NE slogan (resized).jpg
in-bird-culture-that-is-considered-a-dick-move (resized).jpg
giphy (6).gif
IMG_0355 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
IMG_0375 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Like TZ isn't 10x the game!?

Hmmm 10 X $10,800 = $108,000 WOW, that TZ is really worth $108,000! I knew it was a Bargain!

#102 4 years ago

Why do you guys and gals entertain these ads/listings?

I’d think no response would send a clearer message.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You paid $100 for a fucking shooter rod?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1057-super-skill-shot-shop ands this is a inside member

#104 4 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race, but TreasureCove sold designer Ward Pemberton's HUO Gilligan's Island machine a few years back. I don't remember the price but it would be a good reference machine for one in exceptional condition. There are pictures of it in the photo gallery here:

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/photo-gallery.htm

Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 6.50.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-05-21 at 6.50.02 PM.png
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You need to mod your brain.

Ha ha, thanks , but I'm at the perfect level of insanity as it is.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

I bought this machine a year ago and restored it , If thats ok by you ?

You were doing so great...don’t sink to their level...!!!..........Joey

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

You were doing so great...don’t sink to their level...!!!..........Joey

thanks for encouragement

#108 4 years ago

Dave- The game looks great! You did a nice job bringing it to the level it is at now. It was a labor of love despite all of the talk. You should be happy with what you finished with. Good Luck with your sale.

PS- Having met Dave and picked up a TWD from him, as well as seeing his games, he *is* about quality. He has a passion for pinball.

#109 4 years ago

Nice job on the game.
It looks fabulous.

#110 4 years ago

It is nice looking.

I used to watch a good bit of GI, but I don't remember lava seltzer. Was it that big of a part of the show?

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

thanks for encouragement

I don't get the venom myself. If someone places this much effort and care into a game, good for you!

If anyone feels it's priced too highly......don't buy it, and move on. Teabagging a person just wanting to sell a game is absurd.

Nice work on the game, and thanks for sharing your passion for it!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

WOW .....on a site that is supposed to be for the love and appreciation of a great hobby PINBALL, where everyones favorite game is different, whats important in a machine is different for everyone, what value someone has for a machine is different, there is so much negativity , bitterness, and hate on this site, not even sure I want to be a part of anymore.

Good point. On your next ad uncheck the box to discuss this on the forum. The price police will be all over you if it is priced higher than standard. Even if you price on the high end of standard many think should be priced as a player. It is no win. That said you can’t always recover your cost plus a profit.

#113 4 years ago

I remember the days we thought a WH2O would NEVER break $2500, or a ST:TNG was only a $3200 game, or Scared Stiff could never possibly break $4K. As manufacturers pushed prices up, EVERYTHING on the used market followed suite, and now here we are talking $10K for a GI.

Progress : ).

I say if he can get it - awesome. This community made this bed.

#114 4 years ago

That is an impossibly nice Gilligan’s! However...
039B2085-BED0-444D-B451-F9E381E95901 (resized).jpeg039B2085-BED0-444D-B451-F9E381E95901 (resized).jpeg

#116 4 years ago

The rise in pinball popularity along with a booming economy and more people than ever with disposable income plus the rarity of a Gilligan in this condition could equate to the seller getting his asking price.

#117 4 years ago

These kinds of threads always remind me of this one. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-no-fear-dangerous-sports/page/2
Who would've thought you could own a HEP for less than $5k. I mean No Fear is no Gilligan's Island but hey....

#118 4 years ago

Seriously, I win lotto or come into some cash I will buy from you.
Even ship to Gilligan's Island ( Australia )
This is my favourite game EVER!
Not everyone wants A rated games!

#119 4 years ago

Hrm. Gillian's. Or a jjp Wonka with money left over. Or a stern premium. Or 2 pros. Decisions decisions.

In before the lock. Nice "resto" but think about what you're asking and what else it could buy and you'll see why you're getting flamed. That money invested on a game this painful to play is a lost cause. It's cool you dig it...the problem is no one else really does. Especially for that price.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Let me do the math
Play field $1200 , clear coat 300, hd glass 270, topper 200, decal set 300, coin door 200, color dmd 380, side graphics 75, led lights 250, shooter rod 100, rails 100, lock down bar and assembly 250 , motor 80 , plastic set 400, legs bolts corners 125 , play field swap 1000, price of the original machine 3200

1600 game
65 legs+parts
170 lockdown
20 rails
130 leds
40 door

Well.. I guess there's 2000+ of your overpayment on readily available stuff... nevermind the spend on the less common stuff.

Sometimes a passion project is never worth what you spend...

#121 4 years ago

Serial is not X470000, the Oracle says it will not sell.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

none of you guys would ever have the balls to say this stuff to his face, and you all know it! if you were at his house and he was showing you the game in person, you'd think to yourself, "that's insane to ask 5-figures for a Gilligan's Island", while nodding and complimenting him on his work. but, put you behind your keyboards, and everyone is an outspoken critic.
so what if he overvalues a game that most of you find to be inferior? who cares that much? oh, wait... don't answer that, i can just go down the list of posts in the thread and make my own list of who cares that much.

must be dating his sister??????

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Look at this for contrast.. This even seems expensive and there is so much more work here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78110

I almost posted this exact comparison. WH20 is a WAY more desirable and valuable game and more was done to this one and it’s STILL $2K shy of your asking price.

#124 4 years ago

brace-yourself-the-price-police-are-coming (resized).jpgbrace-yourself-the-price-police-are-coming (resized).jpg
#125 4 years ago

The super high price post it on the forum Pinside Price Police Knee Jerk Reaction marketing ploy! It can work for you too!

#126 4 years ago

Yeah but all that guy does is takes $5 keychains from amazon and fuses them to a rod. His shop here is more or less a joke to many of us.

I’d never think of paying $100 for something completely unnecessary as a fused keychain shooter rod and think I’m going to see a 100% ROI.

#127 4 years ago

New Parts,,,,That coin door is new, But the wrong one for that machine. GLWTS

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

New Parts,,,,That coin door is new, But the wrong one for that machine. GLWTS

Those are the types of details I always look for too. I’d rather have the old beat up door than the wrong one

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I would have thought a base game at 3200 would have been damn near perfect already

That was my thought... for $3200 this should come with a lock bar assembly, coin door, shooter rod, rails, legs and bolts already. those all can be cleaned up and looking like new with a little elbow grease. This poster could have done the play-field swap (clear NOS playfield), leds, and a color DMD for $3130 and the machine would look stunning. $6400 in and enjoy it for a while sell for maybe $7k maybe.... I mean you can't just put stickers on a machine and expect that to fetch a higher price back. Sorry. Things like a Playfield swap and color DMD add the value to a shopped machine. Just my 2 cents.

And I am on record saying I would love a Gilligans Island. However, you have to understand for $10k you could get pretty much any game out there!

I truly wish you luck on your sale. You could get a bite, but I suggest you settle for a nibble.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1600 game
65 legs+parts
170 lockdown
20 rails
130 leds
40 door
Well.. I guess there's 2000+ of your overpayment on readily available stuff... nevermind the spend on the less common stuff.
Sometimes a passion project is never worth what you spend...

Well said!

For example I love the Arcade game Outrun... I restored one from the ground up using a couple of parts machines... The game is only worth $500... however I have close to $1000 into it. I will never see that money again... but it was a passion project for sure. My advice again is enjoy the hell out of that machine until you can't stand looking at it and then put it up for sale for what you can stand to lose.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Poorman:

Well said!
For example I love the Arcade game Outrun... I restored one from the ground up using a couple of parts machines... The game is only worth $500... however I have close to $1000 into it. I will never see that money again... but it was a passion project for sure. My advice again is enjoy the hell out of that machine until you can't stand looking at it and then put it up for sale for what you can stand to lose.

I understand this completely. I’m in my Striker Xtreme for around $2,200, knowing the game is only worth about $1,700. Doesn’t meant I would ever ask $2,200, or more than that.

I honestly feel bad for the seller in this situation.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Doesn’t meant I would ever ask $2,200, or more than that.

In 2029 maybe?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

In 2029 maybe?

One can hope.

It’s a keeper anyways.

Like this GI should be for the game’s biggest fan.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah but all that guy does is takes $5 keychains from amazon and fuses them to a rod. His shop here is more or less a joke to many of us.

Go see him at a show... I think your opinion of him and his products will change.

I think the prices are painful for what it really is or what it adds to the game... but the quality of many of his pieces are quite nice and its well done. Unlike many of the prior shooter rod guys...

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Go see him at a show... I think your opinion of him and his products will change.
I think the prices are painful for what it really is or what it adds to the game... but the quality of many of his pieces are quite nice and its well done. Unlike many of the prior shooter rod guys...

I don't doubt that he's a nice guy. Most I've met in this hobby are. But it'll be hard to sell me that this item from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Value-Smart-Toys-Chaveiro-Keychain-Souvenir-favorite/dp/B07KXG1TD3/ref=sr_1_7

... isn't what turned into an $80 shooter rod here - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1057-super-skill-shot-shop/00651-guns-n-roses-pinball-shooter-mod

And tying it back to this thread, even if one did spend $80-100 for a shooter rod mod, it's bananaland to think that someone else will A) even want it, and B) if so, be willing to pay you every penny you spent on it.

#136 4 years ago

Most of the world's population would be grateful just to have the free time to not be preoccupied with daily survival and experience the luxury of getting offended over something that was none of their business. We should all be grateful for the easy lives we lead.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Most of the world's population would be grateful just to have the free time to not be preoccupied with daily survival...

Like those guys on Gilligan's Island...Constant shit going on there.

#138 4 years ago

What happened to that hilarious first reply to this thread with a million hahas? I need that. Knew I should have copied that while I had the chance.

Good luck with your sale.

#139 4 years ago

Look, we all know the internet is a toxic place, especially in this corner of disposable income. It is unfortunate that you're receiving so much vitriol over something you were probably excited about. But I'm not sure what you were expecting. This isn’t a post about whether or not you did a good job with the restoration, it's a post where you’re trying to sell a GI for 11 grand. It's the internet man, it isn't real, don't let it get you down. But it is a little confusing no? It's a labor of love, it's your favorite game, you fully restored it because you've been doing this for 3 decades and this was a dream project... But you're selling it, and for profit, at a price that you probably knew the pinball community would consider unreasonable. So if this is a business transaction, then the community has every right to address it as such. Judging you for putting so much time, effort, and money into a game you love is wrong, but when you're telling people in the community that a game you're trying to sell them is worth more than it probably is, it kind of comes off as insulting. I think we all agree you did an amazing job with the restoration. Well done. But I don't think the community as a whole owes you positive feedback when you're asking them to pay for your passion project. When you're buying a pin, do you not feel a little sour when the seller tells you it's worth more than it is? The comment about other people's taste not meeting your standards didn't help, but I can see how you would be defensive at this point... I'm genuinely just trying to find some middle ground here. I think if you love restoring pins, that's great for pinball and for yourself, but if you're doing it for money and a lot of it, relative to what the community has agreed upon, then it kind of opens up a whole different level of criticism. Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Good luck man, I hope you find someone who is looking for a like new GI and everyone can go their separate ways feeling good about your work.

#140 4 years ago

The game looks great other than having the wrong coin door on it. But honestly to get your asking price or even close to it you will have to find that special buyer who loves Gilligan island. I had one of these back in 2006 I paid 1100 for it. Lasted 3 days, the game sucks. The only thing going for it was I liked the music, and it was bally's first dmd game.

#141 4 years ago

I am SPECIAL!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

WOW .....on a site that is supposed to be for the love and appreciation of a great hobby PINBALL, where everyones favorite game is different, whats important in a machine is different for everyone, what value someone has for a machine is different, there is so much negativity , bitterness, and hate on this site, not even sure I want to be a part of anymore.

It's actually pretty funny how people can justify spending ridiculous amounts of money on one pin but criticize someone else for doing the same on a different pin. Load up a Tron with thousands of dollars worth of mods and everyone compliments. Do the same on a different pin and everyone becomes a frugal accountant going through your receipts. Restoring/fixing up any pin costs a lot of money and it doesn't have to make sense to everyone. I think it's cool you set out to make the nicest Gilligan's Island that you could. If I had the means, I would do that with every pin I own no matter where it's ranked in some stupid list. Asking price is bold but what better way to get attention for your ad.

#145 4 years ago

Bump for one of the best "Gotta play one more time!" pins out there IMHO. Great job on making her look as nice as possible! GLWTS

#146 4 years ago

The restoration on this machine does look great. Well done sir.

#147 4 years ago

Pinball people seem to be the bitchyest people I have ever seen, myself included although I am salty because I can’t afford anything anymore yet at the same time most of you here are always quick to lend a hand, give advice, give or sell something to someone in need. Just an observation

#148 4 years ago

Love this game, wish I was handy enough to make one look this good.

#149 4 years ago

a pinside thread after all the price policing …….

3-courtesy-of-hbo-1 (resized).jpg3-courtesy-of-hbo-1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gilligan-s-island-3/page/3?hl=flippersticks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.