(Topic ID: 161037)

For sale: Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2016)

By tacshose

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Going_in_Circles_paint_(resized).png
enhanced-3985-1436489838-11_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#30 7 years ago

IMO, if dealers were charging us 10k for the LE, the LE wouldn't even be close to selling out.

#168 7 years ago

Reading this thread, one would think that Stern has never delivered a game before.

Ghostbusters was just announced in March. Everyone will get their games.

Remember, these machines are hand built. The world has gotten faster with the internet and cell phones, but it still takes Stern the same amount of time to build a machine.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't think anyone is afraid of not getting their games. They just need to learn how to communicate. If they are going to advertise a game for sale, and promote it, then they need to be willing to answer some relevant questions. They just have a very crappy attitude towards their customers, which will eventually bite them. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but it will catch up with them somewhere.

But what is there to communicate? It will be the same message every time: "Hey, it takes us a few weeks to put a game into production after we announce it. We have delivered every time. If a couple month wait for you is unacceptable, then we suggest you purchase a machine from one of our competitors....just let us know in a couple years when your machine is finally delivered...if it ever is."

#173 7 years ago

You seem upset that everyone doesn't have in their possession a game that was just announced in March.

Your post is exactly why Stern shouldn't be dealing with the end users one on one.

What's a target production going to accomplish? If I had to guess, Ghostbusters probably already has 3,000 orders. How do you give a target date for that? What happens if their next release is an even bigger hit? Star Treks are still being built 3 years after being introduced.

They can only build them so fast. The world around us has gotten faster, but it still takes the same amount of time to screw a ramp to the playfield as it did 20 years ago.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I guess people just want Stern to give out meaningless dates ando keep pushing them back Seriously I'm sure Stern is doing everything that can to get pins out there door sit back and releax.

Haven't we learned that dates are meaningless? IMO, every other pinball company has made target dates rather meaningless.

Let's look at Stern's track record. They announce game. Few months later, people have the game. What more could anyone ask for?

Secondly, anything that is hand built and travels thousands of miles, may need tweaking. That's just the nature of the beast.

#177 7 years ago

Heres' the thing, Stern is getting their games out the door. They have a world market they are selling too. They can make only so many a day. And those machines are shipped everywhere.

And exactly how should Stern be upfront and honest? I don't think they expected Ghostbusters to be this big of a hit. Thus, causing the schedule to get changed. The message in December is A, then in January it changes to B, then it February it changes to C, then March is D. They are selling 15,000 machines a year (my best guess). Who wants to deal with 15,000 people asking where their machine is. Only reason why JJP can have such a personal relationship with their customers, is because they don't have the volume. If they ever reach 10,000 games a year, kiss that personal relationship gone. Won't be feasible anymore.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

You so make my point with everything you say. So you are just accepting the fact they can disregard you as a customer and just feed you what they want, when they want to. You are just glad to get SOMETHING at a time undetermined. I guess I got to hand it to them, they have managed to cultivate a market of Zombies with money. Would never work in most business models...maybe it does here because it is a game? None of us NEED this stuff, but we all want it......crazy.

What on earth are you talking about????? I have completely destroyed your points. It is a hand built product that takes time to make. The current demand is greater than current production. You act like this has never happened before.

Anyone old enough to remember how hard it was to get a Cabbage Patch Kid? Demand was greater than production. Or how about Super Mario 2 or 3? Same thing. Or even the Wii. Playstation 2 was like that too. Gary doesn't have some magic beans lying around. His machines are built 1 piece at a time by hand. Stern posts videos showing the machines being built. I suggest you take a look at them.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Do you even know how to read? You are stuck on GB delays, and I am talking about customer service.....I should have known better. I need an aspirin. I'm done trying to make my point, you win, Stern is the best thing EVER to come along and Gary is a god. Welcome to the Zombie herd.......

Grow the F up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ghostbusters-premiumle-stern-2016-2018?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.