IMG_5714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpg
IMG_5711 (resized).jpg
IMG_5710 (resized).jpg
IMG_5709 (resized).jpg
IMG_5708 (resized).jpg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Horsefeathers

Featured Ad

Added: 2022-07-27 21:16:56 UTC • Ended: August 4th, 2022
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 16,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

I am selling my 1952 Williams Horsefeathers. This game is better than new. It was done by a very high end restoration company that took over 1.5 years to finish for me. As far as I know, there are only two left in existence anywhere in the world. I believe the other one is owned by David Copperfield, but I may be misinformed. It is a two player game and requires dimes to play. It is certainly the ultimate "dollar game." The goal is to get your horses across the finish line ahead of your opponent. One player has horses 2, 4 and 6 while the other is 1, 3 and 5. Hitting the bumpers and other items advance your horses. There are shots where you can increase your speed and decrease the speed of your opponent. No detail was missed as almost everything you see was recreated.

I am not interested in trades as I am selling this because I am moving and downsizing my collection.

Please contact me with any questions. I am happy to provide as many photos as you require.

This is in a walkout basement, but will require 3 people to move. It is heavy and bulky. I can help if you come and pick it up, but please bring friends.

As always, I prefer cash on the glass, but I realize this game has a very limited audience. Shipping can be done, but will require the company to know it is a bulky 300 pounds with 5 steps up out of the basement and around to the front yard.

This game is not just a work of art, it is a piece of pinball history. Again thank you for looking.

Item photos

IMG_5720 (resized).jpg
IMG_5706 (resized).jpg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpg
IMG_5708 (resized).jpg
IMG_5709 (resized).jpg
IMG_5710 (resized).jpg
IMG_5711 (resized).jpg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpg
IMG_5714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5715 (resized).jpg
IMG_5716 (resized).jpg
IMG_5717 (resized).jpg
IMG_5718 (resized).jpg
IMG_5719 (resized).jpg
IMG_5721 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are BackFlipper's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to BackFlipper's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Sugar Grove, IL, US

#2 1 year ago

well that's pretty cool

#3 1 year ago

i love that rule sheet

"hoss"

#4 1 year ago

Nice videos on YouTube to see it in action.

#5 1 year ago

Wow!
As in this is awesome.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Nice videos on YouTube to see it in action.

#7 1 year ago

Yes, that is my game in the video above.

#8 1 year ago

Very cool game

#10 1 year ago

That video was great!

I'd love to have the chance to play this game wherever it ends up.

Best of luck with your sale.

hoss (resized).jpghoss (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago

Wow. It couldn't have been an easy choice to part with this game. Incredible game. GLWS

#13 1 year ago

Willbuuuurrr-rrr
Really cool horses/rider artwork ... is that exactly how they looked on the original 1952 release?

#14 1 year ago

Beautiful game, thanx for posting.

#15 1 year ago

Rich for my blood but what a cool and rare game! GLWS

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Willbuuuurrr-rrr
Really cool horses/rider artwork ... is that exactly how they looked on the original 1952 release?

Yes, It is exact.
Jim

#17 1 year ago

GLWS…wish I had the funds. It looks amazing!!

#18 1 year ago

Very cool

#19 1 year ago

Okay, I would consider a trade for a modern Stern plus cash. Somebody had asked so I thought I would put it out there. Thanks for all the kind words.

#20 1 year ago

Reducing price to $16.5K. Moving in 10 days and motivated. Let me know.

#21 1 year ago

GLWS and move Jim!

Thanks for sharing as it's an awesome looking machine most just don't get to see.

#22 1 year ago

My lord, that is friggin cool.

#23 1 year ago

Moving? Are you staying in the area?
The game looks pretty rad, good luck with your sale.

#24 1 year ago

That is pretty awesome.

#25 1 year ago

Hard to put a price on a game this this

#26 1 year ago

I dug through some of my old pictures and found the one of a Horsefeathers someone brought to expo in the early ‘90’s. IIRC, it played well and we played a bunch of games on it. Very cool game.

6939A9ED-2BF4-4828-8111-5C1AD641E420 (resized).jpeg6939A9ED-2BF4-4828-8111-5C1AD641E420 (resized).jpeg
#27 1 year ago

Looks incredible and I’d imagine it would take center stage in any game room .Glwts and I hope it stays in the area .

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Moving? Are you staying in the area?
The game looks pretty rad, good luck with your sale.

7 minutes away. Time to downsize a bit. I don't think there's a way to get it in the new basement, and my wife said no to the dining room. If it does not sell, I will have to figure something out. Open to any kind of crazy offer.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

I dug through some of my old pictures and found the one of a Horsefeathers someone brought to expo in the early ‘90’s. IIRC, it played well and we played a bunch of games on it. Very cool game.[quoted image]

That version had 4 bumpers instead of 3 and did not have the outside lanes that my version has. I honestly have never even seen one other photograph of the version like mine. It might be the sole survivor. Thanks again for the kind feedback.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Open to any kind of crazy offer.

Well I did win my $2 back in the recent Megamillions drawing. How about that ?

Just messing with you bump. Great looking game. Best wishes with the sale and hope it gets a good home !

LTG : )

#31 1 year ago

Funny! I just noticed how low res the photos I posted here are, but I still found a home for it where I know 100% that the owner is going to appreciate this piece of pinball history. I will definitely send some high res photos to the future owner. Sale Pending. Thanks for looking and inquiring to everyone who contacted me about this.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Funny! I just noticed how low res the photos I posted here are, but I still found a home for it where I know 100% that the owner is going to appreciate this piece of pinball history. I will definitely send some high res photos to the future owner. Sale Pending. Thanks for looking and inquiring to everyone who contacted me about this.

Very Nice. Congratulations to new Owner.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-horsefeathers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.