(Topic ID: 308769)

For sale: HEP: Ultimate Golf Ball Frenzy (OCC)

By acitti

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

occpincrew (resized).jpg
ngg (resized).png
signed translite (resized).jpg
28 (resized).jpg
flyer (resized).jpg
27 (resized).jpg
26 (resized).jpg
23 (resized).jpg
22 (resized).jpg
21 (resized).jpg
20 (resized).jpg
19 (resized).jpg
18 (resized).jpg
16 (resized).jpg
14 (resized).jpg
15 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I think we built six but it could have been four. Not sure where all the info in the for sale ad came from but it’s inaccurate.
The previous run of games was done by Treasurecove. The next year they reached out to me and asked if I would do it.
I was hesitant because I have done high end car projects for the rich and famous previously and knew it was a thankless grind for the flavor of the month club. I am absolutely not financially driven.
Despite that HEP was pretty new and could use the exposure.
I really disliked the art and the lack of completeness of the “conversion “. It came with a lot of extra baggage like interviews and general hype that I despise.
We were all set to ship the game to the OCC location but we’re asked to hand deliver it and bring a dolly so we could present the game on air or whatever.
We drove I believe 14 hours one way checked into a hotel near the shop in the middle of the night in the freezing cold.
Needless to say we were excited nervous etc.
The next morning we go down to have some breakfast and the contact at EDS pulls me aside and tells me that they will be presenting the game on air not us.
I didn’t say a word but was pissed! It wasn’t that I even gave a shit about any of that hype or drama it was that they tricked us into bringing the game up and away from our work,homes and family for absolutely nothing.
They then made us sit in some production meeting for hours waiting to unload the thing.
Listening to these people batting ideas around was painful.
After it was over we unloaded it and were leaving.
They were like”You aren’t going to stick around for the presentation?”
I said “No!”
They said “Can you leave the dolly?”
I said “Yes!” And just added it to the bill!!!
Anyway I could probably write a book about a lot of things but that’s just a small portion of the history of the game.

I don't have a horse in the race, but this would definitely devalue the game for me! That's some bull right there! Thanks for sharing Chris. Goes to show that things can be more than they appear.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-ultimate-golf-ball-frenzy-occ?tu=FatPanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.