44E4CF36-85B7-4753-9884-513655B75EE6 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210713-162443_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
top (resized).jpg
kl (resized).jpg
hjk (resized).jpg
hhhh (resized).jpg
hj (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I applaud the OP for making this a forum post and hope he gets as much as he can. That is the pinball world we live in and it's not going to change for quite some time. People were clamoring over a HUO MandoLE listed at $11,400 saying how good of a deal it was yet are giving the OP shit over this.

but the key difference is that halloween isn't sold out, and easily obtainable through a distributor if you simply ask. this is like selling a big mac for $1 markup, standing outside a mcdonalds. i don't see what there is to applaude.

#52 2 years ago
greed (resized).jpggreed (resized).jpg
#53 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Thanks for all the attention guys.
But, Kinda sad you have no life, and only time to follow me around. I wish you all a better future.

You've heard of me and the reputation I've given myself, therefore you must have no life is such a bad cope. cringe

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You've heard of me and the reputation I've given myself, therefore you must have no life is such a bad cope. cringe

Heh. This is what I've come to refer to as "The Pinside Defense" in my head. It's just a mirror of the whole "I wasn't mad, why are you mad? You should probably see a therapist." type drivel. Absolutely nonsensical, but not (generally) troll-y enough to get moderated, so it gets used all the time when someone has to have the last word and remove themselves from a conversation without just straight up calling someone a <whatever>. It gets used so much around here, it's like standing in a canyon full of tourists sometimes.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Selling out your reputation for a couple of thousand dollars is sad. I have been in this hobby for 12 years and had 130 pins and I have never ever bought a pin at an inflated flipper price. I just do without that game until I find one at a fair price . If I don't find one at a fair price I just get a different title. I sell my games for a fair price usually a little under the market value. I recently sold a pin and the guy told me he really wanted the game and then he turned around and flipped it the next day for a nice profit. I get so much satisfaction selling a pin to someone that really wants the game or someone that's getting their first pin.

Who is selling out for a couple thousand? What are you talking about Jeff?
This ad is $500 over retail for a sold out game.

You asked 10,800 for your Elvira. Sold for a big profit.
But me asking $500 more for a sold out game is so much different I guess?
Somehow for you it is all about getting satisfaction selling a pin for zero profit?? What a load of bull Shit man! HA! DOUBLE HA!

Here is me selling my Elvira LE for a good price. Under $9000. You asked $10,800 and now calling me out?? HA!
Pretty sure I have bought/sold a game from you too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90121

#56 2 years ago

My TZ sold in less than an hour this morning for close to $13k.

You missed bashing me on that.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

It looked really nice! Did you sell it on Pinside?

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Who is selling out for a couple thousand? What are you talking about Jeff?
This ad is $500 over retail for a sold out game.
You asked 10,800 for your Elvira. Sold for a big profit.
But me asking $500 more for a sold out game is so much different I guess?
Somehow for you it is all about getting satisfaction selling a pin for zero profit?? What a load of bull Shit man! HA! DOUBLE HA!
Here is me selling my Elvira LE for a good price. Under $9000. You asked $10,800 and now calling me out?? HA!
Pretty sure I have bought/sold a game from you too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90121

From your ad-"I loose money on any pin I sell" Except HWN lol

#59 2 years ago

Yup. This is my first time selling a pin for profit.
Sold about 80 pins the past three years.

A whopping $500 more.

#60 2 years ago

Now I kinda want that Elvira... damn this hobby

#61 2 years ago

Just curious why you did a playfield swap on a HUO game? Looks good for that kind of money.

#62 2 years ago

First time…if you don’t count the Halloween CE…but we’re splitting hairs.

Really, everyone had/has fair shot at getting this game. I say let people build income streams off their hobbies and what they love to do. It’s ok for people to seize an opportunity. The market will determine if it’s viable as a small or large gig.

But I’ll also say there’s a way to do it while still being respectful to people and knowing that God, not you, is the center of the universe (and yes I’m talking about Scottys/turbos responses In other ads and forums).

#63 2 years ago

You're comparing selling your Spooky spot to someone selling a game they actually owned and played. You don't even have possession of this game, and you must have only purchased it for speculation purposes. So not quite the same as buying a NIB game, playing it for a few months and then selling it for market value.

Not saying that you're necessarily wrong for doing it, but there is certainly nothing noble or great going on here.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Just curious why you did a playfield swap on a HUO game? Looks good for that kind of money.

My TZ is 99%new and built a couple months ago. The wiring harness and two boards are not huo. Everything else is huo and new.

#65 2 years ago

You didn't answer the question as to why you swapped playfields from the original. I know the machine already sold, but it would be interesting to know.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Be careful what you wish for, everyone wanted pinball to become mainstream, now look at it full of scammers, flippers and hipsters

Scammers, Flippers and Hipsters Oh My! Scammers, Flippers and Hipsters Oh My!

Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

#67 2 years ago

I swapped everything just because. I do that all the time!

Did the same thing for IJ, BK2000, Taxi, STTNG, Funhouse, Earthshaker, and others.

I enjoy working on pins and restoring them. I sell to break even if I get bored with a pin.

I own a medical manufacturing business (CNC machine Titanium Implants)

Pinball would never come close to replacing a real job, and it is only a hobby for me.

One Halloween CE was going to be mine, and this Regular was going to my brother.

His wife said no, because of the theme. He has a 1yr old and a 6yr old kid.

I ended up ordering an Ultraman CE after thinking I would get sick of hearing the Halloween theme song over and over.

I like the art on Ultraman better, and the music.

20190924_174838 (resized).jpg20190924_174838 (resized).jpg
#68 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Congratulations, you're officially the biggest douchebag on this board.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Congratulations, you're officially the biggest douchebag on this board.

holy crap! and that's coming from Switzerland! now you officially know you did something wrong.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I swapped everything just because. I do that all the time!
Did the same thing for IJ, BK2000, Taxi, STTNG, Funhouse, Earthshaker, and others.
I enjoy working on pins and restoring them. I sell to break even if I get bored with a pin.
I own a medical manufacturing business (CNC machine Titanium Implants)
Pinball would never come close to replacing a real job, and it is only a hobby for me.
One Halloween CE was going to be mine, and this Regular was going to my brother.
I ended up ordering an Ultraman CE after thinking I would get sick of hearing the Halloween theme song over and over.
I like the art on Ultraman better, and the music. [quoted image]

Shoulda started with that. Makes complete sense. Now these guys will see it as a defense posture. You do you man.

Market is hot right now, so I can see most popular titles going nuclear. Fun reads on these fs threads I gotta admit.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:Only thing worse than paying a flipper who never intended to open the game from the moment the pre-ordered is to do so without knowing you could get one for retail. Sort of like the jokers who are advertising Jurassic Park toppers for $1500 or more when Stern is making another run as we speak and you can get them for $625...

I ordered a Halloween CE for myself, and a regular for One of my brothers. I decided the theme song was already getting annoying and the artwork is not the best. I ordered an Ultraman CE that I will keep instead.

My brother's wife doesn't want the Halloween in her house, mainly because of 2 young kids.
I don't have a history of flipping pins. There are no Halloweens left to buy, so you are wrong on both your assumptions.

Show me where a Halloween is for sale. Pinball Star is sold out. Same with others.

#72 2 years ago

Selling your soul for a measly $1500 bucks Karma is a bitch!! Your parents must be so proud... shameless I feel sorry for you.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Shoulda started with that. Makes complete sense. Now these guys will see it as a defense posture. You do you man.
Market is hot right now, so I can see most popular titles going nuclear. Fun reads on these fs threads I gotta admit.

I placed Two orders with Spooky.

First was a mistake.
Brother didn't want Halloween, and mentioned the annoying music. That got me thinking if I really wanted One or not.
I decided he was probably right and that I would get tired of the music, and the backglass art kinda looks bad to me.

I ordered an Ultraman CE later.

I also have on order an Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle in butter cabinet to match my TNA with a butter cabinet.
I love spooky. Had all the employees and Scott Danesi sign a spare playfield for me.

20201019_132027 (resized).jpg20201019_132027 (resized).jpg20201019_132031 (resized).jpg20201019_132031 (resized).jpg20201019_132037 (resized).jpg20201019_132037 (resized).jpg20201019_132039 (resized).jpg20201019_132039 (resized).jpg202468579_4360209247365116_7257663408288873735_n (resized).jpg202468579_4360209247365116_7257663408288873735_n (resized).jpg
#74 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Selling your soul for a measly $1500 bucks Karma is a bitch!! Your parents must be so proud... shameless I feel sorry for you.

HA!

Where do you get $1500 from?

$1000 of that was the deposit I paid to Spooky.
$500 is the amount over that and anyone is welcome to make an offer.

Didn't affect my ability to sell a TZ for close to $13k this morning.
I have no idea what you are going on about, and neither do you!

Apparently this ad has changed your life more than mine?
I'm 100% good man.

#75 2 years ago

So, you restore and sell pins for what you have into them. It doesn't look like you need the money...

Why not sell your spot for what you paid?

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So, you restore and sell pins for what you have into them. It doesn't look like you need the money...
Why not sell your spot for what you paid?

I don't need the money and would be ok to keep it. If you have an issue with my asking price then move along and don't buy it.

It's that simple!

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I ordered a Halloween CE for myself, and a regular for One of my brothers. I decided the theme song was already getting annoying and the artwork is not the best. I ordered an Ultraman CE that I will keep instead.
My brother's wife doesn't want the Halloween in her house, mainly because of 2 young kids.
I don't have a history of flipping pins. There are no Halloweens left to buy, so you are wrong on both your assumptions.
Show me where a Halloween is for sale. Pinball Star is sold out. Same with others.

i could show you, several people still got em.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i could show you, several people still got em.

Well, go ahead!

We're waiting....

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Look at my post From the Next Spooky Pin #8124 from 6 days ago. I didn't realize that my excuse to be used would be the 1st flipped machine!

"Mark my words. Flippers will use the following: My wife said the theme is not suitable for the family. Well duh. Of course it is not family friendly, it’s based on a horror film."

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Well, go ahead!
We're waiting....

nah, might still buy one this week. gotta protect me first.

#81 2 years ago

pfft.

They are sold out, and you don't know anywhere to buy One.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

pfft.
They are sold out, and you don't know anywhere to buy One.

$1000 wager?

#83 2 years ago

Several people eh? Bull SHIT!

You'd be lucky to find One spot.

Besides Spooky, I think only Four distributors exist.

They are sold out.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I placed Two orders with Spooky.
First was a mistake.
Brother didn't want Halloween, and mentioned the annoying music. That got me thinking if I really wanted One or not.
I decided he was probably right and that I would get tired of the music, and the backglass art kinda looks bad to me.
I ordered an Ultraman CE later.
I also have on order an Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle in butter cabinet to match my TNA with a butter cabinet.
I love spooky. Had all the employees and Scott Danesi sign a spare playfield for me. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You do a lot of weird dick waiving in your posts. Like out of the blue, unneccessary dick waiving.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You do a lot of weird dick waiving in your posts. Like out of the blue, unneccessary dick waiving.

Maybe that's what you are looking for and the reason you won't stop following me around?
I'm not really into dicks, but if you are then I guess nothing wrong with that?

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As opposed to the, you know, "necessary" dick waiving.

#87 2 years ago

This clown gets on Facebook and says he restores games better than. HEP. he got his panties in a bunch time when I asked him if it was a hep restore he said no I do better work

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

As opposed to the, you know, "necessary" dick waiving.

Hey man, its summer, and I gotta find a way to keep cool sometimes. Other times its just to make sure I don't get pee dribbles in my pants.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

This clown gets on Facebook and says he restores games better than. HEP. he got his panties in a bunch time when I asked him if it was a hep restore he said no I do better work

Nope, never said that in public or private.
I don't take on work from others either.
I dare you to find where I said that anywhere, to anyone.

Please use HEP. He does an excellent job from what I have heard.
I've never mentioned him ever, and never compared myself to him.

We are both from the same city. His dad owns a body shop a mile away from me.
I have never even seen a HEP restoration in person for me to even say that.

#90 2 years ago

This forum is generating lots of traffic! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with making a $500 profit on the game. Are they sold out, who knows? Maybe a few distributors have them but good luck hunting them down. Like practically every other release recently these games will soon flood Pinside Marketplace. turbo2nr just happens to be the first.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Nope, never said that in public or private.
I don't take on work from others either.
I dare you to find where I said that anywhere, to anyone.
Please use HEP. He does an excellent job from what I have heard.
I've never mentioned him ever, and never compared myself to him.
We are both from the same city. His dad owns a body shop a mile away from me.
I have never even seen a HEP restoration in person for me to even say that.

He's probably getting you mixed up with that other guy who actually did say that in the Indiana Jones thread. FWIW I've seen you offer some nice games at good prices a few times.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Yup. This is my first time selling a pin for profit.
Sold about 80 pins the past three years.
A whopping $500 more.

You lost money on a 13k TZ?

I'm not even sure what I can respond with that's not a rules violation...

Uh....*scratch head* Yeah, no. I got nothing. : |

Quoted from turbo2nr:

HA!

Where do you get $1500 from?

$1000 of that was the deposit I paid to Spooky.
$500 is the amount over that and anyone is welcome to make an offer.

Dude, you're so clueless on this that you don't even understand it's WORSE that you're doing it for 500 instead of 1500. You're not even making *good* money to look like a <insert whatever here>. At least Steve-O gets actual bank.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

He's probably getting you mixed up with that other guy who actually did say that in the Indiana Jones thread. FWIW I've seen you offer some nice games at good prices a few times.

I never said that, and impossible for anyone to dig up a place where I said that either.
Didn't happen. That guy was probably butt-hurt from some reply I may have sent to him because he was wasting my time asking questions for a game he couldn't afford in the first place. Just kicking tires maybe? I have no idea what game he is talking about or who he is??

I dunno?

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You lost money on a 13k TZ?
I'm not even sure what I can respond with that's not a rules violation...
Uh....*scratch head* Yeah, no. I got nothing. : |

Dude, you're so clueless on this that you don't even understand it's WORSE that you're doing it for 500 instead of 1500. You're not even making *good* money to look like a <insert whatever here>. At least Steve-O gets actual bank.

You have fully restored lots of pins I'm sure!
I have only done close to 40. Lots of playfield swaps, cabinet swaps.

So, I have no idea how much time and money it costs to do this, but you certainly do.
Tell me, what are some of your amazing restoration projects that you care to mention?

What are some of your more challenging restorations you have done?

(Probably none! lol)

#95 2 years ago

I love people keep arguing with this guy, it just drives his post to the top

GLWTS

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I think you guys are thinking of the post in a recent Whitewater thread where Flipper_McGavin criticized HEP’s playfield restoration abilities

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I never said that, and impossible for anyone to dig up a place where I said that either.
Didn't happen. That guy was probably butt-hurt from some reply I may have sent to him because he was wasting my time asking questions for a game he couldn't afford in the first place. Just kicking tires maybe? I have no idea what game he is talking about or who he is??
I dunno?

I know you didn't say that. It was some other jackwagon in another thread and I think this guy is mixing you up with him

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I love people keep arguing with this guy, it just drives his post to the top
GLWTS

Haha, Yup!!

No hate here for the OP; get $$ back for the time you put into securing this pre-order and any shopping or restores you do on other pins.

#99 2 years ago

Guy just gave a good explanation for what he did, his history with restoring pinball machines etc.

I've gone from total Dbag to no big deal and he seems like a good dude that likes this hobby.

Flippers have been around FOREVER and the pin companies have been trying to squeeze every last dime of that flipper profit out of that market since the Metallica LE debacle years ago.

Maybe blame the fool that buys that spot at a premium BEFORE the freaking game numbers are even announced!

With the number of games made this time you really have to be desperate to think somehow you are going FOMO this thing and miss out.

A lot of people wanted to wait to see how it flips. Those people will be able to get games as people drop out.

Maybe Spooky should require 1/2 deposit down? Don't know, don't care.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Guy just gave a good explanation for what he did, his history with restoring pinball machines etc.
I've gone from total Dbag to no big deal and he seems like a good dude that likes this hobby.
Flippers have been around FOREVER and the pin companies have been trying to squeeze every last dime of that flipper profit out of that market since the Metallica LE debacle years ago.

What happened with the Metallica LE debacle?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-halloween-standard-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.