Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F7526FBC-6443-467C-A470-226DE73747EE (resized).jpeg
97185F81-A726-4A9D-AFBA-BEA734F0F500 (resized).png
EDFFE356-7EFE-4603-BFE1-BBF49A6A82C7 (resized).png
481FA160-08E8-46C7-9370-F81A3885E2AA (resized).png
top-bid-is-3500 (resized).jpg
B4DE738E-3456-45C7-9D99-CDF33B00B028 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bit hard to get a real indication of market price on this because of the tax deductible component. If it's anything like the Australian tax system, the buyers premium being bidded should actually be discounted by the winners actual top income tax rate. So for a top earner here it would be about 45% discount on the premium.
Great idea by the OP to maximise the value to the charity and the winner.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was truly worried I was going to be flamed hard by pinside. Generally positive reaction. It really is a great cause!

Top bid still $5000.

#52 3 years ago

JJP should just factor in a mandatory $1000 donation to charity* on all of the pins it sells.

It would cut down on people preordering games they really don't want and it would benefit people in need.

Win / Win!

*Here are a list of charities that Slash supports. You don't get anything of material value for donating to them (other than maybe a warm feeling) but isn't that the point?

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/slash

#53 3 years ago

I applaud you for coming up with a method to ensure a true GnR fan gets your spot, while cleverly devising a way to get someone to contribute to a cause you hold dear. Anyone who can afford to be the winning bidder at this point is a true fan rather than someone trying to make a buck on the next hot game.
I'm relatively new to pinball but have definitely caught the bug, and would have gladly paid more for my NIB Wonka. Not because I thought I would make money on it if I ever sold it. Rather, I looked at it as an opportunity to add another layer of memories that could be shared with the family as it is a movie we cherish.
Someone is going to get a great game, while a worthwhile charity will receive additional help which is needed. With the what is going on in the world I see this as a Win-Win.

#54 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. It’s the best I could come up with for sure.

Quoted from FlipnOut:

I applaud you for coming up with a method to ensure a true GnR fan gets your spot, while cleverly devising a way to get someone to contribute to a cause you hold dear. Anyone who can afford to be the winning bidder at this point is a true fan rather than someone trying to make a buck on the next hot game.
I'm relatively new to pinball but have definitely caught the bug, and would have gladly paid more for my NIB Wonka. Not because I thought I would make money on it if I ever sold it. Rather, I looked at it as an opportunity to add another layer of memories that could be shared with the family as it is a movie we cherish.
Someone is going to get a great game, while a worthwhile charity will receive additional help which is needed. With the what is going on in the world I see this as a Win-Win.

#55 3 years ago

Great idea and a great cause!!! I hope this generates 10k for the cause. those kids will benefit greatly from such a donation.

sometimes, in the USA, we forget how good we have it. no starvation, low poverty, and being born with a chance to be great no matter who you are. other countries don't enjoy those luxuries in many cases.

#56 3 years ago

Bump to support a good cause, my local pinball buddy and friend. All good stuff.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

sometimes, in the USA, we forget how good we have it. no starvation, low poverty, and being born with a chance to be great no matter who you are..

you know how to use smileys, right?

#58 3 years ago

Great idea and a great cause!!! I hope this generates 10k for the cause. those kids will benefit greatly from such a donation.
sometimes, in the USA, we forget how good we have it. no starvation, low poverty, and being born with a chance to be great no matter who you are. other countries don't enjoy those luxuries in many cases.

It’s really true. Good thoughts.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

Bump to support a good cause, my local pinball buddy and friend. All good stuff.

Always appreciate the bump! Highest bidder is still $5000. A few people waiting to bid Saturday but don’t miss it!!

#60 3 years ago

Huge debt, pandemic, political strife and ... We don't know how lucky we are. Testify my friend!

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice....my guess when this started was $7500 ....

THATS A BID! Ptown in for 7500! Good on you buddy!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

THATS A BID! Ptown in for 7500! Good on you buddy!

I think this is the one time mods should allow you to edit his quote.

#63 3 years ago

Why don't you just donate the entire machine to charity and let them does they wish? You will get a 12,500 donation and then they can put it up for auction?

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Why don't you just donate the entire machine to charity and let them does they wish? You will get a 12,500 donation and then they can put it up for auction?

Because then he'd be out 14k with tax and shipping. That's a lot of money for most folks!

Doing it this way OP is losing out on the profit he'd make flipping it, and graciously donating it to the charity. The victor gets a CE and does good for society in the process. Win win.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

JJP should just factor in a mandatory $1000 donation to charity* on all of the pins it sells.
It would cut down on people preordering games they really don't want and it would benefit people in need.
Win / Win!
*Here are a list of charities that Slash supports. You don't get anything of material value for donating to them (other than maybe a warm feeling) but isn't that the point?
https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/slash

Dude. Just stop posting. You're embarrassing yourself. This guy is doing a good thing. Even if he meant to do this when he ordered the game (which he didn't) it would be a good thing. Stop trying to make it about you. In short, get lost.

#66 3 years ago

Ok all. I appreciate all the good feedback as always.

Definitely ending the “bidding” tomorrow. I’m not sure when because I’ll be out of cell phone range. But I wouldn’t wait past noon mountain time. I’ll have to just call it when I’m in range.

I appreciate all the inquiries from Australia! I contacted JJP and is sounds like if you’re going to bid, you do it at your own risk and shipping cost. They don’t seem like they’ll let me just tack it on to a container heading that way anyway. Sorry! But I had a potc flown back from Australia to idaho and it really wasn’t much more than I pay to freight a pin cross country.

High bid is $5000

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

its all tax deductible

I am not giving tax advice, but be sure to check with an advisor. To be tax exempt, no value can be received from the donation. There is obviously value being given here in the form of the ability to buy something unavailable. I applaud the OP for the charity, but warning on tax claim.

#68 3 years ago

So any amount over MSRP, given directly to a 501c3 couldn’t be tax deductible? First thing that comes to mind are grossly overbid sports tickets or memorabilia at charity auctions....even though something is received in return, there is still a deduction to be had.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

I am not giving tax advice, but be sure to check with an advisor. To be tax exempt, no value can be received from the donation. There is obviously value being given here in the form of the ability to buy something unavailable. I applaud the OP for the charity, but warning on tax claim.

Don't think so. The donation is being done Completely separate from his sale. You are Buying a pinball machine and making your own donation. The donation site has Nothing to do with this transaction. Would be different if the Seller was collecting the funds but he is not.

#70 3 years ago

This is legitimately tax deductible. Your motive for donating to a charity is irrelevant. You are not receiving any subsidy of any kind that would reduce the cost of the pin, therefore the entire charitable contribution is tax deductible.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So any amount over MSRP, given directly to a 501c3 couldn’t be tax deductible? First thing that comes to mind are grossly overbid sports tickets or memorabilia at charity auctions....even though something is received in return, there is still a deduction to be had.

As long as you can quantify the value of what was received. Current market price of this machine is more than 12,500 since you cannot purchase it. Thus, the motivation to bid. MSRP is not the value here.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

This is legitimately tax deductible. Your motive for donating to a charity is irrelevant. You are not receiving any subsidy of any kind that would reduce the cost of the pin, therefore the entire charitable contribution is tax deductible.

I am only saying to check with you advisor. You are bidding for something that has value (option to purchase something unavailable to public.). Winner would have to value that option. Donation would be excess of that. Saying that option to buy something unavailable has no value is not correct.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

I am only saying to check with you advisor. You are bidding for something that has value (option to purchase something unavailable to public.). Winner would have to value that option. Donation would be excess of that. Saying that option to buy something unavailable has no value is not correct.

Sorry not true. The seller is simply Selling a Pinball machine, Period. He will let you buy it IF you do a kind deed and donate to a charity. Would be like buying a car and on the way home stopping at the Salvation Army and making a donation. Neither transaction is associated! IF the charity was sponsoring this transaction different story. They are Not.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

Well, you’d also have to surpass the standard deduction to begin with. Also, it’s not like you’re getting your money back, you’re just reducing your tax liability, which is a fraction of the amount.

I don’t think there will be a problem with a claim in this situation, assuming you reach the threshold to itemize.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry not true. The seller is simply Selling a Pinball machine, Period. He will let you buy it IF you do a kind deed and donate to a charity. Would be like buying a car and on the way home stopping at the Salvation Army and making a donation. Neither transaction is associated! IF the charity was sponsoring this transaction different story. They are Not.

You are missing the point that you would not have been able to buy the car in the first place (in your example) if you had not made the donation... the option to buy is the value. In this case with being able to buy the machine, the transaction is most definitely associated.

Do what you want... just something to keep in mind. Again, accolades to OP. My last post.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

You are missing the point that you would not have been able to buy the car in the first place (in your example) if you had not made the donation... the option to buy is the value. In this case with being able to buy the machine, the transaction is most definitely associated.
Do what you want... just something to keep in mind. Again, accolades to OP. My last post.

It's not associated. There is no written contract that ties the two separate transactions together. The buyer and seller have one transaction, the purchase of the pinball machine.

#77 3 years ago

I will sum it up by saying I’m not an accountant. I know this is a legit charity and a donation SHOULD be deductible. Your mileage may vary as each person’s tax situation is different.

I believe the top bid is $5000 and the bidding is set to end in about 6 hours. Get those bids in!!

#78 3 years ago
F7526FBC-6443-467C-A470-226DE73747EE (resized).jpegF7526FBC-6443-467C-A470-226DE73747EE (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago

Ok. I have a new high anonymous bid. I’m going to close the bidding now. He bid as high as 8000 but I don’t think I’ll hold him to all of that.

Thanks to everyone who bid or had nice things to say. It really is a good cause. One last shameless plug for any small donation.

https://www.cicfo-usa.org/

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. I have a new high anonymous bid. I’m going to close the bidding now. He bid as high as 8000 but I don’t think I’ll hold him to all of that.
Thanks to everyone who bid or had nice things to say. It really is a good cause. One last shameless plug for any small donation.
https://www.cicfo-usa.org/

Awesome....I was off by $500 ....

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Awesome....I was off by $500 ....

What do you mean off? You bit 7500 in your post above. YOU WON! Congrats!! lol

#82 3 years ago

Hahaha

#83 3 years ago

Playing devil's advocate but how are you managing the donation piece? Maybe I missed it but seems like a person could tell you $8k is going to be donated and then show you a false donation amount. Would be pretty easy to donate $80 and then change the email verification of donation to show you it was $8k.

Realize that we need more trust in this world but in the case of where you are trying to do good you might want to ensure your good is actually happening at the level you expect.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Playing devil's advocate but how are you managing the donation piece? Maybe I missed it but seems like a person could tell you $8k is going to be donated and then show you a false donation amount. Would be pretty easy to donate $80 and then change the email verification of donation to show you it was $8k.
Realize that we need more trust in this world but in the case of where you are trying to do good you might want to ensure your good is actually happening at the level you expect.

For sure. My wife volunteers for the board so she can have the treasurer verify the donation. Deposit made today. I appreciate the thought for sure.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

For sure. My wife volunteers for the board so she can have the treasurer verify the donation. Deposit made today. I appreciate the thought for sure.

Perfect! Having your wife work with the board makes it much easier to verify.

Glad you got it sold and good on you for having the buyer donate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-ce/page/2?hl=jdhhoover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.