NE slogan (resized).jpg
in-bird-culture-that-is-considered-a-dick-move (resized).jpg
giphy (6).gif
IMG_0355 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
IMG_0375 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Gilligan's Island

Added: 2019-05-20 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 4 times (November 24th, 2019) • Ended: December 5th, 2019
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 7,499

Gilligan's Island This is the nicest Gilligan in existence . High end collectors only . Like it was just pulled out of the box in 1991 but even better !Fully restored top to bottom.
Restoration that was done
-NOS play field clear coated (try finding a new gilligan play field )
-New complete cabinet and head decals
-Metal cabinet corners
-New blue t molding
-New rails
-New lock down bar assembly
-New lock down bar
-New coin door
-New legs and bolts
-New hinges
-Color DMD
-Led through out machine
-Custom topper
-Gilligan ss minnow figure
-Gilligan shooter rod
-Side graphics
-new island motor ( so quiet can't even tell it running )
-New plastics
- H D glass
-New custom target decals
-New coin box
-Power bands
-Professionally framed flyer with all original plastic set and engraved plate specific to this machine.

With that being said its an expensive machine a lot of money and time went in this process, I have over 8K in the machine. Serious buyers only, . I have a link on Pin Side with the restoration process. If interested e-mail me __________@___________ [email removed]

Item photos

IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0355 (resized).jpg
IMG_0357 (resized).jpg
IMG_0358 (resized).jpg
IMG_0359 (resized).jpg
IMG_0360 (resized).jpg
IMG_0361 (resized).jpg
IMG_0362 (resized).jpg
IMG_0363 (resized).jpg
IMG_0364 (resized).jpg
IMG_0365 (resized).jpg
IMG_0366 (resized).jpg
IMG_0367 (resized).jpg
IMG_0368 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpg
IMG_0370 (resized).jpg
IMG_0371 (resized).jpg
IMG_0372 (resized).jpg
IMG_0373 (resized).jpg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpg
IMG_0375 (resized).jpg
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Dave_rautio's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Dave_rautio's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Aurora, IL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#4 4 years ago

That hahaha post is a dick move but still pretty funny

#5 4 years ago

You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still.... oh never-mind

#6 4 years ago

good luck with sale...
your gonna need it

mjr

#7 4 years ago

Ive never seen the cabinet unfaded. Really nice. You might want to include a photo of the right side also. Glws, Mr. Howell would be proud.

#8 4 years ago
giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
#9 4 years ago

Nicest one i have ever seen GLWS

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

I have over 8K in the machine

well that was dumb.

#11 4 years ago

Jeez........we didn't even have to wait til Christmas.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

well that was dumb.

I disagree, it is perhaps dumb to think someone else will pay the $8K invested.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ive never seen the cabinet unfaded. Really nice. You might want to include a photo of the right side also. Glws, Mr. Howell would be proud.

Those are decals...

#14 4 years ago

Believe me nobody will be waisting your time... unbelievable

#15 4 years ago

Looks amazing. You did a fantastic job.

#16 4 years ago

Holy crap! Who puts 8K in a machine.
Just listen to that in conversation.
" Hey guys I put 8K into my Gilligan's Island"
"You did what??? Are you nuts?"

8k was a lot of $$ to put into this particular machine. I dunno about being able to get your money back from it. Good luck.
-Mike

#17 4 years ago

I'm sure there's some rich buyer out there that loves Gilligan and wouldn't mind the expense for a top notch game. But unless you find that ONE guy, there's no way you're even getting your 8k back out of this, let alone 10. Good luck with the snipe hunt.

#18 4 years ago

Are there even 8 grand worth of listed parts???

#19 4 years ago

well, I can cross off the...…"do you know where I can get a 10k gilligans" off the list. id personally take the 4k offer and run with it!

#20 4 years ago

I'm sorry to say it but that's like putting 100 grand into a Vista Cruiser.

#21 4 years ago

can't turn a volkswagon into a lambo with some new paint and fancy wheels!

#22 4 years ago

Hey I get it all your negative comments , this machine is not for everybody. I like nice perfect machines, where other people are ok playing in crap machines. To each his own.

#23 4 years ago

"no, you shouldn't buy that AC/DC Back in Black man....there's a cherry gilligans island available for the same price!"

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Are there even 8 grand worth of listed parts???

Do you really need me to break it out for you ?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

yes, please! pen and paper ready!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Yes please!!! I just dont see it.

#27 4 years ago

Great looking machine ... but at the end of the day, it's still Gilligan's Island.

#28 4 years ago

You spelled wasting wrong. I think everything else wrong with the ad has been mentioned.

#29 4 years ago

Beautiful game. I’ve not seen a Gilligans Island that nice ever. In fact, I’ve only seen a few of them. Great work on the restoration. No reason for people to be rude to you here.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Yeah I think that would help.

#31 4 years ago

I thought I was crazy asking 2K for my High Speed. 10K for GI is nuts. Great game, great example but dude come on....I hate to be that guy but you're lucky to get 3-4K for it. If you love it and have put working into it, I'd keep it.

#32 4 years ago

Looks like a labor of love to me. If it's worth $10,000 to you I'd recommend keeping it. I honestly feel like this would be more appealing to a Gilligan's Island fan than a pinball fan. This will be one of the few times you hear me say this, but you might want to put this one up on Ebay to hit the non pinhead audience. This is without a doubt the nicest Gilligan's Island in existence.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks like a labor of love to me. If it's worth $10,000 to you I'd recommend keeping it. I honestly feel like this would be more appealing to a Gilligan's Island fan than a pinball fan. This will be one of the few times you hear me say this, but you might want to put this one up on Ebay to hit the non pinhead audience. This is without a doubt the nicest Gilligan's Island in existence.

Thanks for your feedback,

#34 4 years ago

Hopefully thurston howell is in the market.

#35 4 years ago

8k in? someone rolled you good...

#36 4 years ago

none of you guys would ever have the balls to say this stuff to his face, and you all know it! if you were at his house and he was showing you the game in person, you'd think to yourself, "that's insane to ask 5-figures for a Gilligan's Island", while nodding and complimenting him on his work. but, put you behind your keyboards, and everyone is an outspoken critic.

so what if he overvalues a game that most of you find to be inferior? who cares that much? oh, wait... don't answer that, i can just go down the list of posts in the thread and make my own list of who cares that much.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

none of you guys would ever have the balls to say this stuff to his face, and you all know it! if you were at his house and he was showing you the game in person, you'd think to yourself, "that's insane to ask 5-figures for a Gilligan's Island, while nodding and complimenting him on his work. but, put you behind your keyboards, and everyone is an outspoken critic.
so what if he overvalues a game that most of you find to be inferior? who cares that much? oh, wait... don't answer that, i can just go down the list of posts in the thread and make my own list of who cares that much.

It’s a forum a place for discussion and you won’t complain that people shared your opinion ? It’s what the seller asked for by clicking to add a topic to his for sale ad.

#38 4 years ago

"I laugh at you... Ha" Thanks man... I needed a good laugh today!

#39 4 years ago

Beautiful game!! At least it's not a popeye. Actually is a fun game. Looks very nice all around! Glws.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

none of you guys would ever have the balls to say this stuff to his face, and you all know it! if you were at his house and he was showing you the game in person, you'd think to yourself, "that's insane to ask 5-figures for a Gilligan's Island", while nodding and complimenting him on his work. but, put you behind your keyboards, and everyone is an outspoken critic.

I would but I'm brutally honest. Maybe that's why I don't have very many friends.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

It’s a forum a place for discussion and you won’t complain that people shared your opinion ? It’s what the seller asked for by clicking to add a topic to his for sale ad.

my point isn’t that people shouldn’t have an opinion, but rather that folks are hypocrites when talking through a computer. or as i like to call them, typocrites.

beautiful machine, btw

#42 4 years ago

Just look at it this way... He doesn't even hold a candle to the Dude that was selling the $65,0000 TZ.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I would say it to his face. “Homie - you should not ask $10,000 for this - it’s fahcking crazy.”

I don’t care how good any restoration could be - this game isn’t worth a 5 figure sum unless it belonged to a cast member on the show, is signed by all of them, and even then it’s a stretch.

IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE POWDERCOATED RAILS OR LEGS

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

...if you were at his house and he was showing you the game in person, you'd think to yourself, "that's insane to ask 5-figures for a Gilligan's Island", while nodding and complimenting him on his work. ...

Nope.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE POWDERCOATED RAILS OR LEGS

Yes. That's what makes his price unreasonable. You've nailed it.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. That's what makes his price unreasonable. You've nailed it.

It’s not a high dollar restoration until those are in place. Which would place this game at $4,500.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

none of you guys would ever have the balls to say this stuff to his face, and you all know it!

Funny.. you've never met most of us and you know exactly what we'd do? Whose the ASSumer now?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

It’s not a high dollar restoration until those are in place. Which would place this game at $4,500.

You think to restore a W/B game you need to powdercoat the legs?

#49 4 years ago

I just don't know how you get to 8k invested unless you were paying someone labor rates all the way through... or you paid like 3k for that hard to find playfield.. and paid a ton for other stuff too.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think to restore a W/B game you need to powdercoat the legs?

To have the nads to ask double the price of the game - you better have spent the $125 and powdercoated them legs.

To ask quadruple the price of the game, you better look in a mirror and or take meds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gilligan-s-island-3?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.