4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PiNDoCToR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: High Speed

Added: 2020-02-01 21:09:47 UTC • Ended: February 2nd, 2020
Condition: As is

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 1,200

Looking for a project? This is it! A classic title and a lovely restoration candidate. If you want plug and play, this ain't it. I'm too lazy to fix anything wrong with the game, but my decades of pinball experience give me a keen eye to clue YOU in on exactly how deep into this game you "could" get. Of course, do the minimal and it will still be a fun game until you move on to the next fanzy bauble.

Let's start the description with the outside. A lovely pinball patina for certain. I've seen better and I've seen worse. She's structurally sound with some blems, the worst offender being the front of the game. Must have been drilled at some point, but someone used possibly a fry-cook spatula to apply the Bondo or Crisco or whatever else you can fill a hole with that ends in the letter "O". I assume they thought that instead of sanding it smooth, you should just paint it black and maybe that would make it look "smoothish"? Anyways if you like to play pinball nude or wearing short-shorts or a mini-skirt and you get an itch on one of your thighs, there's probably enough texture there to alleviate your prickle on your fancy new coin-op scratch post. The legs? Any alchemist or metallurgist can get rust off for certain, unless again, you like that more "original" (modern word "industrial") look.
These legs look as industrial as it gets kiddo!

The backglass? The star of the show! Save a few rub marks, it's super sweet. None of the typical delamination or peeling. She's even solid down at the lift trim, where most of us frankly will show at least SOME wear.

The playfield? Not a lot of wear. Looks decent in the pics. She has mylar though. If you can read Braille, you're in luck! Stevie Wonder could read the tachometer for sure. Some of these inserts are a poppin daddy-o! Could you just clean it and play it as is and not worry about that sort of stuff? TOTES! The persons house it was in for the last 25 years didn't seem to mind it and I assure you it looked just like that 25 years ago when they put it in their house as no one "restored" games back then. A lot of people don't restore them now either. They just think they do. I never thought of myself as a restorer. I'm more of a game "detailer" myself. Moving on... a few chipped plastics, mismatched bumper cap, the requisite "electrical tape" repair on the traffic signal that all High Speeds tend to have, you know how it goes.

The electronics? Oh momma. Ever seen the show "Green Acres"? Cause that's what you'll think of when you see the battery corrosion on the CPU board. She does boot up though! The battery holder is toast though and when you juice her up, the score displays are garbled and the outhole kicker keeps on a clickin' away. I guarantee you those problems are due to the battery corrosion on the CPU board.

Anyways, ideally I'd like to trade for one of my favorite pinball machines for my long-term keeper collection. We can make up differences in values with cash, frequent flyer miles, vape cartidges, yadda, yadda, whatevs as the kids say. My tastes are eclectic and I'm not kidding when I say that Street Fighter and Hollywood Heat are higher priority than an AFM on my list...

Jacks Open
Royal Flush
Count-Down
Alien Poker
Black Knight
Eight Ball
Eight Ball Champ
Hollywood Heat
Banzai Run
Funhouse
Title Fight
Cactus Jacks
Surf N Safari
Street Fighter
Cue Ball Wizard
Theatre of Magic

Or I could also use a RANE 72 or RANE 70 DJ mixer with a pair of RANE 12 controllers as I aspire to be a dope DJ just like the Skratch Bastid.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PiNDoCToR's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PiNDoCToR's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Phoenixville, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 31.93
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

$ 199.34
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 4 years ago

I'll post pics later when I muster the energy. I've got a night of pool-shootin ahead with mi amigo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-high-speed-51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.