Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: December 14th, 2017
Ended: December 25th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished
1978 Sinbad: This is a very nice, clean, and fully functioning, example of a classic System-1 Gottlieb title. This machine came to me DOA, and has recently been brought back to life with extensive updates, bulletproofing, and a thorough shopping. A new Ni-Wumpf CPU (Mark II version), and a new/modern power-supply, have been installed to replace the tired and damaged originals. The A1J5/A3J1 and A1J1/A2J2 wiring harnesses have also been replaced with the modern and improved equivalents. The play field was fully disassembled, extensively cleaned/waxed, and re-assembled with new rubbers/47-bulbs/ball. The shooter was also rebuilt with new springs/tip. The game plays great, and can be a real challenge with the uncommon flipper configuration! [phone number removed]
- The back-glass is original and unsealed. It unfortunately does have some minor flaking/damage that is typical to these; however, this one is better than most, and the flaking is barely noticeable from the finished side of the glass (please see pictures).
- The cabinet/back-box are in very-good overall condition, with a few minor dings and scratches. For some reason, the colors on the cabinet do appear more vibrant than the colors on the back box though.
- The play-field is very nice with a fresh, and complete, shop-job recently completed.
- All original displays are fully-functioning, clear, and bright.
- The majority of the original plastics are clean and with good color. The main left plastic is unfortunately cracked all the way through, but is in place, looks good, and does not affect game play.
- Mechanically, the game functions as designed and has never given me an issue since it was brought back to life.
- The flippers have not been gone through; however, I see no need, and have no complaints with either their function, or strength.
The machine is located in central Pennsylvania [phone number removed] Pick-up is highly-preferred, but shipping is not out of the question as long as the buyer makes all the arraignments.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.