image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Price Drop-GnR Sample $5,000

Added: 2016-08-13 14:06:54 UTC • Ended: September 13th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 5,000

Nice GnR. Small wear at hole and where balls lands on
Playfield when ejected from that hole. It does have a sample play field.

Send a pm if you are interested. Thanks.

Thanks. Ant.

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Saveleaningtower's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Saveleaningtower's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Morristown , Nj, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Displays
Flippin Fun

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

#2 7 years ago

Is this a sample/prototype? The picture of the inserts for add band member/multiball are different.

#3 7 years ago

Guess it is knocker. Awesome. Someone is going to get a great deal. Probably would want the playfield restored by Ron Kruezman. That would be neat. Thanks.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah. Just looked it up. Definitely different. Thanks.

#5 7 years ago

Confirmed. It is a sample. See pic below.

#6 7 years ago

Damn. Can't get it to load.

#8 7 years ago

I'm not a buyer, but I'm definitely curious about how many of these there are. What's the serial number on this one? Maybe we can do some estimations?

#9 7 years ago

I'm not home but will post later

#10 7 years ago

the samples have AXL 6 ball and the rubber dark army green snake. I don't see any of these features on this one.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the samples have AXL 6 ball and the rubber dark army green snake. I don't see any of these features on this one.

Maybe just a sample playfield.

#12 7 years ago

not even the field is, or it would say axl 6 ball, and some of the inserts would be different colors than they are. That's a standard field. Only thing different on this field is that someone updated the launch ramp to the newer style with the VUK dropping right on the field.

#13 7 years ago

here's the sample/prototype fields i've seen look like.

sample_(resized).jpgsample_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Why are inserts different? Did you see those?

#15 7 years ago

The link that was posted says "On production games, the round insert indicates "Multiball" while the rectangular one contains a cross design and indicates "Add Band Member"." This game they are reversed and the rectangular one doesn't have the cross design.

#16 7 years ago

Thanks. See what I have to put up with? Lol.

#17 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

side by side comparison.. I'm genuinely curious now..

gnrsample_compare_(resized).jpggnrsample_compare_(resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

so samples had standard snake as well? I don't understand why they would go ahead and change a ton of inserts colors and art, and then go back and change it again for just those 2 inserts. But everything else remains the same as production. Someone at DE couldn't make up their mind. And it's not like these are easy changes. You have to reshoot all your screens just for that slight change.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so samples had standard snake as well?

This is why I was asking for a serial number, maybe there was a slow phase out of some of the "sample" features.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

side by side comparison.. I'm genuinely curious now..

also look at your side by side comparison. If you notice, the art above the multiball insert is different. Doesn't have the naked girl, look like someone is wearing white pants. But on his version, he has the girl, with the other insert art.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

also look at your side by side comparison. If you notice, the art above the multiball insert is different. Doesn't have the naked girl, look like someone is wearing white pants. But on his version, he has the girl, with the other insert art.

I think that's just bad lighting on the picture, if you look at the ipdb article zoomed out, the playfield with these inserts has a chick on it..

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1100&picno=33095

#24 7 years ago

might be bleached from the flash.

The cabinet has me stumped as well. Must be super early cabinet, because this shot, it looks like it's a totally different game.

wtf_(resized).jpgwtf_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

might be bleached from the flash.
The cabinet has me stumped as well. Must be super early cabinet, because this shot, it looks like it's a totally different game.

LOL true!

#26 7 years ago

guess it is a sample. Different version from the samples i've seen in the past. Guess it's a later revision sample. Curious on how far into the run they did samples. Because they made 3000 of them, so it's not like the production run was that large to begin with.

#27 7 years ago

Lol. Was trying to show the cab art. Jerks.

#28 7 years ago

I'll do best to grab info off the game when I get home later.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

guess it is a sample. Different version from the samples i've seen in the past. Guess it's a later revision sample. Curious on how far into the run they did samples. Because they made 3000 of them, so it's not like the production run was that large to begin with.

Different manufacturer I know, but Funhouse had a prototype set of games and a about 150-200 "samples."

#30 7 years ago

frankenstien and batman forever have early versions that say DE on them.

#31 7 years ago

Bump. So conclusion is its kind of a sample. Inserts different for multiball and add band member but rest of game looks normal. I'm going to reduce this to 5500 as a result. PM me for additional pics or any info. Thanks. Ant.

#32 7 years ago

Any chance you have spare parts for sale like a G ramp?

#33 7 years ago

Sorry no. Just the one attached to the game.

#34 7 years ago

Bump. Unique sample playfield that can easily be restored.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here's the sample/prototype fields i've seen look like.

That is a very early prototype playfield with many differences from sample and production versions. Axl 6 ball never made it into sample or production machines. It has been said that there were 4 different screened versions of GnR playfields (2 different prototypes, the sample version, and production version).

And there is no doubt that Ant's is a normal sample playfield. It even has the messed up inlane inserts.

#37 7 years ago

Bump for this sample

#38 7 years ago

Slash is awesome bump.

#39 7 years ago

An "I agree" Slash is awesome bump!

#40 7 years ago

Don't normally post in another's fs listing but I have one that's pretty damn close to a proto on eBay. Black snake, different gun, different inserts, speaker panel is different and I don't know what else. Anyway only brought it up since you guys were discussing all the differences, it's always cool to see the changes as the built the games. Glws op.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Don't normally post in another's fs listing but I have one that's pretty damn close to a proto on eBay. Black snake, different gun, different inserts, speaker panel is different and I don't know what else. Anyway only brought it up since you guys were discussing all the differences, it's always cool to see the changes as the built the games. Glws op.

Yours is definitely a sample game too, but some of the things on it are not original or for that game at all.

Another sample info bump!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yours is definitely a sample game too, but some of the things on it are not original or for that game at all.
Another sample info bump!

What parts are you thinking? The only part I thought was the non rose shooter and the gun. But according to this website they were:

http://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/1OUpIAr6/guns-n-roses-prototype

I know its not really official, but there was another website that mentioned them as well but I can't seem to locate it currently.

1 week later
#46 7 years ago

5000 cash carry today.

#48 7 years ago

Bump. Now 5000 cash and carry.

#49 7 years ago

Will throw in glare guard, new sheet of glass, and pinwest pinball cover. Over 100 bucks worth of extras.

#50 7 years ago

Pinside before football bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-data-east-1994-2002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.