(Topic ID: 312508)

For sale: Goldeneye- WIFE SAYS NAKED LADY MUST GO!!!

By SantaEatsCheese

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220331_220812 (resized).jpg
20220331_223548 (resized).jpg
111C1008-06D5-4540-8D6A-3A993A93C2AE (resized).jpeg
a62b2ee5341d1d4aa1d925aaaf425285dacda433 (resized).jpg
23370B1B-1F9D-4760-8C20-4173D53AF7AF.jpeg
20220320_140204 (resized).jpg
20220320_140205 (resized).jpg
20220326_151309 (resized).jpg
20220326_165750 (resized).jpg
20220326_165751 (resized).jpg
20220326_171602 (resized).jpg
20220326_171321 (resized).jpg
20220326_181253 (resized).jpg
20220326_181504 (resized).jpg
20220326_184527 (resized).jpg
20220326_184555 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Goldeneye- WIFE SAYS NAKED LADY MUST GO!!!

Added: 2022-03-26 23:56:56 UTC • Ended: April 1st, 2022
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 3,600

Item description

Up for grabs is a 100% working Goldeneye that walked in my door a few hours ago. Wife wants it gone and won't let the kids bring over friends until it is gone due to the "naked lady" side art and some other raunchy aspects of the machine so it's on the chopping block.

Game has a new magnet board with 100% working magnets (see gameplay video).
LEDs in the GI and incandescent in the inserts
Mirror blades
Undercabinet lighting
Target Decals
Repainted Tank
Nice insert cards

Cabinet looks really nice, and the playfield is good but not perfect. There are no wear spots beyond the usual crotch wear (look between the flippers), but there is a little extra mylar over a few of the inserts. Just look at the pictures.

I'm looking for a trade on this one and you must come to me in Crofton Maryland. I have a walkout basement with a slight hill to the road. Top of the list would be a nice Paragon, Flash Gordon, World Cup Soccer, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool Premium, many others not listed (Im open to offers) +/- cash as appropriate. Might consider a Time Crises, Arcade 1up, arcade marquees, pinball playfield wall hanger, or pinball back glass wall hanger as a sweetener.

I will post some pictures momentarily, but in lieu of 500,000 pictures here is a walkthrough video and a gameplay video.

Thanks!

Edit to add: there are also flipper button protectors, nice metal ones on the side. I have no idea what the flipper button area looks like underneath. I did not/have not shopped this out. You will likely want to put on new rubbers, but the ones that are on there are all fine.

Edit to add 2: I think a nice 80s machine would be my top want.

Absolutely no shipping and no meeting half way/delivery even if you are paying with certified gold bars. This era Data East/Sega game is built like a tank and heavier than a standard Bally Williams.

Item photos

20220326_184606 (resized).jpg
20220320_140204 (resized).jpg
20220320_140205 (resized).jpg
20220326_151309 (resized).jpg
20220326_165750 (resized).jpg
20220326_165751 (resized).jpg
20220326_171602 (resized).jpg
20220326_171321 (resized).jpg
20220326_181253 (resized).jpg
20220326_181504 (resized).jpg
20220326_184527 (resized).jpg
20220326_184555 (resized).jpg
20220326_184600 (resized).jpg
20220326_184604 (resized).jpg
20220326_184607 (resized).jpg
20220326_190529 (resized).jpg
20220326_184608 (resized).jpg
20220326_184610 (resized).jpg
20220326_184950 (resized).jpg
20220326_190510 (resized).jpg
20220326_190506 (resized).jpg
20220326_190508 (resized).jpg
20220326_190511 (resized).jpg
20220326_190512 (resized).jpg
20220326_190515 (resized).jpg
20220326_190517 (resized).jpg
20220326_190519 (resized).jpg
20220326_190521 (resized).jpg
20220326_190523 (resized).jpg
20220326_190526 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SantaEatsCheese's market stats.

diamond Seller

SantaEatsCheese has Pinside Diamond seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SantaEatsCheese's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Crofton, MD, US

#2 2 years ago

Wives r exr to come by
Shed her
Not the pin

#3 2 years ago

Sounds like an excuse to get rid of what came in your trade?

#4 2 years ago

I had a Goldeneye and never even noticed the naked girl on the side. But in fairness I just grabbed it and shopped it for a friend so it was only here a short time. But my wife never noticed either! Gonna ask my buddy of him and his wife noticed now that they own it. GLWS!

#5 2 years ago

I've been looking for one of these but I no games that I want to trade right now. Lol It looks great!

#6 2 years ago

I’m just going to go ahead and assume Baywatch, Playboy, Scared Stiff, Whoa Nellie and etc. aren’t a trade possibility.

#7 2 years ago

Why did you let her see it?
Should have sandwiched it between two other pins quickly.

#8 2 years ago

Hi, what do you value you this in a trade? That's the big question really. I have games to trade, but I need to know what trade value are expecting.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from one-armed-bandit:

Wives r exr to come by
Shed her
Not the pin

Nope. Love the wife. I've gotten away with 30 pin trades in the last 4 years and am thankful she is as patient as she is.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Mayne, but it's not really in my best interest to say I am a motivated seller is it?

Quoted from sevenrites:

I had a Goldeneye and never even noticed the naked girl on the side. But in fairness I just grabbed it and shopped it for a friend so it was only here a short time. But my wife never noticed either! Gonna ask my buddy of him and his wife noticed now that they own it. GLWS!

Thanks!

Quoted from Looprunner:

I've been looking for one of these but I no games that I want to trade right now. Lol It looks great!

From what little I've played it this is a fun game.

Quoted from sevenrites:

I’m just going to go ahead and assume Baywatch, Playboy, Scared Stiff, Whoa Nellie and etc. aren’t a trade possibility.

Batwatch? No nudity, pretty tame. No playboy. Scared stiff and the Elvira stuff is fine.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Why did you let her see it?
Should have sandwiched it between two other pins quickly.

I was fixing it before playing it. Had to put the head back on and all. You live you learn.

Quoted from PoMC:

Hi, what do you value you this in a trade? That's the big question really. I have games to trade, but I need to know what trade value are expecting.

Well, I took a risk on this and essentially got it as a booting project. However, it was much easier to fix than expected. Was not flipping eaier in the week and magnets hadn't worked in 6 years. All are working great now. I have not shopped it, put I new rubbers, and done an LED job. I've gotten a 3800 offer plus shipping already after just an hour, but like I said I got a deal on it.

Let's just go with the pinside and say the pinside average of $3600 with a fairly valued trade. Can add cash for something nice.

Shoot me an offer!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mayne, but it's not really in my best interest to say I am a motivated seller is it?

I mean...you seem more motivated to sell when your wife cracks the wHip.

#11 2 years ago

Maybe replace it with an interflip dragon.. That one has a naked side cab too .

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Maybe replace it with an interflip dragon.. That one has a naked side cab too .

Classic!

#13 2 years ago

I’ve never seen the side of this machine. That is glorious!

#14 2 years ago

By the way, show your wife this pic... my 4 year old loves future spa and always asks why those ladies are naked... what can I say the little man has taste

23370B1B-1F9D-4760-8C20-4173D53AF7AF.jpeg23370B1B-1F9D-4760-8C20-4173D53AF7AF.jpeg

#15 2 years ago

A lot (and I mean A LOT) of games have entered my collection due to wives/GF's wanting games gone. Thanks ladies!

On the other hand I don't appreciate the deliberate damage some have done to help speed up the process.

Also have shown up as a buyer with games already sitting outside.

#16 2 years ago

Great seller. Finally a fairly priced game. Well
Written add.. Manny10 could learn a thing or two

#17 2 years ago

Keep the game sell the wife

#18 2 years ago

What's with the plug on the board?

#19 2 years ago

I never noticed a naked lady - barely naked is what it looks like to me

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Thats the the wife can pull the plug on your machine apparently

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Service outlet upgrade. I’ve seen it once before. Overkill in my opinion

#22 2 years ago

Your wife is overreacting. How ridiculous.

#23 2 years ago

Just buy a alien pinball after sell this machine. It’s only 7k plus and you will be a badass!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Just buy a alien pinball....

But its worse than Goldeneye....no thats not a joke it actually is!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Has a rick and morty but goldeneye is where the wife draws the line? Gotta second this.

#26 2 years ago

Half tempted, looks like fun.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Has a rick and morty but goldeneye is where the wife draws the line? Gotta second this.

Rick and Morty is awesome and Spooky did a good job making it family friendly. There is a family setting that removes the swearing. From 7 at night until 7 in the morning it drops f bomb after bitch after f bomb. From 7 in the morning until 7 in the evening it is pretty tame. Spooky did well pitting in that feature and it is what allowed me to bring it into my home. Great feature. It is mostly me playing the pins anyways. My kids are 5, 8, and 10 so that sort of thing is still important to me.

I have 6 pins in the basement so I try to accommodate.

Kids are scared of the Walking Dead pin and clowns so there are a few other games off the list. Pins are also in/ next to the kid playroom / lego room.

With that said... yes I'm whipped.

#28 2 years ago

After reading the title, well..... I only came for the Naked Lady.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After reading the title, well..... I only came for the Naked Lady.

As requested...

a62b2ee5341d1d4aa1d925aaaf425285dacda433 (resized).jpga62b2ee5341d1d4aa1d925aaaf425285dacda433 (resized).jpg
#30 2 years ago

You're kids presumably have cell phones and go to public school. They'll see much worse.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

You're kids presumably have cell phones and go to public school. They'll see much worse.

No doubt, but no cell phones yet and we are in elementary school still. I am know we will have to cross that bridge soon, but I'm shooting for middle school... not kindergarten.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Scared stiff and the Elvira stuff is fine.

She not okay with the vague outline of a nude female form that’s tastefully done in Goldeneye...but she is okay with the explicitly drawn Elvira character and all of the sexual innuendo in the Elvira games? Sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense!

Quoted from Friengineer:

Hell, you see a lot worse than that on every show on network tv today.

#33 2 years ago

I have had the game twice and would love to have it again,one of the best if not the best from Sega.

#34 2 years ago

You have one chance to be happy in this life. Keep the pin if you like it. This sounds like a form of manipulation and control.

I've acquired many games through unhappy spouses. Many customers collections are stifled or limited due to a spouse who shames the other over their interest in pinball.
I dont envy your situation.

#35 2 years ago

I honestly never noticed her on the cabinet. On a similar note, I picked up a minty Lethal Enforcers last year for next to nothing because the guy’s wife said it was too violent.

#36 2 years ago

Wish I was within driving distance. Had this game once before and never even noticed the side art. Lol. I’m so oblivious sometimes. I’m sure you will have no problems selling.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

She not okay with the vague outline of a nude female form that’s tastefully done in Goldeneye...but she is okay with the explicitly drawn Elvira character and all of the sexual innuendo in the Elvira games? Sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense!

It is a woman after all so it doesn’t have to make sense. The OP realizes he won’t win this fight which is correct.

I suggest a Gorgar.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

It is a woman after all so it doesn’t have to make sense.

We all make compromises to "keep the peace" some small some large. Seems to me one less pin title is pretty small in my book.

LMK on the PM

#39 2 years ago

Agree ,pick your battles and this ain’t one.

Glws

#40 2 years ago

That's considered raunchey these days? I giess she has never seen any 007 movie. My boyhood favorite.

#41 2 years ago

This thread is a pretty good example of why you don’t need to make excuses or offer explanations as to why you are selling a game.

“I’m selling/trading this game” is all the information anybody really needs.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

We all make compromises to "keep the peace" some small some large. Seems to me one less pin title is pretty small in my book.
LMK on the PM

It’s a joke…

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread is a pretty good example of why you don’t need to make excuses or offer explanations as to why you are selling a game.
“I’m selling/trading this game” is all the information anybody really needs.

I agree. Let buyer ask why in a pm or during sale. I really could not care other than something that directly affects said product. Guess it makes seller more like Joe Everybody. Hey look, I’m just a dude too, we all have shit to deal with, etc. sellers already have a common tie, it’s pinball. That gives us plenty to chat up about.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

It’s a joke…

Happens more often than you think, I picked up one pin because the guys daughter was terrified of the backglass. She would not even enter the gameroom till he got rid of it.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Happens more often than you think, I picked up one pin because the guys daughter was terrified of the backglass. She would not even enter the gameroom till he got rid of it.

Don’t change one persons perception but change the environment. Great message to kids.

My kids got scared I talked them through it and even gave show and tell examples. Fear is a great learning tool. But kids parents have to make it happen.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My freddy

#47 2 years ago

My favorite WTB ad read: Divorce forces Purchase

(Credit Pinlawyer)

#48 2 years ago

I think the Ad is great and getting a ton of attention.. which equals a sale. I just traded for an ACDC because the previous owner had little ones quoting lines from the pinball game at school. Id question the logic behind allowing big juicy melons, but if she says the pin needs to go.. it NEEDS to go. Glwts!

#49 2 years ago

There are more graphic things shown on tv now a days, but if it sells the pin ,good on you.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I think the Ad is great and getting a ton of attention.. which equals a sale. I just traded for an ACDC because the previous owner had little ones quoting lines from the pinball game at school. Id question the logic behind allowing big juicy melons, but if she says the pin needs to go.. it NEEDS to go. Glwts!

Right, cause pinball machines are just IMPOSSIBLE to move these days without throwing your wife under the bus!

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-goldeneye-wife-says-must-go?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.