View topic image gallery

20210105_211257 (resized).jpg
20210105_211220 (resized).jpg
20210105_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_0615 (resized).jpeg
20201226_223758 (resized).jpg
20201226_223808 (resized).jpg
20201226_223825 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For Trade : Guns N' Roses (LE)

Added: 2020-12-27 04:59:01 UTC • Ended: March 17th, 2021
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 11,000

Open for offers

Item description

1st Owner. Game delivered mid December. 400 plays. Lior's skull shooter and Action button mod included ($600 value)

Will also sell outright currently.

Mainly looking for trade on a POTC Standard or POTC LE

**Can add Cash where necessary

Item photos

20201226_223758 (resized).jpg
20201226_223808 (resized).jpg
20201226_223825 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are paulbaptiste's market stats.

bronze Seller

paulbaptiste has Pinside Bronze seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to paulbaptiste's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Danville, IL, US

#2 3 years ago

Less than two weeks? Game that bad?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Less than two weeks? Game that bad?

Its a beautiful but possibly too difficult game for my household. Im the only one playing it and the risk/reward factor just isn't resonating with anyone else here.

#4 3 years ago

And your looking for a nice profit because you got yours early

#5 3 years ago

I have no skin in the game as I'm not local...But if He had to pay sales tax and His distributor made Him pay shipping maybe $500-$700 profit???

Sales tax in His market is almost 10%.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And your looking for a nice profit because you got yours early

I'm only looking to trade. What profit do you see here? Game price+taxes+freight+Liors mods. There is no profit here

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have no skin in the game as I'm not local...But if He had to pay sales tax and His distributor made Him pay shipping maybe $500-$700 profit???
Sales tax in His market is almost 10%.

Thanks. There isn't profit in this at all.

#8 3 years ago

This is a trade and people are commenting about profit? Who cares. Hope you find the trade your looking for on a cool game.

#9 3 years ago

Great deal for someone.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Its a beautiful but possibly too difficult game for my household. Im the only one playing it and the risk/reward factor just isn't resonating with anyone else here.

That surprises me. Even if that's true, it's like a concert in a pinball machine! How can they not find this entertaining!?...

#11 3 years ago

I'm only looking to trade. What profit do you see here? Game price+taxes+freight+Liors mods. There is no profit here

Ok ..... a 9500 dollar game your valuing at 11 for a 12.5k game

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

That surprises me. Even if that's true, it's like a concert in a pinball machine! How can they not find this entertaining!?...

Its definitely entertaining. Its just so different from all my other JJP games.

Hopefully as they update the game they can have a leader board for largest jackpots lost. This is the only proof of the scores we almost had. Honestly, that would go a long way in the longevity of the game for me.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Plus tax, plus shipping, plus mods. He’s just trying to break even and should be able to with no problem. GLWTS Op.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Or how about this crazy idea?? It’s his game he can do what he wants with it.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Or how about this crazy idea?? It’s his game he can do what he wants with it.

That’s CRAZY

#16 3 years ago

This is Brilliant!
Wish I had gotten an LE to trade for a Pirate's.
Glwt.

#17 3 years ago

I think the valuation is spot on. My GNRLE was 10,500 when all said and done. Could I have gotten a better deal going direct sure but I wanted to support my local distributor during these difficult times. Throw in the lior mods and you are at 11,000 easy. Now trading for a POTC...maybe not.

#18 3 years ago

at 11k . throw in an extra 2750 and if you had the chance to get it , that's a CE to your door less the mod. Good luck to ya though looks great

#19 3 years ago

Just to keep score :

The guy profiting off the Pirates in this Trade would be totes cool.

It's only the OP who people are taking issue with here, right?

Because for him to seek ANY gains is immoral or some shit, but the guy with a Pirates to trade is some kind of Ubermensch and should be praised?

Have I got it right?

If the OP offered to add cash, would him being happier with a Pirates be TOO much like profit to even make THAT fair?

Deep question, I know...but can we really tolerate him being happy like that?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Just to keep score :
The guy profiting off the Pirates in this Trade would be totes cool.
It's only the OP who people are taking issue with here, right?
Because for him to seek ANY gains is immoral or some shit, but the guy with a Pirates to trade is some kind of Ubermensch and should be praised?
Have I got it right?
If the OP offered to add cash, would him being happier with a Pirates be TOO much like profit to even make THAT fair?
Deep question, I know...but can we really tolerate him being happy like that?

The morality BS around here is laughable

#21 3 years ago

And just think ..... if there are no takers within the next 90 days for this pirates deal . You’ll be able to pick it up for 8700 when they start rolling out.

I never heard of including tax and shipping costs over list on a used game I sell

Hell I should of asked 9500 for my MMR classic with color, mods and 259 plays. Dam I knew I sold it too cheap

Glwt

#22 3 years ago

Shipping and tax usually doesn’t come into play, but with the demand and no current supply, OP would be a fool not to go for top dollar. As long as he’s able to sleep knowing the pinside moral ramifications.

#23 3 years ago

Happy new year!!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The morality BS around here is laughable

yah why people gives a shit what anyone else does with their personal property is beyond me.

The market will determine what it sells or trades out for..

I sold off my entire Bally Williams collection when the market starting taking off years ago and made a pile of money.

Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but I dont care.

#25 3 years ago

The op has a sweet collection, 100% positive reviews and is lucky to have this gorgeous game.

As Paul (sepins) and the op have already said, there is little profit to speak of. People busting balls are simply jealous and/or clueless.

Will this game be slightly less costly months from now? Maybe. So what?

I just paid a 1k premium to pickup a local/loaded Rick and Morty...best decision ever. Love the game and can enjoy it with my son who will be visiting. Will it be worth more/less 1 years from now? No clue.

#26 3 years ago

even if he's making a boatload, why does anyone care? how does this impact anyone outside of the deal? and even if you feel it's your place to criticize the idea of profiting, then i can only assume you've never at least attempted to get a game cheap and sell it for more. sounds ridiculous, right? because there's no such thing. and as ridiculous as that suggestion sounds is equal to how ridiculous anyone sounds getting their panties in a bunch about the logistics of this trade.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And just think ..... if there are no takers within the next 90 days for this pirates deal . You’ll be able to pick it up for 8700 when they start rolling out.
I never heard of including tax and shipping costs over list on a used game I sell
Hell I should of asked 9500 for my MMR classic with color, mods and 259 plays. Dam I knew I sold it too cheap
Glwt

Dude stop being a D. Let the guy sell whatever he wants at whatever price. The amount you care is embarrassing.

OP - you do you. Don't mind these guys.

#28 3 years ago

There are only 3 types of people that would have a problem with this sale:

1. GnR owners that are butthurt that someone didn't find the game as fascinating as they did. Hey...it happens.
2. People that are pissed that it's somebody else profiting on a game and not them.
3. Miserable people on Pinside that seem to hate everything and everyone. And there seem to be more every day.

#29 3 years ago

POTC ALL DAY LONG! However if you think POTC is easier to shoot you may be let down

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are only 3 types of people that would have a problem with this sale:
1. GnR owners that are butthurt that someone didn't find the game as fascinating as they did. Hey...it happens.
2. People that are pissed that it's somebody else profiting on a game and not them.
3. Miserable people on Pinside that seem to hate everything and everyone. And there seem to be more every day.

There is nothing wrong for asking whatever for this game. I mean the price police is strong here, it's not like a T2 showing wear that is asking $4500 (for example) but a high demand game 'like new' (same as R&M or TNA when people were flipping them for some profit all the time).

Honestly GnR is not a game I'd buy, that's not saying it's a bad game but just not something that everyone will love especially at the price.

#31 3 years ago

Price seems fair to me - remember this is an almost brand new game, and the wait to get one is pretty lengthy.

GLWS op!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dude stop being a D. Let the guy sell whatever he wants at whatever price. The amount you care is embarrassing.
OP - you do you. Don't mind these guys.

Your right...... let the market speak for itself.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

yes why don't you? This is why no one posts for sale in forum anymore because people sh*t on a FS thread instead of just letting the market dictate. I see way overpriced ads all the time (this is not one of them).

#34 3 years ago

Good luck op! Ask whatever you want! It’s your pin! Get all your money back if it’s not for you, you will have no problem doing that I’m sure.

#35 3 years ago

Some people think this is bad(which I don’t by no means!) I can’t wait to see what happens when the CE’s come out. Price Police are going to go CRAZY!
GLWTS!

#36 3 years ago

Its a beautiful but possibly too difficult game for my household.

Yes, I understand. I need a game to start multiball the very second I plunge the ball and have a 3 minute ball saver, to boot.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

3. Miserable people on Pinside that seem to hate everything and everyone. And there seem to be more every day

4. The virtue signalers, different from the dregs of point 3 because they aren’t necessarily miserable, they just enjoy signaling their moral superiority (in their own mind) as if we care.

GLWS or trade, i find it funny that GnR LE was a higher MSRP than the POTC LE, yet the virtue signalers feel you are the one gouging and POTC owner is of suitable virtue.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

yah why people gives a shit what anyone else does with their personal property is beyond me.
The market will determine what it sells or trades out for..
I sold off my entire Bally Williams collection when the market starting taking off years ago and made a pile of money.
Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but I dont care.

I give a shit that you sold your BW collection off too early.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

It always does which is the best approach for any sale. If something is truly overpriced it won't sell.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It always does which is the best approach for any sale. If something is truly overpriced it won't sell.

I do not agree when it comes to pinball. there are too many guys in the hobby with super deep pockets. I like to say more money than sense but it is their money and they got rich somehow and probably not because they are stupid. I know guys who pay $3000 over what something is worth because they can't wait 3 months.

#41 3 years ago

First, I am a firm believer any owner can ask anything they want for a game. It is their property after all.
I guess you can make the argument that both GNRLE and Pirates LE had an original MSRP of 9500. Both are pretty loaded and beautiful in their own right. Pirates took a big hit from the buying "Market" due to eliminating a couple of advertised features during the design/manufactoring phase. This hurt the value on Pirates pretty bad. The SE I ended up with ,sat with the distributor for a while. It wasn't until the game got removed from the production line until the game started to boom in demand. Someone who paid 15K for a Pirates is not not very likely to do this deal. The question is will someone who paid the MSRP for Pirates be willing to do this trade? Do not know. I think it is a long shot, but hell, if the NY Jets can beat LA and Cleveland, anything can happen (for the record I am a long suffering Jets fan waiting on the second coming of Joe Namath ) .

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I do not agree when it comes to pinball. there are too many guys in the hobby with super deep pockets. I like to say more money than sense but it is their money and they got rich somehow and probably not because they are stupid. I know guys who pay $3000 over what something is worth because they can't wait 3 months.

Not unique to pinball. Same thing with hot cars. Even modest hot cars (like the Civic Type-R) command premiums, even after being on the market for 3 years. All about supply/demand. People with deep pockets exist in every market. Try buying real estate in Silicon Valley, where there is no land and millionaires being created every minute...

#43 3 years ago

@sulli10

That is exactly my thinking. If someone didn't buy a 15k pirates, but was a first owner than this deal may make sense. If they've gotten all they can out of a Pirates maybe now is a good time to get the latest JJP.

As for cash value. I had offers within minutes to sell and I did not accept. I'm really just hoping to trade.

#44 3 years ago

Is the warranty transferable to the new owner ? I understand JJP will not honor to 2 nd owner warranty, Just say their is a potential playfield issue will JJP blow you off

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is the warranty transferable to the new owner ? I understand JJP will not honor to 2 nd owner warranty, Just say their is a potential playfield issue will JJP blow you off

They are not transferable from my understanding.

I haven't been faced with such a severe issue on a JJP game, but have had incredible support on my pre-owned games so far.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

you're right. Those people are part of the market too so if someone is willing to pay that amount, you would be an idiot not to take the sale. The market always speaks for itself.

#47 3 years ago

sulli10
That is exactly my thinking. If someone didn't buy a 15k pirates, but was a first owner than this deal may make sense. If they've gotten all they can out of a Pirates maybe now is a good time to get the latest JJP.
As for cash value. I had offers within minutes to sell and I did not accept. I'm really just hoping to trade.

Therein lies the challenge. People tend to value their stuff as the greater of 1) where the market is (which means looking at the $15k POTC as a benchmark) and 2) What they paid for or have in the game (which has nothing to do with market value). It's why you rarely see deals (items well below market) but often see items sit forever ("I have $6k in the game, so I'm listing for $5900...it doesn't make any difference that the last three sales were under $5k"). Who knows, maybe you'll be lucky.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

you're right. Those people are part of the market too so if someone is willing to pay that amount, you would be an idiot not to take the sale. The market always speaks for itself.

But you said if something is truly overpriced it will not sell. I do not believe that to be the case in this insane hobby. I know guys who over pay and know they over paid and dont care because they have a ton of money.

#49 3 years ago

And to be clear I do not think this one is overpriced. High demand game with nice mods to go with it and I think pirates should be around the same value.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

And to be clear I do not think this one is overpriced. High demand game with nice mods to go with it and I think pirates should be around the same value.

Appreciate the support!

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-le-3?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.