Hot Tip9.jpg
Hot Tip8.jpg
Hot Tip6.jpg
Hot Tip5.jpg
Hot Tip4.jpg
Hot Tip3.jpg
Hot Tip2.jpg
Hot Tip1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Hot Tip EM

Added: 2020-10-26 16:05:31 UTC • Ended: November 12th, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 899 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for sale is a rare Williams Hot Tip EM, one of the very best EM's ever produced by this company. This is not the typical SS, but rather the hard-to-find EM version. This was also the very last four-player Williams mechanical pinball ever produced, with a production run of only 1,300. The unique playfield is very much like that of just a solid-state, consisting of six drop targets, spinner, kick-out saucers and even a captive-messenger ball.

What makes the EM version a much better game in my opinion are the rules, which greatly differ from the SS. The EM version is based more on feature points than bonus points... Example; Spinner is worth 1,000 points when lit on the EM instead of just 100 points on the SS. Messenger ball is worth 30,000 points when lit instead of just 3,000 points on the SS. This makes the spinner a much more satisfying shot when lit on the EM. Also, the drop targets are very complex in the way they progress throughout the ball-in-play; first time completed lights spinner, second time lights extra ball feature and drops are worth 1000 points, third time lights drops for 10,000 points each and lights specials! That's a lot of info for an EM to keep track of and what makes this such a great game.

This machine has been completely gone through; each relay cleaned and adjusted, the playfield has been shopped with all new rubber rings and lamps. All the red posts were removed and cleaned and new flippers were added with green flipper rings, (which goes great with the playfield colors). Playfield is nice, but does have the common insert wear and typical Williams light flaking on the backglass. (The backglass looks nice for what it is. It's all original, no touchups, and has not been sealed.) Each score reel has been carefully cleaned with novus plastic cleaner and they look very nice.

I prefer not to ship, but willing to drive the game for a fee. I will ship if you provide the shipping pickup.

Item photos

Hot Tip1.jpg
Hot Tip2.jpg
Hot Tip3.jpg
Hot Tip4.jpg
Hot Tip5.jpg
Hot Tip6.jpg
Hot Tip8.jpg
Hot Tip9.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Classics_Master's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Classics_Master's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Jackson, KY, US

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I don't think the spinner builds bonus on the EM, which IMO is better than the SS.

That’s correct, the spinner does not build bonus on the EM. However, it does have the rollover switch, that I thought did nothing, but is actually a roll-tilt? It’s for if the ball gate is open at top and the first thing hit is that rollover it doesn’t score during the game? I looked it up on the ipdb, it was only used on a few Williams games.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just dropped by to say this is my favorite EM by far! Great fun to be had with this one!

I actually like Hot Tip better than Grand Prix, Aztec and Space Mission. It may very well be the best Williams EM with 3” flippers. I really like Williams Heat Wave for a 2” flipper game.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Great game here,I have one and let me say it is a shooter.Looks to be in xcellent shape.GLWS

The more you play Hot Tip EM the more you like it! The spinner is just far enough over that it takes good aim to hit. (I end up hitting the post just to the right of the spinner A LOT). Unlike Grand Prix, where the spinners are almost too easy. The captive ball is also very challenging. Just a great overall design here, may be the very best late model Williams EM.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The rules are basically the same, it's just everything is divided by 10 on the SS version for some reason.

Does the SS go up 5x bonus? I assumed everything was divided by 10 because of the typical huge bonuses, as Bally games did at the time.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just dropped by to say this is my favorite EM by far! Great fun to be had with this one!

The best Williams 3” flipper EM in my opinion, game has so many great features, and challenging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hot-tip-em-4?tu=Classics_Master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.