to the stage.

#31 5 years ago

Let's keep the thread on track guys. If there is a disagreement, please take it to PM.

Nice game that would be great to own for this price.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Nice game that would be great to own for this price.

PMd you.

#33 5 years ago

If I didn't buy lotr recently I would be all over this. Still tempted though. Guess its time to list lah!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you hit the shot just to the right of the left orbit it should send the ball over to the stage.

And you can hit it from the left flipper. It took me a few games too, but man all of the shots are dialed in now. I am just not getting where the “geometry” stuff comes from.

I am not a very good player either, so I know it’s not a skill thing. I will say that the game is not very forgiving for the new player. But man the updates have been awesome the past few months. The modes are really fun (“man from beyond”, “bullet catch” especially), I think there’s 6 mini wizard modes. It’s not my game, and I ain’t Selling mine, I just do not understand the negative comments.

#35 5 years ago

If you were only interested in trading for my Ripley's (plus cash on my side)...

GLWTS!

#36 5 years ago

Everyone has an opinion. I bought a Houdini and love it.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hit the Stage Alley next to the left orbit. It guides the ball through the pops straight to the stage.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Everyone has an opinion. I bought a Houdini and love it.

It's a fantastic strategic game. The geometry is fine. The reason seasoned players have a hard time with it is it's not a cookie-cutter fan layout, and their muscle memory does not work, so they brick a lot of shots, but even when they do, they at least get a seance letter.

It's a great game in a collection precisely because it's so different and has a slower more strategic style of play. It still does great on the route I help with. We moved it out to make room for Munsters, so I get to enjoy it at home until the next location for it is chosen. My son hadn't seen it in a year and was blown away by how much the software has improved since the last time he played it.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok really? I did not Hate on the game I Said it was not Fun and my family did not enjoy it. Do I have to Love every game because I made a mod for it? Do I have to lie and say it’s Awesome to sell something? No thanks. We didn’t enjoy it why can’t Houdini owners accept that not everyone has to love it like they do?? I am glad your 8 year old enjoys it and I have said if anyone is considering Houdini this is the best price/option to buy it. Umphhh.

Honestly you really shat on this guy’s for sale thread with your comments on how much it sucks then “try” to make up for it with your last sentence. Unnecessary. Sometimes better to keep moving.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Honestly you really shat on this guy’s for sale thread with your comments on how much it sucks then “try” to make up for it with your last sentence. Unnecessary. Sometimes better to keep moving.

WTF is " shat ".......

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a fantastic strategic game. The geometry is fine. The reason seasoned players have a hard time with it is it's not a cookie-cutter fan layout, and their muscle memory does not work, so they brick a lot of shots, but even when they do, they at least get a seance letter.
It's a great game in a collection precisely because it's so different and has a slower more strategic style of play. It still does great on the route I help with. We moved it out to make room for Munsters, so I get to enjoy it at home until the next location for it is chosen. My son hadn't seen it in a year and was blown away by how much the software has improved since the last time he played it.

Nailed it

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

WTF is " shat ".......

LOL that is a real word

#43 5 years ago

Great price. This reminds me of my XMLE sale. Still a nice pin but some pins are hard to sell unless they are priced crazy low. And it may not be the pin itself but the timing of the sale as well if others had already owned it or just bought something else. Some games get snapped up quickly others not.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Can you show me again where I said the game "sucks"? Don't think I have ever said that about Any game. Are you reading a different post or forum?

#45 5 years ago

"It’s just not a fun game period."
"Others (or the 5 cheerleaders for this game) can love it no issues but the calling people wrong for not understanding this game just seems wrong. "
"it was not Fun and my family did not enjoy it."

These are all comments that basically state it sucks. We get it, you've stated this opinion in the past. But to do it in a For Sale ad is just bad tact. Would you like it in your own ad if people came in and basically said the game sucks and only 5 people love it? Should have just kept quiet and that's why I'm calling you out on it. How are you being helpful here? Only harmful.

#46 5 years ago

Agreed, a for sale thread is not a place to wander in and give a negative review of a game.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed, a for sale thread is not a place to wander in and give a negative review of a game.

Especially when the game kicks so much ass! Buyer will love it. BE SURE you set it up precisely! 6.2 pitch not 6.5. Makes a tremendous difference

#48 5 years ago

Someone got a crazy deal. Congrats to whoever purchased!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

a for sale thread is not a place to wander in and give a negative review of a game.

Unless it’s a RZ (just kidding RZ owners).

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

"It’s just not a fun game period."
"Others (or the 5 cheerleaders for this game) can love it no issues but the calling people wrong for not understanding this game just seems wrong. "
"it was not Fun and my family did not enjoy it."
These are all comments that basically state it sucks. We get it, you've stated this opinion in the past. But to do it in a For Sale ad is just bad tact. Would you like it in your own ad if people came in and basically said the game sucks and only 5 people love it? Should have just kept quiet and that's why I'm calling you out on it. How are you being helpful here? Only harmful.

Thats fair and I do apologize if my opinion was considered harmful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-houdini-40?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.