Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gpdxrfzzsravbig.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-17_at_12.23.34_PM.png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 8,000

for sale

Hobbit 2 Spots For Sale, 1 Smaug Se & 1 Le

Added: July 15th, 2015 Ended: July 18th, 2015

Item description

I have 2 customers that need to sell there spots for Hobbit Games. One is moving and the other for personal reasons.

One is a Smaug SE for $8000.00 SOLD SOLD
One is a Le version for $8000.00
These games were ordered day one of the Hobbit being announced!
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP DIst
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING

Best to pm me
or call 219-924-PINS (7467)

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Griffith, IN, US

Seller insights

These are Jamaster10's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jamaster10's stats page

#2 3 years ago

When was the day one announcement?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

For saleI have 2 customers that need to sell there spots for Hobbit Games. One is moving and the other for personal reasons.One is a Smaug SE for $8000.00One is a Le version for $8000.00 These games were ordered day one of the Hobbit being announced!PincadesChicagoland JJP DIstBest to pm meor call 219-924-PINS (7467)

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22412
Added to the marketplace: July 15th, 2015
Price:
$ 8,000

Located in: Griffith, IN, USA

Hmmm, day one they were $7500.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm, day one they were $7500.

Should they get nothing for their investment to date? I see nothing wrong with asking a $500 premium. Still a good deal for someone IMO. The buyer will surely get their game way before me as I ordered some weeks after announcement. Order one direct today will cost you $500 more and you go to the back of the line.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Should they get nothing for their investment to date? I see nothing wrong with asking a $500 premium. Still a good deal for someone IMO. The buyer will surely get their game way before me as I ordered some weeks after announcement. Order one direct today will cost you $500 more and you go to the back of the line.

If you want returns like that, invest in something other than pinball futures. Because that's not a thing. If people are trying to sell spots they don't want or can't afford they shouldn't be charging extra for the privilege of taking on their unwanted obligations.

Also, how is being first in line a good thing? Did that work out for WOZ buyers?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

You're still buying into an uncertain situation. At this late stage of the game, it's easy to wait if it's just to save $500.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Should they get nothing for their investment to date? I see nothing wrong with asking a $500 premium. Still a good deal for someone IMO

I agree, they "should" get something. However, given the fact that there may well be some solvency issues for JJP at this point, there is much more serious risk here for a buyer and anyone taking over this pre-order should be made aware of that risk. Because there is an unknown risk (that seems logically might be significant) the folks selling might just be happy to get their money back?

#8 3 years ago

JJP delivered on WoZ, they appear to be delivering on TH, late, yes but I see no indication there are solvency issues, only wild speculation by people that don't know anything about JJP finance. It's understandable some are nervous given the many missteps and money lost to JJPs peers attempting to do what JJP has already done. JJP has a proven record and infrastructure in place to execute. I have no doubt I will receive my Hobbit (don't ask me when though) At 8K they will sell no doubt.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

If you want returns like that, invest in something other than pinball futures. Because that's not a thing. If people are trying to sell spots they don't want or can't afford they shouldn't be charging extra for the privilege of taking on their unwanted obligations.
Also, how is being first in line a good thing? Did that work out for WOZ buyers?

Don't you think you are being presumptuous to tell people what they should or shouldn't do with their property/rights? If someone was forcing you to take the deal I could see where you might have a beef but what do you care what someone asks? People can ask whatever they want for their assets/rights. This is still America right?

You do, however, have a valid point on being first in line. Early adopters of WoZ had more than their fair share of issues until JJP finally got a handle on the bugs. My WoZ LEDs gave me fits but in the end, all issues were ironed out thanks to the persistence of the JJP team. Mistakes that plagued WoZ were heeded and addressed in TH but that's not to say there will be no new problems, I'm sure there will be.

Anyway, I say GLWTS. If I didn't have an order already I would be seriously considering one of these.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Actually, they should be paid market price. If that commands a premium then so be it. Selling a spot in line is no different than selling a concert or sporting event ticket...you get market value at time of sale!!!

#11 3 years ago

Yes these are 8500 and 9k.now. the new buyer is getting a discount plus Smaug LE can not be placed now. They are building exactly what was sold and no more of that LE version.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes these are 8500 and 9k.now. the new buyer is getting a discount plus Smaug LE can not be placed now. They are building exactly what was sold and no more of that LE version.

Exactly!!!

And we have the typical @#%!%!@%@ on peoples thread LOL

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Actually, they should be paid market price. If that commands a premium then so be it. Selling a spot in line is no different than selling a concert or sporting event ticket...you get market value at time of sale!!!

So, what you're saying is that we should treat pinball pre-orders like scalpers do tickets? At least people buying event tickets outside the door have a reasonable expectation of when they'll get to see the show.

I strongly disagree with that mentality, and think it's unhealthy for the hobby. No one is owed anything or should expect any favors when they need to free up cash or get tired of waiting. I'll keep my thoughts out of for sale threads though.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes these are 8500 and 9k.now

You should probably buy them both and quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The OP is a business. I would think he is the one making the $500, not the original customers/sellers. This is reasonable since he's doing the work of trying to resell the games.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

So, what you're saying is that we should treat pinball pre-orders like scalpers do tickets? At least people buying event tickets outside the door have a reasonable expectation of when they'll get to see the show.
I strongly disagree with that mentality, and think it's unhealthy for the hobby. No one is owed anything or should expect any favors when they need to free up cash or get tired of waiting. I'll keep my thoughts out of for sale threads though.

Jeez it's real simple. The motivation for the seller is absolutely irrelevant. They have something worth something to sell. They can ask WHATEVER THEY WANT!! If you don't think the value is there, don't buy. I do acknowledge that pin prices are too high and that is bad for the hobby from my viewpoint but the market is what it is. As long as people keep coughing up 8 and 9K for NIB pins, sadly many will be priced out. I voted with my wallet. I told Jack directly that at his current pricing TH will be my last NIB JJP pin.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You should probably buy them both and quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doughslinger sells a LOT of JJP pins, I'm guessing this is an average deal for him at best.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

The OP is a business. I would think he is the one making the $500, not the original customers/sellers. This is reasonable since he's doing the work of trying to resell the games.

You are correct. These belong to the reseller and his offer is a very generous one offering up front of the line Hobbits at a $500 discount from the current pricing. Even a SE that can't be ordered at an even greater discount. I think those were $9k when you could order them. GLWTS but he won't need it.

#19 3 years ago

So many babies on here with opinions that are worthless. This is a good deal. And yes nothing wrong with making $500 on something when it would cost more to get to the end of the line. Some of you just can't stand anyone making a profit. Buyer will be happy. Seller will be happy. Only unhappy people are the same people who bitch all the time and have no skin in the game. Your negative is getting so old. You know who you are.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

What I am saying is a good or service is worth market price. Anywhere on the silly globe callled Earth...whatever market will pay, it will pay. Like water it is self leveling/correcting. Can you not grasp that concept? What I or you or Tom and Mary say matters not.

"Unhealthy for the hobby"? Are you kiding me? What someone asks for an item and what someone else may pay is their business. If you are going to be bothered and place blame on them for their transaction, then we will never see eye to eye and should stop talking. We are wasting time.

Good day.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You're still buying into an uncertain situation. At this late stage of the game, it's easy to wait if it's just to save $500.

Actually, this is a less risky option. Why?

Because if you paid TODAY via credit card, you may have protection that extends far enough into the future to cover a potential problem....

#22 3 years ago

Can we all stop with the JJP is going out of biz crap. This isn't jpop or skit b. They are gonna sell a ton of hobbits.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Most likely he's double dipping. He probably sold them the games in the first place. Now he's selling their spots and making another $500. JJP shouldn't allow this from a distributor.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I agree, they "should" get something. However, given the fact that there may well be some solvency issues for JJP at this point, there is much more serious risk here for a buyer and anyone taking over this pre-order should be made aware of that risk. Because there is an unknown risk (that seems logically might be significant) the folks selling might just be happy to get their money back?

Solvency?

Are you sure that is what you meant?

LOL, how so?

Koz

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Most likely he's double dipping. He probably sold them the games in the first place. Now he's selling their spots and making another $500. JJP shouldn't allow this from a distributor.

Wrong, he bought them as a distributor, "sold" them but his buyers are wanting out for whatever reason. He is trying to accommodate his customers with a refund and can do whatever he wants to do with them, including reselling them AT A DISCOUNT TO THE CURRENT PRICING. Oh my god, what is the problem? For all we know he's passing the additional profit to the original buyers, maybe not. Either way it noneya! So I say GLWTS and.. good day as well.

#26 3 years ago

Oy...quit the flak.

It's a for sale ad. Either buy it or don't. This isn't a debate over ethics or solvency or anything.

Enough already.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

Solvency?
Are you sure that is what you meant?
LOL, how so?
Koz

Well Koz, there was much talk just a few months ago about certain vendors (plural) not getting paid a "LOT" of money owed to them. There was also chatter that there was more than just the one major lawsuit against Jack. And lastly, considering JJP already had to seek outside financing once (18 months ago?), combined with the numerous and repeated delays, combined with the product issues (light board issues, bad parts such as the TH backglass's, etc), combined with large ongoing overhead costs, common sense would dictate that JJP is likely deep in the red.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Oy...quit the flak.
It's a for sale ad. Either buy it or don't. This isn't a debate over ethics or solvency or anything.
Enough already.

It's not a debate, agreed. But there is definitely some level of a risk factor involved here and to pretend the elephant in the room isn't there is silly.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Because if you paid TODAY via credit card, you may have protection that extends far enough into the future to cover a potential problem....

How far into the future is the protection needed?

#29 3 years ago

Is there any delivery date given at this point?

#30 3 years ago

Its relevant and useful info, imagine someone new to pinside or the hobby in general with zero knowledge of whats going on with JJP buys this and ends up waiting a year+ to get the game. Id be pissed......

Why try to suppress this info/knowledge?

Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 12.23.34 PM.png

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

And lastly, considering JJP already had to seek outside financing once (18 months ago?),

And you don't even want to know how that went once the group of investors saw how things were being done.

#32 3 years ago

Oh do tell us Bryan instead of trolling...... Was your cabinet buddy one of the investors?

#33 3 years ago

Don't worry Flank - the JJP trolls do a fine job crapping on virtually every JJP thread

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Oh do tell us Bryan instead of trolling...... Was your cabinet buddy one of the investors?

No, he was not.

#35 3 years ago

BTW, best of luck with the sale, Jesse. I see nothing wrong with asking $500 more to be one of the first to get the game. I know some that would pay more than that.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Oy...quit the flak.
Enough already.

This is not a for sale ad. It's a forum discussion about a game for sale.

The "for sale" ad is in Marketplace, where games for sale are posted to avoid discussion.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its relevant and useful info, imagine someone new to pinside or the hobby in general with zero knowledge of whats going on with JJP buys this and ends up waiting a year+ to get the game. Id be pissed......
Why try to suppress this info/knowledge?
Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 12.23.34 PM.png

Couldn't possibly agree more.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Only unhappy people are the same people who bitch all the time and have no skin in the game. Your negative is getting so old. You know who you are.

Are you buying this pin?

If not, you "have no skin in the game" and your comments are no less of a "bitch" than those you are supposedly complaining about.

#39 3 years ago

"This post was moderated for Ignoring Pinside staff requests 6 hours ago. A thread eject was issued. “You have ignored moderator requests to keep this on topic as a for sale thread. Perm ejection for ignoring staff request and continuing to press the off topic issue.”

How was his post off topic? We are discussing the sale of a pinball machine that doesn't even exist yet. Discussing potential issues with the building of the non-existent pin that is for sale seems to be a valid area of discussion as it puts potential buyers on notice of the potential risks.

#41 3 years ago

Jesse is a great guy to buy pins from. GLWTS! If these were already shipping, I'd be very tempted.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

"This post was moderated for Ignoring Pinside staff requests 6 hours ago. A thread eject was issued. “You have ignored moderator requests to keep this on topic as a for sale thread. Perm ejection for ignoring staff request and continuing to press the off topic issue.”
How was his post off topic? We are discussing the sale of a pinball machine that doesn't even exist yet. Discussing potential issues with the building of the non-existent pin that is for sale seems to be a valid area of discussion as it puts potential buyers on notice of the potential risks.

We're going to have to storm the castle soon....

gpdxrfzzsravbig.jpg

#43 3 years ago

Oh man. I feel for these sellers. Hopefully they can find takers for their spots. I sold my spot about a year ago fairly quickly, but we're 7 months past the 3rd film now and anticipation is waning. May be a tough sell until these start shipping.

#44 3 years ago

Ah, yes, one of the many pitfalls of preordering pinball machines/vaporware. Caveat emptor.

#45 3 years ago

I've changed my mind on this. There's a reason every hobbit thread turns into a cluster and I shouldn't be calling anyone a troll. People are right. We blindly followed other companies and people lost a lot. When jack took forever to get Woz out everyone said it wouldn't happen with game 2. It's worse now. Thread ejecting people for delivering information pertinent to this sale is going too far. I feel for everyone here. I hope it comes out but I wouldn't tie up my money with this guy. Whatever he's doing isn't working and people need to stop supporting them. If nobody pre paid he'd be forced to make the damn thing with his Woz money. If that's not possible then this company needs investors. They got some and still can't manage to get games shipped.

#46 3 years ago

SE Hobbit is SOLD

I Have 2 LE'S Left

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside