NE slogan (resized).jpg
in-bird-culture-that-is-considered-a-dick-move (resized).jpg
giphy (6).gif
IMG_0355 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
IMG_0375 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

To have the nads to ask double the price of the game - you better have spent the $125 and powdercoated them legs.

That's not a restoration and doesn't really make sense.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's not a restoration and doesn't really make sense.

No, not part of a restoration - it’s a “mod” but so are colored LEDs.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I just don't know how you get to 8k invested unless you were paying someone labor rates all the way through... or you paid like 3k for that hard to find playfield.. and paid a ton for other stuff too.

Let me do the math
Play field $1200 , clear coat 300, hd glass 270, topper 200, decal set 300, coin door 200, color dmd 380, side graphics 75, led lights 250, shooter rod 100, rails 100, lock down bar and assembly 250 , motor 80 , plastic set 400, legs bolts corners 125 , play field swap 1000, price of the original machine 3200

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Just look at it this way... He doesn't even hold a candle to the Dude that was selling the $65,0000 TZ.

Like TZ isn't 10x the game!?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I just don't know how you get to 8k invested unless you were paying someone labor rates all the way through... or you paid like 3k for that hard to find playfield.. and paid a ton for other stuff too.

i wasn’t including you in that inference @flynnibus. everyone here knows you’ve got big ol’ brass ones!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Let me do the math
Play field $1200 , clear coat 300, hd glass 270, topper 200, decal set 300, coin door 200, color dmd 380, side graphics 75, led lights 250, shooter rod 100, rails 100, lock down bar and assembly 250 , motor 80 , plastic set 400, legs bolts corners 125 , play field swap 1000, price of the original machine 3200

I say this with seriousness, and am genuinely intrigued, what inspired you take on this project?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I say this with seriousness, and am genuinely intrigued, what inspired you take on this project?

It was my very first game and my favorite for all my 21 years collecting machines

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

That hahaha post is a dick move but still pretty funny

in-bird-culture-that-is-considered-a-dick-move (resized).jpgin-bird-culture-that-is-considered-a-dick-move (resized).jpg
#59 4 years ago

fun fact.... for anyone that’s considers “Player” to be one of their top titles in this hobby, Gilligan’s Island is actually a pretty fun game.

#60 4 years ago

Your first mistake was putting that much money into this game.

Your second mistake was not having intentions on keeping it the rest of your life after you did put all that into it.

Your third mistake was expecting to get your money back on it.

Your fourth mistake was making your ad listing into a thread.

#61 4 years ago

Beautiful restore. Great job.

#62 4 years ago

Cool post, thanks for sharing!

#63 4 years ago

Is this the pro or the limited edition Honeybees version?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Your first mistake was putting that much money into this game.
Your second mistake was not having intentions on keeping it the rest of your life after you did put all that into it.
Your third mistake was expecting to get your money back on it.
Your fourth mistake was making your ad listing into a thread.

Ultraaaaa! Bingooooo! Comboooooo!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Let me do the math

I think you got ripped off.....

#66 4 years ago

Maybe try listing it on Ebay as Pinside may not be the target market for this game. The same guy who is paying 13k+ for a Beatles pin might buy a restored Gilligan. Just my two cents

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

It was my very first game and my favorite for all my 21 years collecting machines

May I ask why you’re selling it then?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Just my two cents

Inflation has hit Pinside - It'll cost you 6 cents now......

#69 4 years ago

How did he fit a Stern premium into that machine?

#70 4 years ago

Save this to be buried in. You may get your money out if you play it literally 20,000 times or 42 days straight without breaks.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Let me do the math

When I did his math I came up with$ 8430. You're $2370 short from what you're asking.

But you left out the cost of the picture and framing so that must explain the excess

#72 4 years ago

The $2,370 is for the old parts (playfield, glass, etc.) which I assume would be included.

#73 4 years ago

I do have one actual legitimate question what's with the drop targets they look like peel and stick stickers is that the way it is on the newer games I'm not too familiar with new games I assume they don't paint it on there anymore

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I do have one actual legitimate question what's with the drop targets they look like peel and stick stickers is that the way it is on the newer games I'm not too familiar with new games I assume they don't paint it on there anymore

Gilligan just has standups, not drops - but yeah, they're cheap stickers on the front. That's a really common thing these days. MODZ YO.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gilligan just has standups, not drops - but yeah, they're cheap stickers on the front. That's a really common thing these days. MODZ YO.

Okay thanks for educating me I appreciate it

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Hey I get it all your negative comments , this machine is not for everybody. I like nice perfect machines, where other people are ok playing in crap machines. To each his own.

TOTALLY understand that and TOTALLY respect it! I'm doing the same thing with a couple machines for EXACTLY the same reason. I also have already accepted that I'll get nowhere near half back of the extra money I put into them. I'm ok with that, because I plan to never ever sell them. If I'm forced to, I'm prepared to take the fleecing, in terms of dollars. My compensation, in that case, will be having owned and played perfect games for however long I could.

#77 4 years ago

Guys it comes with a coconut radio. That is the difference

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Hey I get it all your negative comments , this machine is not for everybody.

I guess it would do well here then...

NE slogan (resized).jpgNE slogan (resized).jpg
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

Let me do the math

I would have thought a base game at 3200 would have been damn near perfect already

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

play field swap 1000,

This is labor correct?

#81 4 years ago

I think there has been a lot of over priced games lately but I cant really say this is in the same category, sure the price is high but........

its pretty obvious a lot of money went into the restoration of this game. I mean any game can rack up a ton of money quickly for a full blown restoration. thinking Xenon HH Black Hole CPR parts nos parts etc.

I see SALE PENDING seems you found a ultimate GI fan. its a great looking game, not one you see a full blown restore on which makes it unique.

#82 4 years ago

Nice looking game but,

This is what pins ranked 315th go for? This game in its best condition is probably worth half of what you are asking. You NEVER get back what you put in. Maybe with HEP, but thats it. GLWS

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I can't speak for the EM era, but Williams did stickers for drop targets on all their solid state machines that I'm aware of.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

21 years ago u paid $3200 for a GI?

#85 4 years ago

Super nice work. Unless you created the thread option for the inevitable negative publicity, I recommend skipping the thread option next time. I also second the idea of listing it on Ebay to reach a different audience.

#86 4 years ago

Spelling police: "wasting" our time. Not "waisting."

Unless that's authentic spelling on the island.

#87 4 years ago

Wait a minute. Maybe we all misunderstood.
He could be asking for the amount in PESOS.

#88 4 years ago

Gilligan approves

" Best game ever "
If I was well off, I would buy it! B E A U T I F U L

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I guess it would do well here then...[quoted image]

Bill if you need to sell some of your games to buy this GI I can come over and help you out

#90 4 years ago

How many plays in the last 12 years? Asking for a friend....

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

21 years ago u paid $3200 for a GI?

I think $320.00 is a more likely price for that pin 21 years ago . I think I recall passing on a decent one for $750 around that time.

I wish people wouldn't get so personal over pricing. I get ribbing someone, but some of the comments get pretty harsh ! I don't think the guy is seriously attempting to screw someone over ... he's just asking a retail price for a pristine machine.

#92 4 years ago

I will vouch that the Law would lay down the law

#93 4 years ago

WOW .....on a site that is supposed to be for the love and appreciation of a great hobby PINBALL, where everyones favorite game is different, whats important in a machine is different for everyone, what value someone has for a machine is different, there is so much negativity , bitterness, and hate on this site, not even sure I want to be a part of anymore.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:21 years ago u paid $3200 for a GI?

and no I did not buy this machine 21 years ago. 21 years ago I purchased my first machine a Gilligan, long gone any many GI since then I bought this machine a year ago and restored it , If thats ok by you ?

#95 4 years ago

You paid $100 for a fucking shooter rod?!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Dave_rautio:

there is so much negativity , bitterness, and hate on this site, not even sure I want to be a part of anymore.

Come here and and ask way too much for the game, what did you think would happen. Don't get pissed if people call you out on it.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You paid $100 for a fucking shooter rod?!

I thought the same thing.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I thought the same thing.

Have you seen modded plungers.? They are not cheap.

#99 4 years ago

Look at this for contrast.. This even seems expensive and there is so much more work here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78110

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Have you seen modded plungers.? They are not cheap.

You need to mod your brain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gilligan-s-island-3/page/2?hl=whitenoise3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.