Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
car (resized).jpg
20170323_122416 (resized).jpg
20170622_170408 (resized).jpg
20170622_170416 (resized).jpg
20170622_170425 (resized).jpg
20170622_170430 (resized).jpg
20170622_170433 (resized).jpg
20170622_170443 (resized).jpg
20170622_170523 (resized).jpg
20170622_170602 (resized).jpg
20170622_170609 (resized).jpg
20170622_170623 (resized).jpg
20170622_170630 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 600 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: High Speed

Added: June 23rd, 2017 Ended: July 19th, 2017
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Item description

Will need either a new Mpu or current one repaired. Appears to have acid damage. All other boards look good and clean. Will also need other odds and ends parts for under playfield. Good amateur restorer could make this machine a nice players machine.

Item photos

20170622_170630 (resized).jpg
20170622_170623 (resized).jpg
20170622_170609 (resized).jpg
20170622_170602 (resized).jpg
20170622_170523 (resized).jpg
20170622_170443 (resized).jpg
20170622_170433 (resized).jpg
20170622_170430 (resized).jpg
20170622_170425 (resized).jpg
20170622_170416 (resized).jpg
20170622_170408 (resized).jpg
20170323_122416 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Reading, PA, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Seller insights

These are Jmak230's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jmak230's stats page

#2 2 years ago

I'm rarely rendered speechless...

#3 2 years ago

Whoa.

Odds and ends. I love it!

#4 2 years ago

Yikes, that playfield has seen better days.

I haven't really found anything that can address flaking playfield paint unless you scrape off the flaking bits, seal the rest, then repaint. Mylar and decals might work too, as a cheaper option.

There's also an overlay floating around, but I think I remember reading that it was misaligned in some way.

#5 2 years ago

I'll trade this for it, even up! Will also need other odds and ends parts for under the hood. Good amateur restorer could make this machine a nice drivers machine!

car (resized).jpg

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'll trade this for it, even up! Will also need other odds and ends parts for under the hood. Good amateur restorer could make this machine a nice drivers machine!

That was awesome. hahahahahaha

Jmak230 - Let me get it for 200. That back glass has a huge chunk of paint missing man. This is a project game.

#7 2 years ago

These days that is not a bad price for a project system 11 machine.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

These days that is not a bad price for a project system 11 machine.

For THIS ONE it is!! I dont know a single person who would even waste the gas to pick up this POS if he was local and giving it away for FREE!

#9 2 years ago

Is the backbox bolted to the side rails?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

For THIS ONE it is!! I dont know a single person who would even waste the gas to pick up this POS if he was local and giving it away for FREE!

Aw, c'mon. I'd nab it for free :p

Although, this is certainly not a project for a beginner.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aw, c'mon. I'd nab it for free :p
Although, this is certainly not a project for a beginner.

I promise you, as soon as you put eyes on it, you'd bolt! It's not a project at all, its junk! There's maybe $40 worth of salvageable parts on this pig... Its flood damaged! The seller has this game on his wishlist, if it was restoreable, he wouldn't be trying to dump it! Pun intended, because that's where it will eventually (and should) end up... in the dump.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I promise you, as soon as you put eyes on it, you'd bolt! It's not a project at all, its junk! There's maybe $40 worth of salvageable parts on this pig... Its flood damaged! The seller has this game on his wishlist, if it was restoreable, he wouldn't be trying to dump it! Pun intended, because that's where it will eventually (and should) end up... in the dump.

Getting pretty worked up over a $600 project machine, you have posted 4 times already and basically said this person has no reason to try to sell or give away this machine. Do you know something about the seller or the machine that we don't? I have seen a lot more outrageous for sale ads that maybe you can jump into that are more deserving...

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its flood damaged!

Yeah, it's certainly seen some water. I can see the plywood separating. Although, I have been somewhat successful with steaming and gluing plywood that is coming apart like that, so maybe a determined restorer can take it on. Pinball Pimp has stencils available, so you could potentially redo the cabinet if the rest of the damage isn't too bad.

Getting pretty worked up over a $600 project machine, you have posted 4 times already and basically said this person has no reason to try to sell or give away this machine. Do you know something about the seller or the machine that we don't? I have seen a lot more outrageous for sale ads that maybe you can jump into that are more deserving...

Yeah, I'm sure the seller will figure out that it's not priced correctly once it lingers for a while. No need to get too worked up over it.

Considering that the cabinet, playfield, boards, and backglass all have issues, it's a game I would probably consider parting, and I'm usually a cheerleader for saving and restoring games.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is the backbox bolted to the side rails?

Good eye. I didn't even see that. Yikes

#15 2 years ago

If this were local I would give $200 for it. After I built a new cab and installed a playfield overlay, sourced or printed backglass or trans and put in plenty of elbow grease it would look pretty presentable with not a whole lotta cash.
But thats just me, I love the challenge and I like restoring more than playing.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, it's certainly seen some water. I can see the plywood separating. Although, I have been somewhat successful with steaming and gluing plywood that is coming apart like that, so maybe a determined restorer can take it on.
...it's a game I would probably consider parting, and I'm usually a cheerleader for saving and restoring games.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

If this were local I would give $200 for it. After I built a new cab and installed a playfield overlay, sourced or printed backglass or trans and put in plenty of elbow grease it would look pretty presentable with not a whole lotta cash.
But thats just me, I love the challenge and I like restoring more than playing.

Although I agree that the seller should have given more details about the machine and its condition at least they posted pictures so someone could make comments like the ones above that are more constructive and useful to the posting rather than the following below... This is what makes people scared to post anything on this site.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I promise you, as soon as you put eyes on it, you'd bolt! It's not a project at all, its junk! There's maybe $40 worth of salvageable parts on this pig... that's where it will eventually (and should) end up... in the dump.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, it's certainly seen some water. I can see the plywood separating. Although, I have been somewhat successful with steaming and gluing plywood that is coming apart like that, so maybe a determined restorer can take it on. Pinball Pimp has stencils available, so you could potentially redo the cabinet if the rest of the damage isn't too bad.

Yeah, I'm sure the seller will figure out that it's not priced correctly once it lingers for a while. No need to get too worked up over it.
Considering that the cabinet, playfield, boards, and backglass all have issues, it's a game I would probably consider parting, and I'm usually a cheerleader for saving and restoring games.

Its been underwater at least to the top of the coin door, and there are no pics of the inside of the cab, do you really think anything electric/electronic inside that cab is good? And i'm not worked up at all, but I do feel compelled to warn poor uninformed newbies looking to get into the hobby, so they dont get jacked by someone like this, that has epically failed to disclose the true junk condition of this machine, not to mention the totally misrepresenting statement "Good amateur restorer could make this machine a nice players machine." especially for such an outrageous FIRM price.
I'd bet that this guy got screwed buying this turd for $600, and is looking for another poor sucker to dump it on, and get his money back.

#18 2 years ago

This is what makes people scared to post anything on this site.

Nonsense, and I can only hope that these posts make guys like THIS scared to post crap like this! You can keep defending him if you want, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else that thinks people like this are an ASSET to Pinside!
Did you happen to notice his post count in 4 years? Not what I call a very outstanding Pinside contributor!

#19 2 years ago

Just sold a 100% working one for 700.... Seems high

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Have to be high to buy it at that price.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You rock dude! Are you sure it wasnt this one, and numbnutz thought he was buying a boat?? lmao

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thanks again for that! Still loving it! It definitely wasn't this one.

#23 2 years ago

One thing someone else brought up elsewhere--if this was hit by septic water, it would be a health hazard. Of course, there's no way to tell what kind of water it was hit by, but just something to be aware of any time you're looking at a pin with water damage.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside