Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F7526FBC-6443-467C-A470-226DE73747EE (resized).jpeg
97185F81-A726-4A9D-AFBA-BEA734F0F500 (resized).png
EDFFE356-7EFE-4603-BFE1-BBF49A6A82C7 (resized).png
481FA160-08E8-46C7-9370-F81A3885E2AA (resized).png
top-bid-is-3500 (resized).jpg
B4DE738E-3456-45C7-9D99-CDF33B00B028 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Guns N' Roses (CE)

Featured Ad

Added: 2020-10-20 02:12:54 UTC • Ended: May 18th, 2021
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 12,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Ok Here’s the situation:
Lots of drama with ce editions of gnr. Pinside is on fire about people not getting them. I ordered direct and have confirmation from Jen that I have one. But I feel bad about having one even though it may not be a keeper for me, as I’m not a huge gnr fan.

I really want it to go to a fan, but I also know there's many fans that want them, so I'm not just going to sell it at retail to the lucky dude who hears about it first. But I also don't want to make any money or be a flipper. So, here’s my plan: There's a little Cambodian orphanage ( https://www.cicfo-usa.org/ ) I support and we visited once as a family and did free dental work on the sweet children there (it changed our lives, btw, and we were scheduled to go back in the spring, but, covid...). Anyway, I’m doing an auction style thing where the person who commits to donate the most to this orphanage wins the right to buy the pin from me at retail (you pay shipping or pick it up at the factory, as usual). The donation is tax deductible (it’s a legit US based 503-c charity) so it won't be too bad. This way the person most motivated to ACTUALLY have the pin (vs a speculator) will get the chance at a nib CE. Let the market dictate! I heard second hand about one that’s already flipped for $20k! I’m setting a reserve price at a donation of $3000 because I already had one offer at that level (total pin cost $15,500 plus shipping and tax). Any lower than that, and I’ll just donate to the orphanage and keep the pin for myself. Or flip it in good conscience.

No subjectivity about who got screwed worst by their distro or JJP. If you want it the most, commit to the highest (tax deductible) donation to a great cause. I’ll keep a running post of the highest “bidder” in the forum thread linked to this listing. If you want to post your bid in the forum thread directly, feel free. If you want to be anonymous, make your “bid” directly to me in a dm, and I’ll post it in the thread.

PLEASE remember I’m just a guy trying to do a nice thing for some of the poorest people on the planet. I’ll pay the pinside listing fees out of my own pocket too! If any of this makes you angry or cynical, please take those feelings elsewhere on pinside. There are plenty of threads dedicated to rage. We are talking about a toy that will make you happy and can hopefully make some orphans lives better.

I’ll end the listing Saturday but please don’t wait to bid till then. In the end, it’s going to be the plain old highest bidder that wins. Sniping at the last minute won’t help. Please remember this is a good cause and tax deductible, so your wife really can’t be mad, right?!!

Item photos

B4DE738E-3456-45C7-9D99-CDF33B00B028 (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are paynemic's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to paynemic's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Eagle, ID, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

#2 3 years ago

Opening bid at $3000. Please be generous and kind!

#4 3 years ago

not bidding but just wanted to say good on you man. Thats awesome. I hope this turns out great

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words.

#6 3 years ago

Just when you thought this CE drama couldn't get any crazier. 1st time I've ever seen this and supporting an orphanage too? Check that box! GLWS.

#7 3 years ago

Just sell it for the highest amount you can get and donate the profit. You're not helping a fan get the game. You're letting the highest bidder take it, just with more steps.

#8 3 years ago

Great gesture. GLWS!

#9 3 years ago

I think its great what you are doing....best of luck with the auction!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Just sell it for the highest amount you can get and donate the profit. You're not helping a fan get the game. You're letting the highest bidder take it, just with more steps.

It’s a little different. The “extra” amount (above retail) someone pays will be tax deductible so it doesn’t hurt as bad for them. The way you suggested, I get the deduction.... hey, wait.... jk

#11 3 years ago

Awesome gesture. I'll start the bidding at $3250.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

Awesome gesture. I'll start the bidding at $3250.

You, good sir, are awesome. I appreciate it. If you get it, I hope you love it!

#13 3 years ago

Paynemic is one of the nicest guys I have met. I hope the auction does well.

#14 3 years ago

You need to meet more people...

#15 3 years ago

I'm surprised anyone would downvote this. If you want it that bad, donate to a good cause rather than a greedy flipper. I had a chance top get a CE but declined. I was tempted to flip but I didn't want to be that guy. Now I kinda wish I bought it and did something like this.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm surprised anyone would downvote this.

The misery on this site knows no limits.

#17 3 years ago

A wonderful idea. Kudos to you, paynemic.

#18 3 years ago

its all tax deductible

#19 3 years ago

Send them the pin so they can play it

#20 3 years ago

A very noble gesture and a lesson to all the for profit scalpers that haunt every hobby at the age of the internet.
Kudos to you and GLWB

#21 3 years ago

Thanks to all the kind comments.

Top bid is $3250!

#22 3 years ago

I’ll bid. $3500. Awesome idea!

#23 3 years ago

Nice thing to do. Someone raised you right.

#24 3 years ago
top-bid-is-3500 (resized).jpgtop-bid-is-3500 (resized).jpg
#25 3 years ago

Great idea...GLWS

#26 3 years ago

Ok. I have a private at $3500 as well, but it doesn’t matter because I have a $4000 now too!

Thanks everybody again for the nice comments and the supportive dms and bids.

#27 3 years ago

With all that’s happening in the world right now, it’s great to see someone doing such a cool thing for others.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

With all that’s happening in the world right now, it’s great to see someone doing such a cool thing for others.

I might have to auction my witch 1.0 For charity now that 2.0 is on its way!!! FWIW my experience with your monkey mod is what inspired this in a way.

#29 3 years ago

Guys, I have a new high bidder who wishes to be anonymous. $5000! That’s an awesome donation to that orphanage. I can’t tell you how much good that will do!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

FWIW my experience with your monkey mod is what inspired this in a way.

What Exactly have you been doing with that Monkey?!?! Lol. GLWS and Good luck to the generous buyer.

#31 3 years ago

Extremely generous and a worthwhile cause.
GLWS

#32 3 years ago

This is amazing and well done paynemic! I wish I had the cash to bid......and even buy GnR!!!! I am going to the link as we speak and donating $100 to CICFO-USA. What a great organization and cause! Thanks again paynemic!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

This is amazing and well done paynemic! I wish I had the cash to bid......and even buy GnR!!!! I am going to the link as we speak and donating $100 to CICFO-USA. What a great organization and cause! Thanks again paynemic!

Wow! Thank you!! It really is a worthwhile cause. They say giving is good for the soul, but your soul seems to be doing pretty well already Heater !!

No pressure, but if anyone else is inclined, I highly suggest donating. Very worthy cause. The link I posted in the description has a donate button.

Thanks again!

#34 3 years ago

I applaud you paynemic!!!!!

Nice job.

Need more like you!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

More steps? Is it that hard to make a donation? I'm not buying the game. Think it's ridiculous spending that much on a game where you can buy practically the same game for way less. OP - I appreciate you thinking of others and donating your personal time and services to a good cause. I made a donation to cicfo just because of you.

#36 3 years ago

The donate button is not working For me on the website.
Also I’m curious is this your wife ?
You both are doing great things for these kids.
That’s awesome!!!
Bravo.

481FA160-08E8-46C7-9370-F81A3885E2AA (resized).png481FA160-08E8-46C7-9370-F81A3885E2AA (resized).png
#37 3 years ago

No bit that’s a friend of ours who got us into it!

I’ll ask about the donation button problem.

#38 3 years ago

Why not just call up JJP and tell them you don't want the game anymore so it can go to the next person in line that DOES want the game?

I don't understand why people put deposits down on games they don't even want?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Why not just call up JJP and tell them you don't want the game anymore so it can go to the next person in line that DOES want the game?

His game. He can do as he wishes and it sounds to me like he's doing a lot of good.

That's why.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

FOMO

#41 3 years ago

It’s not like the potential buyer make a good action on his willing. He donate to get a extra expensive toy. I don’t see that like something great. Another CE buyer would have been happy wi the it for sure. The seller is a good man but why not buying his game, selling it for profit (like probably others will do with the CE) and make a donation afterwards?
I think I’ve read that preorder were not transferable anyhow...

#42 3 years ago

It seems like the way he has gone about it brought attention to a charity he is passionate about and others are looking into donating on top of the several thousand that’s already being donated to a great cause.... well done OP!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

It’s not like the potential buyer make a good action on his willing. He donate to get a extra expensive toy. I don’t see that like something great. Another CE buyer would have been happy wi the it for sure. The seller is a good man but why not buying his game, selling it for profit (like probably others will do with the CE) and make a donation afterwards?
I think I’ve read that preorder were not transferable anyhow...

As I’ve said before the “extra” amount goes directly to a charity so it is deductible off a persons taxes (with some caveats).

Your opinion is noted.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I DO want this game but felt bad for all the hardcore fans wanted the CE and got screwed. I’ll probably turn around and order an LE.

Sure I could just let the next person in line get it at retail. Not too fair a method either! Who determines who is “next”. That person might just flip it for a $5k personal profit. Is that better than this solution?

This is the best way I could think of to get it into the hands of someone passionate and do some good. Believe it or not, there’s nothing negative going on here. I’m sorry if this isn’t to your liking.

Let the auction continue! I have $5000. Do I hear $5500?!

#45 3 years ago

Honestly the best way to do this. For those saying just let the game go, honestly, someone can just as likely pick it up and flip for a profit. atleast this is going to a good cause.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

No bit that’s a friend of ours who got us into it!
I’ll ask about the donation button problem.

Ok Donate button does work.
I clicked it and didn’t realize on my phone it did indeed take me to a new page.Then I had to scroll down to find the actual donate options.

97185F81-A726-4A9D-AFBA-BEA734F0F500 (resized).png97185F81-A726-4A9D-AFBA-BEA734F0F500 (resized).pngEDFFE356-7EFE-4603-BFE1-BBF49A6A82C7 (resized).pngEDFFE356-7EFE-4603-BFE1-BBF49A6A82C7 (resized).png
#47 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I DO want this game but felt bad for all the hardcore fans wanted the CE and got screwed. I’ll probably turn around and order an LE.
Sure I could just let the next person in line get it at retail. Not too fair a method either! Who determines who is “next”. That person might just flip it for a $5k personal profit. Is that better than this solution?
This is the best way I could think of to get it into the hands of someone passionate and do some good. Believe it or not, there’s nothing negative going on here. I’m sorry if this isn’t to your liking.
Let the auction continue! I have $5000. Do I hear $5500?!

Nice....my guess when this started was $7500 ....

#49 3 years ago

Bit hard to get a real indication of market price on this because of the tax deductible component. If it's anything like the Australian tax system, the buyers premium being bidded should actually be discounted by the winners actual top income tax rate. So for a top earner here it would be about 45% discount on the premium.

Great idea by the OP to maximise the value to the charity and the winner.

#50 3 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-ce?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.