View topic image gallery

20210105_211257 (resized).jpg
20210105_211220 (resized).jpg
20210105_211226 (resized).jpg
IMG_0615 (resized).jpeg
20201226_223758 (resized).jpg
20201226_223808 (resized).jpg
20201226_223825 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Tbh. I owned Pirates and now I own GnR. GnR is way better IMHO. I am not saying Pirates is bad. It is a great game but GnR is on another level.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Therein lies the challenge. People tend to value their stuff as the greater of 1) where the market is (which means looking at the $15k POTC as a benchmark) and 2) What they paid for or have in the game (which has nothing to do with market value). It's why you rarely see deals (items well below market) but often see items sit forever ("I have $6k in the game, so I'm listing for $5900...it doesn't make any difference that the last three sales were under $5k"). Who knows, maybe you'll be lucky.

Agreed, it makes trades a pain. Get a lot of well pinside says your game is worth 6200-7k but I will value it at 6k before I hear condition/mods. Pinside values mine at 7500 on the high end so I want that, even though it is bone stock, unshopped, and has issues.

My favorite lately was someone had an unshopped SS on fb marketplace for 5800. Little rough, players game, needed love. I have a player's grade freddy that is being shopped out. Rough cab, nice pf. They wanted it for 1800, but wanted me to make up the full cash difference for theirs. The greed in this hobby.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Tbh. I owned Pirates and now I own GnR. GnR is way better IMHO. I am not saying Pirates is bad. It is a great game but GnR is on another level.

Maybe if your a GNR fan but I think Pirates has broader appeal, shoots better and probably the best upper PF ever.

Great game!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

TomGWI

Can you elaborate on that a bit? I've only played pirates on location (maybe 25 games) so don't have extensive experience. What separates the two in your opinion?

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe if your a GNR fan but I think Pirates has broader appeal, shoots better and probably the best upper PF ever.
Great game!

Honestly GnR is not my go to when I am listening to music. I do like Zeppelin. I will give a fair comparison when I play both. GnR has blown me away with how well it is done. Pirates is a great game but IMHO it doesn’t hold a candle to GnR.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

But you said if something is truly overpriced it will not sell. I do not believe that to be the case in this insane hobby. I know guys who over pay and know they over paid and dont care because they have a ton of money.

It's not overpriced if the market accepts it. Therefore if the pin that is considered overpriced sells, the mentality of those that think it's overpriced is the error and needs to be corrected haha.

I get your point though that some guys throw money at everything and that can distort.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's not overpriced if the market accepts it. Therefore if the pin that is considered overpriced sells, the mentality of those that think it's overpriced is the error and needs to be corrected haha.

Exactly. You are paying more for impatience.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I mean, the assets usage is night and day.

#59 3 years ago

GNR is a relative bargain when compared to cost of my front door (which took 6 months to import and is just wood, glass, and hardware

Considering pinball machines are built my humans (in this country), it's surprising that everyone freaks out over price. Hand-made, quality items cost money!

IMG_0615 (resized).jpegIMG_0615 (resized).jpeg
#60 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

GNR is a relative bargain when compared to cost of my front door (which took 6 months to import and is just wood, glass, and hardware
Considering pinball machines are built my humans (in this country), it's surprising that everyone freaks out over price. Hand-made, quality items cost money!
[quoted image]

Odd statement in a pinball forum but Dam I love those doors! No matter the cost those are beautiful.

#61 3 years ago

An unusual flex with someone posting a front door. And controversy about someone clearly entitled to make a profit on property he owns. This thread is now being marked as one of my favorites.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Odd statement in a pinball forum but Dam I love those doors! No matter the cost those are beautiful.

Thanks...me too. Money well spent. If I sell the house, this upgrade will pay dividends I’m sure.

The only reason I splurged for them was I live in a hurricane zone and the doors that the builder put on this home were a complete joke and were installed incorrectly (in-swing instead of out-swing, which isn’t ideal in a hurricane). These doors and installation are rock solid...the glass is bulletproof.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Honestly GnR is not my go to when I am listening to music. I do like Zeppelin. I will give a fair comparison when I play both. GnR has blown me away with how well it is done. Pirates is a great game but IMHO it doesn’t hold a candle to GnR.

Are you able to dial-in the shots on GnR? I played maybe 20-30 games, just never felt I could reliably.

With Wonka, Pirates, Hobbit, even Dialed In, I got a handle on things. Everything about GnR I adored, but man...those shots still put me off.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are you able to dial-in the shots on GnR? I played maybe 20-30 games, just never felt I could reliably.
With Wonka, Pirates, Hobbit, even Dialed In, I got a handle on things. Everything about GnR I adored, but man...those shots still put me off.

I've started getting a rhythm the past few days, but was really struggling in the beginning to find my flow. Im sure that will just continue to improve with time.

#65 3 years ago

On a recent podcast a hobbyist claimed to have flipped his NIB LE for $12,500 without those hand crafted mods from Lior. In this manic market OP could probably get more as many can’t seem to wait for the hottest titles.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks...me too. Money well spent. If I sell the house, this upgrade will pay dividends I’m sure.
The only reason I splurged for them was I live in a hurricane zone and the doors that the builder put on this home were a complete joke and were installed incorrectly (in-swing instead of out-swing, which isn’t ideal in a hurricane). These doors and installation are rock solid...the glass is bulletproof.

I wasn't aware we had hurricane zones in California....although on some level I guess it makes sense.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't aware we had hurricane zones in California....although on some level I guess it makes sense.

On what level does it make sense?
You don’t have hurricanes in California

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Your right...... let the market speak for itself.

fer fuck sakes.....I can’t take it anymore!! it’s “you’re” as in “you are” not “your” if you wish to be taken serious then seriously learn some fuckin grammer!! rant over....glwt.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

learn some fuckin grammer!!

grammar, just sayin'

#70 3 years ago

BOOM I bet your hurt after that one!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's a Florida home...I only live part-time in Pasadena. This time of year, Florida rocks (especially since LA is basically shut down). LA without music/entertainment isn't much fun.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

fer fuck sakes.....I can’t take it anymore!! it’s “you’re” as in “you are” not “your” if you wish to be taken serious then seriously learn some fuckin grammer!! rant over....glwt.

OT but I’m reading this book ‘Blood Meridian’ by Cormac MacCarthy and he doesn’t use any quotation marks or note who is speaking and he also doesn’t use any apostrophes he’ll write cant instead of can’t. It’s maddening to read.

#73 3 years ago

From my point of view, since I have a POTCLE. I would not trade it for GNRLE. But that’s only because I know I will eventually be able to purchase a GNRLE. I would only buy or sell my POTC le for something that is exclusive and hard to purchase.

Anyway good luck to Op. I hope you are able to obtain the POTC LE.

By the way it maybe easier to sell out right and the take the money and find a POTCLE. I think you are limiting your market on a trade.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think he’s buttering the OP up for a trade.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

if you wish to be taken serious

Taken seriously. Just sayin'...

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

From my point of view, since I have a POTCLE. I would not trade it for GNRLE. But that’s only because I know I will eventually be able to purchase a GNRLE. I would only buy or sell my POTC le for something that is exclusive and hard to purchase.
By the way it maybe easier to sell out right and the take the money and find a POTCLE. I think you are limiting your market on a trade.

I agree. I've had very little luck with trades over the years. Only done one locally, and it was because a pinball buddy "found" a HUO TZ in a neighbors garage that "wanted it out of the house". Think he picked it up for 2k and then traded it to me for a Stern Spiderman + some cash.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And just think ..... if there are no takers within the next 90 days for this pirates deal . You’ll be able to pick it up for 8700 when they start rolling out.
I never heard of including tax and shipping costs over list on a used game I sell
Hell I should of asked 9500 for my MMR classic with color, mods and 259 plays. Dam I knew I sold it too cheap
Glwt

Maybe you should learn sales

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

OT but I’m reading this book ‘Blood Meridian’ by Cormac MacCarthy and he doesn’t use any quotation marks or note who is speaking and he also doesn’t use any apostrophes he’ll write cant instead of can’t. It’s maddening to read.

Excellent writer. Have you read any Kerouac? Incredibly difficult to read at times for similar reasons, but totally worth it.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Appreciate the input. If I'm unable to trade for any reason than I will pour myself into the game and find that piece of magic that I've found in all the other JJP games. I'm completely sure it exists, I just have to dig further to find it for myself.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

On what level does it make sense?
You don’t have hurricanes in California

I guess because its on the coast, but we haven't had a hurricane in like 150+ years

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's a Florida home...I only live part-time in Pasadena. This time of year, Florida rocks (especially since LA is basically shut down). LA without music/entertainment isn't much fun.

Gotcha...I don't think many places are fun at the moment

#82 3 years ago

Bump

Also open to a POTC Standard Edition.

#83 3 years ago

Look all, prices are really through the roof, so old thoughts are no longer valid. Has anyone seen the POTC JJP LE for sale in St. Louis for $17,500 with sale pending? With no travel, eating out, etc. people have money to spend.

#84 3 years ago

If your focused on a POTC LE you'll be throwing another $5-6K+ into the deal assuming the POTC is in good condition. I sold my POTC LE about 6 months ago for over $16K

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If your focused on a POTC LE you'll be throwing another $5-6K+ into the deal assuming the POTC is in good condition. I sold my POTC LE about 6 months ago for over $16K

Updated listing for a Standard Edition as well.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Look all, prices are really through the roof, so old thoughts are no longer valid. Has anyone seen the POTC JJP LE for sale in St. Louis for $17,500 with sale pending? With no travel, eating out, etc. people have money to spend.

Yes, I have seen it and it blew my mind that someone paid that much #1. for a pinball machine. and #2. for a JJP Pirates pinball machine. I have a hard time getting $2000 worth of pleasure from a game much less almost $20k.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yes, I have seen it and it blew my mind that someone paid that much #1. for a pinball machine. and #2. for a JJP Pirates pinball machine. I have a hard time getting $2000 worth of pleasure from a game much less almost $20k.

Its a great game, but I agree....price keeps going up because its very unlikely it will ever be made again.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Updated listing for a Standard Edition as well.

Just saying that I highly doubt anyone will do that deal straight up (although u have a better chance with a standard)

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just saying that I highly doubt anyone will do that deal straight up (although u have a better chance with a standard)

I understand. I also wouldn't pay 17k for a Pirates. Standard might be more feasible and shorten the gap between values.

Either way if someone is interested in a trade for either we could figure that piece out.

#90 3 years ago

Happy New Year bump! Just landed my largest single game jackpot!

#91 3 years ago

Back to work tomorrow bump!

#92 3 years ago

Pie
We
Got
Pie
Here!

#93 3 years ago

Mods arrived. Excellent work liorillusion . Incredible craftsmanship! Highly recommended.

20210105_211257 (resized).jpg20210105_211257 (resized).jpg20210105_211226 (resized).jpg20210105_211226 (resized).jpg20210105_211220 (resized).jpg20210105_211220 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-le-3/page/2?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.