(Topic ID: 163399)

For sale: Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) - Price Drop!!

By eggbert52

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by eggbert52
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 8,800

for sale

For sale: Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) - Price Drop!!

Added: July 2nd, 2016 Ended: July 10th, 2016
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Item description

I have a Ghostbusters LE that I am looking to trade for a mint CCC. My pin is expected to be delivered in less than 2 weeks and is already paid in full. I know the chances are slim but thought I would throw this out there. Obviously there would be cash on my end.

Anyway, let me know what you got.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Westchase, FL, US

Seller insights

These are eggbert52's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to eggbert52's stats page

#2 2 years ago

A really unusual trade request, but Good Luck nonetheless. Bump...

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

A really unusual trade request, but Good Luck nonetheless. Bump...

Agreed. Has there ever been a pin with so many pre ordered that people are dumping even before getting it?? I've seen this before but it seems like GB is setting a record.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed. Has there ever been a pin with so many pre ordered that people are dumping even before getting it?? I've seen this before but it seems like GB is setting a record.

It makes sense! Has there ever been a title with such hype and such an increase in value before its even shipped? Most will get a grand or more in trade value or straight sale. People are cashing in now which is smart IMO. The Hobbit has changed hands probably more than GB and they are doing it at around cost... some below.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It makes sense! Has there ever been a title with such hype and such an increase in value before its even shipped? Most will get a grand or more in trade value or straight sale. People are cashing in now which is smart IMO. The Hobbit has changed hands probably more than GB and they are doing it at around cost... some below.

Oh no doubt! I'd have no shame in doing the same thing...it's smart on the owners part. I haven't followed The Hobbits happenings so that's good info as well.

#6 2 years ago

Good luck with your search.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

CCC is worth more than 9K, no?

Yes, his ad says he would add cash...

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, his ad says he would add cash...

Oh yeah, just saw that. Edited post.

#9 2 years ago

At least Op is not asking $10k in trade value. That alone deserves accolades.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

At least Op is not asking $10k in trade value. That alone deserves accolades.

From the hype, this should still sell in mere moments at 9k straight up cash.

#11 2 years ago

Bump, still looking for a minty CCC.

For those interested, willing to do a straight up sale for $9K. Machine is paid in full and will be shipped in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks..

#12 2 years ago

OK let's bump this with a $200 price drop. Also adding that I'm willing to trade for a mint Ruby Red WOZ or minty CCC.

Priced to move NIB with shipping included for $8,800. Your chance to unbox a brand NIB GBLE.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Priced to move NIB with shipping included for $8,800. Your chance to unbox a brand NIB GBLE.

Pretty damn good deal with shipping included... I would be surprised if it doesn't sell soon.

#14 2 years ago

Just confirmed once again on the invoice dated 3/28 from my distributor that shipping is indeed included. Just wanted to be double sure.

#15 2 years ago

Shit if I didn't already have a tricked out Pro I'd be game for this. Would look good inbetween my Tron LE and Kiss LE.

#16 2 years ago

I have a feeling people will look back at this thread in a few months and kick themselves....

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I have a feeling people will look back at this thread in a few months and kick themselves....

Nope just until the next release lol. Seems lots of higher priced pins are sitting. Maybe the market is finally saturated with high end /collectible pins (8k plus) ? I mean most of the le pins have premiums that play the same for thousands less? If i was in the market for a gble id buy it . seems likea decent deal compared to previous sales. Glws or trade op

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope just until the next release lol. Seems lots of higher priced pins are sitting. Maybe the market is finally saturated with high end /collectible pins (8k plus) ? I mean most of the le pins have premiums that play the same for thousands less? If i was in the market for a gble id buy it . seems likea decent deal compared to previous sales. Glws or trade op

This is the start of the market "stall" that people said would not happen. Keep watching. Have your bank account ready. The long term collectors are.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This is the start of the market "stall" that people said would not happen. Keep watching. Have your bank account ready. The long term collectors are.

Meh, just another lull, probably due to too many desirable new releases in a short time. There have been some smoking deals on newer Premium and LE's as a result, though.

#20 2 years ago

Or - it's game specific. GB is polarizing, and not necessarily the hit everyone expected.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Meh, just another lull, probably due to too many desirable new releases in a short time. There have been some smoking deals on newer Premium and LE's as a result, though.

That is not what is happening right now.
It is not market saturation either, things had remained steady with availability.

Stern is beginning to compete against themselves again, just like BLY/WMS did in the mid 1990s.
You have HUO machines with less than 1000 plays being offered for sale for a host of reasons.
This is not the first, or even second time this has occurred it goes in cycles.
People that have not seen one of these periods, really don't know what it looks like, but it has the potential to be unhealthy for the market, and can last anywhere from 2-5 years.

Stern kept price testing the market, and now buyers and operators are starting to back off on the NIB, and go a different direction.
In some ways, they did it to themselves, the "center cannot hold".

The severity of the price stall will be dependent on the economy, and if Stern raises the cost of the next title too much with the LCD.

The other factor is MODDED machines.

Owners are trying to sell their older machines for an average of $1-3K more than they bought them in some cases less than a year later PURELY based on "I installed all these mods in my game, so it clearly is worth more than I bought it."
Collectors are not biting, and don't want pink powder coating CVs or "Iceberg" WH20s with abominable snowmen in their homes, especially for $8-10K.
Dealers don't have any interest in buying these types of machines and laugh at the owners when they tout their installed mirror blades saying they cost $500 with "hours of work involved in installation" which even further reduces sales.
They cannot resell the machines without stripping them of all the crap, that collectors do not want.
Unfortunately, that is even more time wasted...at cost.

Good dealers are willing to negotiate, owners are not, believing their machines are made of gold based on reviewing details on Ebay.
We just had a BTTF on Portland CL that was being offered at $8K, and the owner thought it was a "steal" because he believed it was worth $12K. I have no idea where he came up with these numbers, but this is actually more prevalent than people realize.

#22 2 years ago

That is not what is happening right now.
It is not market saturation either, things had remained steady with availability.
Stern is beginning to compete against themselves again, just like BLY/WMS did in the mid 1990s.
This is not the first, or even second time this has occurred it goes in cycles.
People that have not seen one of these periods, really don't know what it looks like, but it has the potential to be unhealthy for the market, and can last anywhere from 2-5 years.
Stern kept price testing the market, and now buyers and operators are starting to back off on the NIB, and go a different direction.
In some ways, they did it to themselves, the "center cannot hold".
The severity of the price stall will be dependent on the economy, and if Stern raises the cost of the next title too much with the LCD.
The other factor is MODDED machines.
Owners are trying to sell their older machines for an average of $1-3K more than they bought them in some cases less than a year later PURELY based on "I installed all these mods in my game, so it clearly is worth more than I bought it."
Collectors are not biting, and don't want pink powder coating CVs or "Iceberg" WH20s with abominable snowmen in their homes, especially for $8-10K.
Dealers don't have any interest in buying these types of machines and laugh at the owners when they tout their installed mirror blades saying they cost $500 with "hours of work involved in installation" which even further reduces sales.
They cannot resell the machines without stripping them of all the crap, that collectors do not want.
Unfortunately, that is even more time wasted...at cost.
Good dealers are willing to negotiate, owners are not, believing their machines are made of gold based on reviewing details on Ebay.
We just had a BTTF on Portland CL that was being offered at $8K, and the owner thought it was a "steal" because he believed it was worth $12K. I have no idea where he came up with these numbers, but this is actually more prevalent than people realize.

Or it's summer and people are finally coming to their senses.

#23 2 years ago

It's not exactly a price stall, this pin WILL sell and it's priced at MSRP, Stern could have sold more if they made 700 LEs Stern probably would have sold them.

I think partly the delay in shipping has cooled off the excitement for GBLE.

#24 2 years ago

Collectors are spending on vacation, not pinball. Happens every year at this time for the 12 years I've been collecting. This same argument comes every year at this time of year also.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Collectors are spending on vacation, not pinball. Happens every year at this time for the 12 years I've been collecting. This same argument comes every year at this time of year also.

True and I agree to a point but the fact is new pin prices continue to go higher and higher and more titles continue to get produced every year... sooner or later somethings gotta give and it will at some point. Happens with everything eventually.

#26 2 years ago

Or number 35...the OP just hasn't had a chance to get off his ass to read all of the offers via PM.

Game is tentatively sold pending a couple of things in the am.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

The difference between this and the past 12 years is simple.
A much higher percentage of home owners who are selling HUO games with under 2500 plays.
Home ownership has increased significantly in the past 5 years, higher than any time in pinball history.
Buyers have more options.
A LOT more options based on recent titles, this is not RCT times during the reimport period, which had different challenges.
They are choosing to go a different route than NIB.
This is logical human nature, as you can get nearly the same quality at $ hundreds to thousands less.
$6500, 125 play, ST:Premium modded shipping included, or a $6800 NIB, preferably with shipping included.
People are selling machines more often as their get bored or "cash out" of the hobby, averaging 2-3 years, which was already argued.

A vacation explanation is about as valid as spikes of people buying TAF on Halloween.

If this is disagreed and not highly adversely effecting the market coupled with Stern price testing and other factors, feel free to explain, as I would like to know more for the benefit of everyone.

#28 2 years ago

I want to clarify something that I probably should have said earlier. I've already dropped the price $200 on a game that I felt was fairly priced to begin with. I bought my METLE off of Jaimee for $8,600 and never complained in the least bit. As a matter of fact, I thanked him for giving me a chance to own the hottest game going. So, I reduce the game $200 and then I get 4 PMs asking me if I can go to $8,600. Really?? One person even went so far as to say: "Let me see if I can some up with some more scratch." You need to figure out if you can come up with $200 more on a game that is list price at nearly $8K?

Quite frankly, this is the part I love about being debt free. I had no intention of NOT selling this game. However, when I get low balled for idiotic reasons it just really starts to get annoying.

Anyway, I wanted to clear the air. I REALLY didn't think I would have to write $8,800 "firm" but I guess I'm mistaken.

#29 2 years ago

It'll sell at $8800 and the buyer will thank you IMO people overseas are paying $12K

And if someone wants to pass because of $200 and if they had their heart set on GBLE they'll be sorry. You already dropped the price $200.

#31 2 years ago

As long as you send it in British pounds.

#32 2 years ago

GLWS, I truly mean that.
Supposedly another couple of people just sold their slots.
If somebody wants it, they will certainly buy it, or maybe musical chairs will continue.

#33 2 years ago

I might trade my super nice CV possibly, really wish I could play GB some more before forming a solid opinion

#34 2 years ago

That doesn't really help your argument, it's just another clueless seller. You see crappy D and F level pins for crazy money every so often by people that have no clue how low the market value of the machine is because they saw one "just like it" on a reality show or something sell for big money.

#35 2 years ago

Stern kept price testing the market, and now buyers and operators are starting to back off on the NIB, and go a different direction

I liked your overall post. But, what concrete "proof" do you have of the following statement I have quoted? One example is not proof. 10 cases would be the mandatory minimum. You got thumbs up because it's the current day and age. However, if you are just manipulating facts based on "your opinion" then you are misleading Pinsiders and therefore the public.

So I would ask you to please let us all know how you arrived at the quoted comment above.

Thanks.

#36 2 years ago

You should put "interesting trades considered". It's all about tickling their buying bone.

#37 2 years ago

GLWS, mine arrived 2 days ago. This is a home run for stern.

#38 2 years ago

It's very fairly priced according to others I've seen for sale. I already have a premium on order but otherwise I'd consider it.GLWS!

#39 2 years ago

A much higher percentage of home owners who are selling HUO games with under 2500 plays.
Home ownership has increased significantly in the past 5 years, higher than any time in pinball history.
Buyers have more options.
A LOT more options based on recent titles, this is not RCT times during the reimport period, which had different challenges.
They are choosing to go a different route than NIB.
This is logical human nature, as you can get nearly the same quality at $ hundreds to thousands less.
$6500, 125 play, ST:Premium modded shipping included, or a $6800 NIB, preferably with shipping included.
People are selling machines more often as their get bored or "cash out" of the hobby, averaging 2-3 years, which was already argued.

It's a reasonable argument.

There is really no way to know this. No national statistics are available on private sales of games. If you mean, in your experience or what you are seeing locally and on Pinside, I'll buy that.

I do happen to agree that a pinball market stall is coming, but I don't know when. I'm not sure we will know until it's been here a little while.

#40 2 years ago

Which game is CCC?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

You should put "interesting trades considered". It's all about tickling their buying bone.

Will consider trading for NIB Coleco Fonzie.

#43 2 years ago

I have decided to keep the game after reading a few reviews. All PMs should be responded to. Ad will be de-listed shortly.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside