(Topic ID: 179328)

For sale: Gold Wings

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Gold Wings

Added: 2017-01-23 20:39:42 UTC • Ended: January 25th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 500 (Firm)

Price is firm

This machine is starting to get on my nerves and I am sick of messing with it. It was recently shopped out and seems to play OK but some of the feature lights must have had issues at some point because bulbs were removed. To be honest I didn't even mess with those because I spent about an hour looking for a short in the GI lighting that instantly blows the fuse that I still can not find.

We need to get a bunch of machines gone quickly to make room for machines coming in from our warehouse deal so I just don't have the time or interest to mess with this any longer. Anyone what it for $500 before I just toss it in storage to part out sometime down the road?

Overall it is cosmetically nice and has a nice coin door on it but being a Gold Wings it is worth more in parts than as a working machine. I hate parting machines out that could be saved but I just don't have the time to waste on it right now.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

#2 7 years ago

If I remember correctly, I think Gold Wings has literally 9 GI lights plus the coin door. Shouldn't be too hard to find the short. It's a surprisingly fun game with a cool 80s soundtrack. If I hadn't just sprang on a Comet, I'd consider this.

#3 7 years ago

Wish you were closer.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

If I remember correctly, I think Gold Wings has literally 9 GI lights plus the coin door. Shouldn't be too hard to find the short. It's a surprisingly fun game with a cool 80s soundtrack. If I hadn't just sprang on a Comet, I'd consider this.

I'll bet it is the coin door. I forgot to check that. Our issue right now is about 50 more machines to get sold in about a month so when one screws with me for more than a few minutes it is time to kick it out of the garage and move on to the next one. Gold Wings would have already been in storage by now but it was raining here today.

I was talking to a buddy of mine over the weekend and like I was telling him. If I have to waste 2 or 3 hours on each machine I have to get sold off I could spend three 40 hour weeks just messing with stupid stuff on these machines. Needing both money and space I prefer just blowing them out and getting them gone if they start messing with me.

For those of you seeing this post that don't know what I have going on I made a deal on a warehouse full of stuff I need to make room for and get the funds together for fairly quickly so we decided to sell off 65 machines from our collection and project stash. My issue is I need to do that in less than two months (likely more like a month). The good thing is I have had an average of 1.5 machines leaving each day since I started selling stuff off. The bad thing is trying to keep that many machines headed out the door just to meet my deadline. Wish me luck!

#5 7 years ago

i'm glad you are not closer. I don't need another game at this point.

#6 7 years ago

I'm tempted, if only because of the guilty pleasure of growing up playing it. Got any pictures of it? PF wear? Acid damage? It a beater, players, or better?

#7 7 years ago

This might be sold - I'll know shortly after lunch tomorrow. If it isn't sold I'll post pictures mid day or later in the day tomorrow and bump post when I do. THANKS for all the interest & emails.

#8 7 years ago

SOLD! Thanks to Pinside another one is headed out the door!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gold-wings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.