IMG_3721 (resized).JPG
IMG_3719 (resized).JPG
IMG_3715 (resized).JPG
IMG_3718 (resized).JPG
IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
IMG_3711 (resized).JPG
IMG_3710 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#25 4 years ago

This is more funny than it is offensive...

It's just like he took someone else's text ad and pasted it into his. But the pictures tell the full story anyway, he even provided convenient close-ups that obviously contradict the description. Can't really claim he's hiding anything like those distant pics with glass on.

This is just like importing pinball machines from Europe, which we've been doing by the container load out here. Descriptions always sound great, but then you see the pictures.

#27 4 years ago

Of course the LED job is "tastefully done"... to your specific taste... But pictures tell the story anyway, just more funny than offensive.

This ad would have been perfect for April 1.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Makes the game difficult to be used for what it was designed for. Anytime color LED's are used in GI's. The art turns to mush and the human eye has trouble following a silver ball in monochromatic lighting.

Man, that'd be an interesting experiment. Some kid needs to do this for science fair. I bet it's more person dependent than an objective general effect.

Just because you suck at playing color-bombed games, doesn't mean everyone does?

Anyway, I'm betting people that do this though, think it is tasteful, otherwise they wouldn't do it, ha. That was my point.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It is objective. Not sure how you could work on pinball to the degree you do and not know this. The science behind it is pretty simple. Trying to lol it away with "science fair" makes you sound like an idiot, but it's more funny than offensive.

Yeah, my experience is that I've bought games with colored GI, and although they look weird, they don't distract me or affect me when I play. Maybe they weren't color-bombed bad enough though.

There was no "lol" in regard to my "science fair" remark, as the follow-up sentence demonstrates. I was wondering if there's something to it: but a couple of people claiming it is objective and simple science doesn't make it so.

You seem to be taking it way too personally, or your reading comprehension is lacking: The "suck at playing" question was the "lol" comment.

#35 4 years ago

Claiming experience in a dark red room proves something scientifically about playing pinball is incredibly naive, but if that's the "science" you need to explain your poor play on colored-GI machines, okay.

The red room comment does remind me of this fun LED job on T3 below, but it's a rather extreme example that you might actually call monochromatic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time/page/3#post-3734634

#37 4 years ago

I must be a super hero because this doesn't appear monochromatic and I'm sure I could play it fine.

Sucks to be you if you can't see anything here: might want to get to an eye doctor.

GI-color (resized).jpgGI-color (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gilligan-s-island-w-colordmd-ampamp-mint-playfield?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.