(Topic ID: 294196)

For sale: Guns N' Roses (LE)

By dnapac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Guns N' Roses (LE)

Added: 2021-05-29 02:30:46 UTC • Ended: June 2nd, 2021
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Read this carefully. I ordered this machine direct from JJP the end of January 2021. I have not been given any ETA. I had a buyer for my spot and should have been an easy transfer, but direct call to Jen at JJP solidified that this is not a transferable slot...it’s a $9500 slot. I’m not looking to make money or “flip” the spot. Looking for $1000 for the deposit I put down, and 100% responsibility for the game. My fear is that someone wants me to take initial possession and there is a problem...forked, dropped, or warranty related issues...I want nothing to do with any of this. I am willing to just walk away from my $1k if that’s what comes, but thought I’d throw this out if someone is really serious...especially local. JJP has caused this problem and it makes me sad, but it is what it is. If interested, let me know.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are dnapac's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to dnapac's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Alton, IA, US

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They modified their warranty in March 2021 to exclude playfield problems. Just ask for your deposit back and if they push back point to a contractual change in terms that you did not agree to. They would have to refund your deposit.

Interesting, I may explore that unless someone takes this risk.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sounds like new buyer would pay him $1000 for deposit and then owe $8500 to JJP when game is ready to ship.

This would be true, but Jen at JJP told me they wouldn’t transfer my spot to someone else...so it’s my problem. I’ll post what’s up when I talk to JJP after the holiday weekend. I just want my deposit money back. Transferring the spot seems like an easy no brainer, but JJP is blocking that.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I like this approach because it's going to be hard to defend the change in warranty and the easiest way for you to get your deposit and be done with the situation all together.
-Mike

I agree. I also suspect that they will do this to get the spot back and charge $10500, instead of the $9500 slot I got. Lots of pm interest, but I really don’t want someone to deal with a possible shipping problem (forked or dropped) or a warranty problem. I’m worried I’d be in the middle of the mess...and that’s the last thing I want.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Wait... so they won’t refund you the 1k despite their chronic shitty playfield issues, and they also won’t let you transfer your spot because it’s locked in at the $9500 before they jacked up the price? If that’s the case... WTF JJP?!?

Yup. Absolutely what is happening.

#20 2 years ago

Just feel weird with over $10k (even after the balance of $9500 is paid I still need to pay tax and shipping to me) tied up. I also feel it’s a lot to ask a person to guarantee me the money, even if something is wrong...then again, maybe someone is willing to take that risk. Not sure how I feel saying “there’s a problem with the game, but I need my money”...why does JJP have to be so shitty...then again, that’s why I’m out.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Actually people will buy regardless. Be sure you are clear and honest and let them know it’s “as is” in writing. The right buyer is fully aware and will buy it regardless.

I’m leaning more toward selling. I would like someone on here to get GNR at the original price...as getting my deposit back...if that’s even possible, is just helping JJP as they won’t sell the slot for $9500, but for $10500.

#25 2 years ago

I’m going to take down this ad soon. Just wanted to thank everyone for the interest and input. I am so conflicted as to how to do this, I need to step back and figure this out. Please don’t think I’m looking to flip. If I sell, it will be only for the $1000 deposit I have spent, and to make sure someone benefits from the $9500 slot. But, I need to demand the guarantee of full payment from this individual, no matter the condition of the pin, and I need to come to terms with that first. If only JJP would simply transfer the spot it’d have been done a long time ago...but they won’t. Even after the potential buyer contacted Jen at JJP to assure this all good. Thank you all again.

Doug

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-le-16?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.