IMG_3721 (resized).JPG
IMG_3719 (resized).JPG
IMG_3715 (resized).JPG
IMG_3718 (resized).JPG
IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
IMG_3711 (resized).JPG
IMG_3710 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Gilligan's Island w/ ColorDMD & mint playfield

Added: 2019-07-16 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (August 28th, 2019) • Ended: December 7th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 3,550 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

This is an amazing and fun machine with a playfield in perfect condition! I believe it is a Diamond Plate version. I have added a new ColorDMD (June 2019) and full Comet LEDs (tastefully done). 100% working.

Cabinet has some fading and dings here and there (all documented in pictures).

This pinball is in fantastic condition and a great title to own.

Also included are a Skipper and Gilligan bobble heads and a 14" SS Minnow replica.

Item photos

IMG_3715 (resized).JPG
IMG_3725 (resized).JPG
IMG_3689 (resized).JPG
IMG_3688 (resized).JPG
IMG_3687 (resized).JPG
IMG_3720 (resized).JPG
IMG_3704 (resized).JPG
IMG_3732 (resized).JPG
IMG_3690 (resized).JPG
IMG_3693 (resized).JPG
IMG_3718 (resized).JPG
IMG_3692 (resized).JPG
IMG_3694 (resized).JPG
IMG_3695 (resized).JPG
IMG_3696 (resized).JPG
IMG_3684 (resized).JPG
IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
IMG_3698 (resized).JPG
IMG_3699 (resized).JPG
IMG_3700 (resized).JPG
IMG_3724 (resized).JPG
IMG_3701 (resized).JPG
IMG_3702 (resized).JPG
IMG_3691 (resized).JPG
IMG_3705 (resized).JPG
IMG_3706 (resized).JPG
IMG_3707 (resized).JPG
IMG_3708 (resized).JPG
IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
IMG_3710 (resized).JPG
IMG_3711 (resized).JPG
IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
IMG_3719 (resized).JPG
IMG_3721 (resized).JPG
IMG_3723 (resized).JPG
IMG_3729 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DocFinlay's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DocFinlay's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Johns Creek, GA, US

#2 4 years ago

don't you know that this is worth over 10K???????

#3 4 years ago

I so want one of these this one is just a little too steep for me. Game is nice but PF definitely not perfect & game could use a full shop job & the cabinet certainly has seen better days. Would be a good look to properly align those flippers too, but maybe that's just the OCD in me! In some of the pics the left flipper looks stuck mid swing as well. Looks almost impossible to lose a ball SDTM!

#4 4 years ago

I wish the playfield was nice! I would buy it. It needs a lot of attention! A nice one just sold for 2400.00. If you change your mind on price please PM me. I'm ready to buy.

#5 4 years ago

Pretty loose definition of "MINT Playfield" with that closeup shot of the treasure chest insert. You're pretty high based on overall condition - but good luck to ya.

#7 4 years ago

Sweet flippers!

#8 4 years ago

wow, not in a good way either.

#9 4 years ago

wait, this guy has a web site where he list pin prices and he is trying to sell this one for more than his price guide??

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

wait, this guy has a web site where he list pin prices and he is trying to sell this one for more than his price guide??

#11 4 years ago

the DMD isn't he only thing colored.

stevie loves colored LEDs (resized).jpgstevie loves colored LEDs (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the DMD isn't he only thing colored.[quoted image]

You might want to check some for sale ads today...there's more of this going around.

#13 4 years ago

My eyes are still burning from seeing the FS posts on Facebook.

#14 4 years ago

Go to Ebay and sell your over priced junk. The thing is trashed you may get 1500.00 for it

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

I wish the playfield was nice! I would buy it. It needs a lot of attention! A nice one just sold for 2400.00. If you change your mind on price please PM me. I'm ready to buy.

Quoted from shane63026:

Go to Ebay and sell your over priced junk. The thing is trashed you may get 1500.00 for it

I'm gonna guess he didn't change his mind and pm you.

#16 4 years ago

I'll admit.....you did a great job of outling damage!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pretty loose definition of "MINT Playfield" with that closeup shot of the treasure chest insert. You're pretty high based on overall condition - but good luck to ya.

The right inlane rollover is trashed and lots of inserts have wear through the keylines. There's also lots of rust visible, so it was probably near the ocean somewhere or generally not cared for. This is not a mint machine by any definition.

#18 4 years ago

What is the power supply mounted in the bottom of the cabinet used for?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

You’re askin the real questions here lmao. Scary

#20 4 years ago

I love how Pinside is changing into a market. Not!
My friend you have "The Law" and Neo banging on your door! Run, Forrest Run!
Woody76 and specially Epithegeek are very graceful in their F you mode, so I would stick with the first 2 and go back to my island.
Juz sayin'
Merry XMas.

#21 4 years ago

Lol.. no I bought a nice 1 for 1400.00 less!

#22 4 years ago

Why are there pictures of coconuts and pineapples glued to the stand-ups? Did the game come like that originally?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Why are there pictures of coconuts and pineapples glued to the stand-ups? Did the game come like that originally?

No, those are chessey target decals you can buy.
2k with colordmd all day.
Lower price or keep game.

#24 4 years ago

Does anyone else find it ironic that he is the purveyor of the https://pinballprices.com website?

#25 4 years ago

This is more funny than it is offensive...

It's just like he took someone else's text ad and pasted it into his. But the pictures tell the full story anyway, he even provided convenient close-ups that obviously contradict the description. Can't really claim he's hiding anything like those distant pics with glass on.

This is just like importing pinball machines from Europe, which we've been doing by the container load out here. Descriptions always sound great, but then you see the pictures.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does anyone else find it ironic that he is the purveyor of the https://pinballprices.com website?

Quoted from woody76:

I'm really starting to wonder if his doctorate is not in Pinball Pricing?

#27 4 years ago

Of course the LED job is "tastefully done"... to your specific taste... But pictures tell the story anyway, just more funny than offensive.

This ad would have been perfect for April 1.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Of course the LED job is "tastefully done"... to your specific taste... But pictures tell the story anyway, just more funny than offensive.
This ad would have been perfect for April 1.

Sorry, but it's not. Anytime you are dealing with lighting and sound, there is a right and wrong way to do things. If you do it wrong, it makes things difficult to look at. Makes the game difficult to be used for what it was designed for. Anytime color LED's are used in GI's. The art turns to mush and the human eye has trouble following a silver ball in monochromatic lighting.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Makes the game difficult to be used for what it was designed for. Anytime color LED's are used in GI's. The art turns to mush and the human eye has trouble following a silver ball in monochromatic lighting.

Man, that'd be an interesting experiment. Some kid needs to do this for science fair. I bet it's more person dependent than an objective general effect.

Just because you suck at playing color-bombed games, doesn't mean everyone does?

Anyway, I'm betting people that do this though, think it is tasteful, otherwise they wouldn't do it, ha. That was my point.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Man, that'd be an interesting experiment. Some kid needs to do this for science fair. I bet it's more person dependent than an objective general effect.
Just because you suck at playing color-bombed games, doesn't mean everyone does?
Anyway, I'm betting people that do this though, think it is tasteful, otherwise they wouldn't do it, ha. That was my point.

It is objective. Not sure how you could work on pinball to the degree you do and not know this. The science behind it is pretty simple. Trying to lol it away with "science fair" makes you sound like an idiot, but it's more funny than offensive.

Not much of a point either way. Obviously they didn't do the lighting because they thought it was hideous.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It is objective. Not sure how you could work on pinball to the degree you do and not know this. The science behind it is pretty simple. Trying to lol it away with "science fair" makes you sound like an idiot, but it's more funny than offensive.

Yeah, my experience is that I've bought games with colored GI, and although they look weird, they don't distract me or affect me when I play. Maybe they weren't color-bombed bad enough though.

There was no "lol" in regard to my "science fair" remark, as the follow-up sentence demonstrates. I was wondering if there's something to it: but a couple of people claiming it is objective and simple science doesn't make it so.

You seem to be taking it way too personally, or your reading comprehension is lacking: The "suck at playing" question was the "lol" comment.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Not much of a point either way. Obviously they didn't do the lighting because they thought it was hideous.

Don’t waste your time. The dude you’re replying to is a total boneheaded clown. I gotta box of rocks more intelligent than them

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Those prices are wrong and so is the description of this game. SAD!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Ever develop black and white film? Ever work in a red dark room? how easy is it to look at things? How easy is it to look at a full color picture in that room. What does it look like? All gray and red. Right? There is your scientific proof right there. Same holds true with stage cannon lighting. Blues, greens, purple, orange, and reds do the exact same effect. Only one you can get away with is yellow, because it's the closest to the white spectrum and in the middle of the human visual, making it the easier to see in.

#35 4 years ago

Claiming experience in a dark red room proves something scientifically about playing pinball is incredibly naive, but if that's the "science" you need to explain your poor play on colored-GI machines, okay.

The red room comment does remind me of this fun LED job on T3 below, but it's a rather extreme example that you might actually call monochromatic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time/page/3#post-3734634

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Claiming experience in a dark red room proves something scientifically about playing pinball is incredibly naive, but if that's the "science" you need to explain your poor play on colored-GI machines, okay.
The red room comment does remind me of this fun LED job on T3 below, but it's a rather extreme example that you might actually call monochromatic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time/page/3#post-3734634

sorry, it's fact that you can't see shit in red,blue, green, purple orange lighting. Nobody can. I highly doubt you have super hero type eyesight that lets you see better in color wonder shitfest LED lighting, more than anyone else.

#37 4 years ago

I must be a super hero because this doesn't appear monochromatic and I'm sure I could play it fine.

Sucks to be you if you can't see anything here: might want to get to an eye doctor.

GI-color (resized).jpgGI-color (resized).jpg

#38 4 years ago

You must not have much actual playing experience in pinball if you think you could play that in a normal gameroom lighting situation.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Probably the Color DMD. Speaking of, there's no baffle surrounding it to block out the backglass GI.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gilligan-s-island-w-colordmd-ampamp-mint-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.