Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Someone got a crazy deal. Congrats to whoever purchased!

I put the deposit on it. Getting it sunday.

Quoted from rai:

Unless it’s a RZ (just kidding RZ owners).

Funny story, paid 4400 for my first RZ because people say it sucks. Bought it having never seen one, love it. So much so I upgraded to an LE (ended up not costing me squat out of pocket). Buying this having never seen one. Thing is I have had friends telling me for months how good this game is. They do warn it is difficult, but given the hate for RZ my opinion is starting to become that pinheads hate hard games. They say they want them, and then they come out and the hate train begins. Given time the hate tends to simmer. Iron Man is a good example of this, avatar to a lesser excent (theme being the problem). TZ is the classic example as it was not loved right out of the gate.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They do warn it is difficult, but given the hate for RZ my opinion is starting to become that pinheads hate hard games.

This is spot on.

I would change that to “collectors hate hard games”

If the ball doesn’t return to the flipper every time for an easy shot - they don’t like it.

If RZ gets some crazy pop action going and flies SDTM, they don’t like it. “It’s a bad game”

If they can’t hit the narrow shots on Houdini, it’s the games fault.

Can’t get to the end of X-Men - “shitty game with shitty voices”

Lol

I worked this out a lonnnnnng time ago.

rd

#53 5 years ago

I find that Houdini is not a very "backhandable" game. Backhanded shots are almost impossible from the right side. Backhanding the key lane and backstage shots are hard to make cleanly (rattle around in the lane). I find that left flipper to right side shots and right to left is not that difficult to make.

I really think part of the problem is that the shots are not traditional Stern fare and this feels odd to people that are used to a certain feel and flow.

#54 5 years ago

Any interest in a trade for Aerosmith Premium plus cash?

#55 5 years ago

One very nice backhand shot in this game from the right flipper is a bank off the C standup straight into the stage. That debunks two of the observations listed above.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

One very nice backhand shot in this game from the right flipper is a bank off the C standup straight into the stage. That debunks two of the observations listed above.

The inner loop (catapult) is also backhandable - but you do need to be precise. Takes a bit of practice but you can make it consistently.

#57 5 years ago

Houdini is hard. It's also a great game.

Congrats to the buyer!

#58 5 years ago

This buyer got a STEAL! Great game....very different; which is why it’s so great!

#59 5 years ago

There's a NIB for sale on a Facebook group for $6,000.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The inner loop (catapult) is also backhandable - but you do need to be precise. Takes a bit of practice but you can make it consistently.

I've never been able to do that on my Houdini. Luckily, I can hit the lock shot from the left flipper fairly often.

#61 5 years ago

I've still got one for sale like new for $5500 with shaker motor and side art blades installed

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74875!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

You're missing my point. I was speculating that the reason people think it doesn't shoot well is that the ball rattles in the lanes if you try to backhand shots and they are much less satisfying when someone new to the game is used to only playing Sterns. It shoots and feels differently than most other games on the market.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would change that to “collectors hate hard games”

This exactly. I find most "A" games are very simple. Like Monster Bash. Fun game but I really doubt it would last for very long at my house...

I REALLY like this game. I did not find the geometry bad or the shots clunky. If I had not just bought a new car I probably would have been finding a way to buy this.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-houdini-40/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.