(Topic ID: 149779)

For sale: Guns N' Roses (Data East, 1994)

By JOESCHALL

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JOESCHALL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GnR1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Guns N' Roses (Data East, 1994)

Added: 2016-01-19 00:17:57 UTC • Ended: March 1st, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 3,600 (Firm)

Price is firm

Player's condition. 100% working. Average cabinet with touchups, playfield cracked or flaked off in several places over inserts, left ramp cracked in multiple places, new full set of plastics, LEDs except for flashers, boards and connectors show signs of wear or repair. Routed by owner at one location--Chronic Town/Music Underground in State College, PA, 16801--for less than 1 year, then in storage for a year. I am handling the sale for the owner, so call or PM me if interested.

Rather than lots of pix, I made three videos showing a walkthrough and gameplay. Videos are here:

Price is firm, cash only, pickup only, no delivery, and no trades. Seller is motivated but also firm about these terms.

Item photos

GnR1_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JOESCHALL's market stats.

silver Seller Level

JOESCHALL has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JOESCHALL's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

State College, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 15.00
Displays
Flippin Fun

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

#4 8 years ago

Thanks so much for the support. It is a shame the playfield isn't in better shape, but this game plays well and is priced to sell.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Man if I had the cash I would drive through this snow storm

Looks like we might get our first snow storm in State College this year on Friday-Saturday.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Is it have a complete playfield overlay or just insert decal overlays?

It's a good question. Based on the nature of the cracking (which seems to extend beyond the inserts) and feel of the playfield, I'd say this is a complete overlay, but I'm afraid I've never dealt with an overlay before. If the game lasts a while and I have time, I'll find out more if I can and post the results.

#17 8 years ago

Quoted from hAbO:Joe is a great guy to deal with an you wont find a nicer guy in the hobby.

Thanks hAbO! You're one of the great people I've met through this hobby, and whose collection and dedication I really admire.

I have a phone call to answer about the GnR from a pinsider today. If that doesn't turn into a quick sale I will plan to get a more detailed video walkthrough of the playfield and better identify all flawed areas of the playfield. I am curious myself about the overlay issue--the machine's owner (who I am repping) called it an overlay, but I don't find any overlays for this title through an online search, so I'm thinking it may be the original clear that is cracked and peeled away after reading some of the posts above. In any case, the bottom line is that the game plays well but the playfield has numerous, obvious flaws that were there when the owner purchased the machine. No idea how the flaws occurred. And be assured that any potential buyer is welcome to inspect and play the machine all you want. There are some great routed pins to play in the shop as well: SS, BSD, LOTR, POTC, TWD, and WOZ.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

This. It looks like the clear and the inserts decided to end their relationship.
Prospective buyers should keep in mind that CPR has art for GNR playfields ready to go - hopefully those will see the light of day in the not too distant future. And Dave is apparently intent on re-running G ramp repros when he has the time.

Very helpful, Blackjacker. Thanks for the clarification. I love the CPR playfields, and I've looked but have found no replacement ramps. If the new pfs and ramps are produced, then this GnR is a great candidate for a full restoration.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It looks like the clear and the inserts decided to end their relationship.

Well said, and thank you. I have revised the ad language accordingly to remove the reference to the overlay and reworded thus: "playfield cracked or flaked off in several places over inserts."

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

no playfield overlay was made for these games,
However, the center logo is an overlay and were made (Mine has one) If you look close in the video you can see it.
Great price. Put a pinsound board in this and rock out! Cpr says they are working on playfields too...
Tempted to pick this up even though I have one! GLWTS!

Many thanks!

#23 8 years ago

Thanks to all for the helpful comments above, the pinsider good will, and the phone chat with a pinsider about the playfield condition and trying to sort out why--as is noted above--"the clear and inserts decided to end their relationship." I'm still not sure why that happened (did someone perhaps clear this on their own overtop of what was already there, and that new clear is coming off?), but once again the bottom line is that the pf is cracked and chipping overtop various inserts. I did another more detailed video walkthrough below to represent each area of the playfield. Looking at the video, in addition to those inserts I mention in the video, I see there are also cracks over the "Add Member" and "Duff" inserts. So this is a player's condition damaged playfield, a restoration candidate for someone with great skills, or a restoration candidate for someone who can swap in the CPR playfield if it is indeed made in the future as suggested above.

Here is the new youtube video:

I'll stress again the seller's terms--cash and pickup only, no trades, and price is firm. He has already had lower offers for this pin and others as well as package offers, but he is sticking to his price of $3,600. No offense meant if other offers are politely declined--I just don't want to waste anyone's time.

#25 8 years ago

Again. many thanks for the unsolicited and good will comments and explanations. With all the clutter on pinside, it's nice to see people saying positive things about a FS item.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well, that reflects more on you than anything. The item is a good price and you have gone well beyond what anyone else in terms of documenting condition. I'd buy it, but PA is a bit too far and you aren't shipping.

Understood, and thanks!

#32 8 years ago

Deposit received from a buyer to hold the pin, with pickup scheduled for next week, so this ad is now marked Sale Pending. I will update this thread with any status changes as needed. Thanks very much to all those who phoned or PMed me. This ad drew a lot of earnest interest, and I appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#33 8 years ago

Seller update: Pickup rescheduled to this week. Buyer had to postpone last week's pickup because of the blizzard.

#34 8 years ago

Pickup still hasn't happened. I have given the buyer until Monday, Feb 15th, to pick up the machine, and if it doesn't happen by then, I'll turn to the next person in line. I will update this thread with any status changes, and thanks to those who have inquired.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Wow. Very accommodating on your part, especially given the fair price on an in-demand title.

Thanks, Blackjacker. I can see you're a fan of the game. Rock on!

1 week later
#37 8 years ago

Seller update: The deal with the original buyer fell through, so I refunded his deposit and removed "Sale Pending" from the ad. The game remains for sale with no one in line, so the first person to pick up the game for the asking price gets it. The seller is firm on price, which I can understand given that it is 100% working and the current Mr Pinball List and Price Guide and the last year of eBay sales ( according to bostonpinball.biz) list the game's value at over $5,000. This ad will expire on March 1st, so if the game doesn't sell by then we will likely put it back in storage. Feel free to call or PM me to discuss further details, but know that the price is firm, cash, and pickup only.

1 week later
#40 8 years ago

Seller update: I believe we have a sale outside of pinside and for the asking price. Pickup is scheduled for March 5. This ad will expire on March 1, so if anyone is interested in being in line in case the sale falls through then PM me. Thanks to all who inquired and especially to those who kindly educated me on the GnR playfield issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-data-east-1994-1995?tu=joeschall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.