View topic image gallery

20160127_204605_(resized).jpg
20160127_204335_(resized).jpg
20160127_204333_(resized).jpg
20160127_204336_(resized).jpg
20160127_204330_(resized).jpg
20160127_204610_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Gorgar (Williams, 1979): $650. PA, MD, Del. OH

Added: 2016-01-28 14:47:28 UTC • Ended: February 1st, 2016
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Price

$ 650

Nicer Gorgar pinball machine. Good cosmetics. Plays, but no sound. Likely just a cold solder joint or new sound chips needed (ROMs). Picked up with intent of making this a permanent addition to my collection, but lack space and would rather this machine go to a nice home before we move. Boards are in great shape, no acid damage. Nice PF. Needs new remote battery holder and some other minor things. Backglass is by no means perfect but presentable.

Item photos

20160127_204610_(resized).jpg
20160127_204330_(resized).jpg
20160127_204336_(resized).jpg
20160127_204333_(resized).jpg
20160127_204335_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Carl_694's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Carl_694's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lexington, SC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

#2 8 years ago

Great Guy to deal with! I have bought several machines from Carl over past couple years & he is always fair and honest with descriptions. Typically machines are in his garage (easy to load) and he is only a couple turns off I-83 or Route 30 in York, PA. About 10 minutes (or less) from the Fairgrounds where the White Rose Gameroom show is every Fall. I would be tempted to grab this from him but I am totally out of space at the moment.

#3 8 years ago

So tempting!

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Great Guy to deal with! I have bought several machines from Carl over past couple years & he is always fair and honest with descriptions. Typically machines are in his garage (easy to load) and he is only a couple turns off I-83 or Route 30 in York, PA. About 10 minutes (or less) from the Fairgrounds where the White Rose Gameroom show is every Fall. I would be tempted to grab this from him but I am totally out of space at the moment.

Thanks Skip! Hope all goes well on your end.

#5 8 years ago

Time for a good cigar and some scotch! Gorgar doesn't drink, though.

20160127_204605_(resized).jpg20160127_204605_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Got to get me a Gorgar one of these days!

#7 8 years ago

If you were in NC it'd be sold. GLWS

#8 8 years ago

man those old style garage door extension springs are scary, don't be near it when it snaps...at least you have the safety cable going through it

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

man those old style garage door extension springs are scary, don't be near it when it snaps...at least you have the safety cable going through it

Had no idea that was cause for concern. You should see some of the electrical work I found in the house!

#10 8 years ago

Carl,

I wish you would get this thing sold! You know me - I am still trying to figure out where I can cram another machine. And I have a couple extra "safety cables" out hanging in the garage we could put in your door springs when I stop by to pick it up. PLEASE get it sold before I come grab another one I don't have room for or need.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Carl,
I wish you would get this thing sold! You know me - I am still trying to figure out where I can cram another machine. And I have a couple extra "safety cables" out hanging in the garage we could put in your door springs when I stop by to pick it up. PLEASE get it sold before I come grab another one I don't have room for or need.

I had no idea the springs were a hazard! We are planning to move, so perhaps the next guy can address the issue. With my luck, they will break during the home inspection. Lol.

I am planning to sell most of my collection, unfortunately, as we are looking to go out of state. Still debating on a few of the machines, but most will need to go to help fund the move and reduce load. Sucks.

#12 8 years ago

Carl,

You have too look at it from another angle. Selling off all the machines before you move gives you a chance to chase more once you get settled in your new location. Lets be honest - one of the most fun things to do in pinball is chase the next machine. If you sell what you have it will give you the chance to start over chasing them.

But it really makes me sad to hear you are moving. I always enjoyed getting together with you. PM me when you have a chance and let me know where you are headed and what you will be selling off before you go. Over the next couple years I plan to be doing some more traveling maybe I can deliver one to you.

Later,
Skip

PS - Get that darn Gorgar sold before I have to come pick it up!

#13 8 years ago

Dropping the price to $650!

#14 8 years ago

Carl,

You are killing me! You want to hold on to it for a couple weeks for me? That will give me time to make some room for it. I might be able to grab it as soon as later this week - it just depends on when I get a Skeeball moved out of the garage. Skip

#15 8 years ago

Hey Skip,
It just left the building. Didn't want to tempt you further.

Carl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gorgar-williams-1979-1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.