Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GoldBall3-BallyMidway1983_zpsobuayice(1)_(resized).JPG
GoldBall2-BallyMidway1983_zpsf73zonkz_(resized).JPG
GoldBall1-BallyMidway1983_zps6dkffx5k_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Gold Ball (Bally, 1983)

Added: 2016-05-08 04:04:55 UTC • Ended: May 9th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 800

I've never sold one before so bare with me. I've owned it for a little over a year but space concerns and lack of use compared by far to my other machine I want to let this one go.

This machine is in good condition, recently has been serviced by myself and a local expert before me (Arcade Odyssey for locals.) The previous owner had for some reason removed some caps on the drop targets causing them to malfunction and a ribbon cable plug on the end was a bit loose I had him repair for me. I've fixed some cold solder joints and did some rubber rings (full), heavy cleaning with Novus and polishing of it all (table, plastics, gold and silver balls), and other minor solder type things.

Notice: This game has the Bally HOME ROM KIT installed. This gives you far better audio selection in the game. IT also includes the Bally update as well which change the game from a 1-15% chance of lottery winning a gold ball to a skill game where you use some outlanes, star targets, or the central targets to light up and spell GOLD BALL, then the center spot will light them up. If you get GOLD BALL, your next ball will be that one, new music plays, more light effects, and a 3x score until you lose it. You can earn repeated gold balls as well.

It's not spotless, borderline players condition, it does not have any large wear spots in the play field where the paint is gone, but it does have one small less than a dime sized wear spot hiding behind the center 3 point target array to the right of the central pop bumper. Other wear spots are just the usual around the lanes where the hole opens up for the sensor there for scoring above/below. Cabinet is solid, nothing is cracked or largely dented anywhere, no rust. I put a new set of rubber rings in this after purchasing it and also used a Novus kit to clean up the play field and plastics, did replace some plastics such as the top red vertical pieces above the pop bumpers. Has a really good set of lights, all function, think I have some spares too. It has the coin tray and the original manual for it still present as well. The back glass is not cracked but did have some of the classic flecking along the left side top/bottom corners and has been repaired as best as possible and all of it sealed to stop any further progression.

If there are more questions I can try and answer them. As stated $800 or best offer.

I'd like to get as close to that as possible as I need a good bit, but I'm willing to negotiate a good bit, just no 40-50% off low balls as an example.

I've included 3 pictures I had taken showing the back glass, part of the outer body to give a feel, and then an overhead of the play field to see the paint/minor wear on it (I just photoshopped out the carpet around it to the left and right.)

Item photos

GoldBall1-BallyMidway1983_zps6dkffx5k_(resized).JPG
GoldBall2-BallyMidway1983_zpsf73zonkz_(resized).JPG
GoldBall3-BallyMidway1983_zpsobuayice(1)_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Tanooki's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Tanooki's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 800

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Louisville, KY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gold-ball-bally-1983?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.