View topic image gallery

ygn1.jpg
IMG_8792 (resized).PNG
Stern Warranty (resized).png
IMG_0057 (resized).PNG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8774 (resized).PNG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Ghostbusters Limited Edition

Added: 2017-03-03 17:35:46 UTC • Ended: March 14th, 2017
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

$ 9,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for sale is a new inbox Ghostbusters Le pinball machine. The machine is in sterns factory so until its opened we wont know if the playfield has ghosting. My distributor, trent with tilt amusements, said this playfield was one of the last playfields installed so more than likely it has no ghosting. Trent also said if there is ghosting then stern will make it right. For this reason ill lower the price.

Item photos

IMG_8774 (resized).PNG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are epichoff's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to epichoff's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Chicago , IL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

#2 7 years ago

How would you know if there's ghosting/PF issues or not if it's still in the box?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

How would you know if there's ghosting/PF issues or not if it's still in the box?

There is no way to know. Some of the LEs had ghosting and others didn't. It's a total gamble.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Opened the ad to ask the same question. You beat me to it.

#5 7 years ago

My distributor told me this is the later production model with a newer playfield which didn't have ghosting issues.

#6 7 years ago

Epic indeed

#7 7 years ago

So maybe GBLE is a game this is worth more OOB rather than NIB, with a few hundred plays - since that's the only way to really verify the no ghosting?

#8 7 years ago

Uh...I wasn't aware of any late LE runs that fell into the safe playfield period. If there's no ghosting, that's great, but man, I'd be scared.

Quoted from T7:

So maybe GBLE is a game this is worth more OOB rather than NIB, with a few hundred plays - since that's the only way to really verify the no ghosting?

I have an LE, and I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't buy one without being absolutely sure there are no playfield issues.

#9 7 years ago

Updated add after speaking with my distributor.

#10 7 years ago

How about you open it and update the ad?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How about you open it and update the ad?

Why take that risk, leave the ad up and hopefully someone bites for you, worse case they have a bad PF to beat on until Stern sends a new one in 6 months

#12 7 years ago

Im in Louisiana and the machine is in Chicago. Opening it is out of the question. Stern will make it right if there is any ghosting but as I said before this is the later production Playfield which the likelyhod of any ghosting is very low.

#13 7 years ago

$10k ? Is this 8 months ago or a Time Warp?

#14 7 years ago

No need to comment or devalue the price if your not a buyer. This machine is worth the money for someone. Only 250 are in the United States.

#15 7 years ago

Stern always makes it right. Myabe you can get one of these nifty repair kits for a GB LE owner that had a defective play-field that Stern refused to replace. This has to be worth the price of an LE. GLWTS! Should go quick.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

No need to comment or devalue the price if your not a buyer. This machine is worth the money for someone. Only 250 are in the United States.

So you buy it to flip it at a hefty profit , but you don't want any comments that don't support your actions.Interesting perspective.
Hmmm...wonder why there are 13 downvotes already at the beginning of your thread....

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

So you buy it to flip it at a hefty profit , but you don't want any comments that don't support your actions.Interesting perspective.
Hmmm...wonder why there are 13 downvotes already at the beginning of your thread....

Dont assume my motivation. You have no idea why im selling this. I dont want to sell it because it looks like an awesome game but i have no choice. All im saying is if you dont like the machine or price its ok but there is no need to put negative comments on an ad. If you cant say anything positive then nothing needs to be said.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Dont assume my motivation. You have no idea why im selling this. I dont want to sell it because it looks like an awesome game but i have no choice. All im saying is if you dont like the machine or price its ok but there is no need to put negative comments on an ad. If you cant say anything positive then nothing needs to be said.

If you really want to sell it. Price it lower. That simple. A LOT lower. And I own one. A great pin btw.

I'll say this, GBLE is 10x the pin that MG is in its pathetic state of shit, and 1/2 the price.

That said, the pinside dicks won't cut you a break for being ignorant.

On this site, there is NOBODY dumb enough to buy this pin. I say that at the same time the DUMMIES are buying MG for ignorant $$

In any event, they will slash you for trying to pick off a bit of a profit, yet the same DB's will cheer lead MG's going for $40k

#19 7 years ago

Recent games are ghosting too it appears.

Heck Aerosmith has ghosted inserts on Stern's own promo video.

So why would your GB be OK? Because you want $10K?

Stern is not "making it right" when sending customers sandpaper & a bottle of clear.

Also... you won't get much sympathy for being forced to sell the game when your asking price is $10K & it's sorta weird to ask forum members to only make comments that fit your agenda

IMG_0057 (resized).PNGIMG_0057 (resized).PNG

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern cannot be trusted IMO. They aren't "making it right" when sending customers sandpaper & a bottle of clear.

Plus the fact the Curly and the Russians are F ing everything up

Don't trust anything

#21 7 years ago

"You don't need a new PF"

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you really want to sell it. Price it lower. That simple. A LOT lower. And I own one. A great pin btw.
I'll say this, GBLE is 10x the pin that MG is in its pathetic state of shit, and 1/2 the price.
That said, the pinside dicks won't cut you a break for being ignorant.
On this site, there is NOBODY dumb enough to buy this pin. I say that at the same time the DUMMIES are buying MG for ignorant $$
In any event, they will slash you for trying to pick off a bit of a profit, yet the same DB's will cheer lead MG's going for $40k

I appreciate your incite. I did put or best offer on the ad. If someone wont pay $10,000 for this make me an offer, its got to go!!!!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I appreciate your incite. I did put or best offer on the ad. If someone wont pay $10,000 for this make me an offer, its got to go!!!!

If you want it gone take a look at the market archive. It will show you the price these are listing at nib. Most recent ones are in the mid 8's. Nowhere near $10k.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I appreciate your incite.

This made me LOL.

#25 7 years ago

Ok, I see you are open to offers. I am offering $8,000.

Also, what is the serial number.

#26 7 years ago

While I don't agree on flipping there is alot of heat in this FS thread, yet someone listing a TRON LE HUO for $14k and doesn't get half the heat that's in here. Flipping any game whether its NIB or HUO equally hurts future pricing specially when all companies can view it and try to use it to set a new pricing benchmark.

#27 7 years ago

Good luck with sale!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While I don't agree on flipping there is alot of heat in this FS thread, yet someone listing a TRON LE HUO for $14k and doesn't get half the heat that's in here. Flipping any game whether its NIB or HUO equally hurts future pricing specially when all companies can view it and try to use it to set a new pricing benchmark.

totally... I will never support flippers. I do not agree with their motivations of greed.

#29 7 years ago

Words of wisdom, but not against prices or inherent values or lack thereof:

Potential buyers understand the industry.
Understand what you are buying.
Stop feigning ignorance, or being uneducated.
Don't cry "foul".
The warranty process has to change, if you want things to improve as "home consumer electronics device", if this remains the primary market for sales.
Otherwise, you accept the risk, not the manufacturer.
People cannot take anyone in this particular case to court and win either, as a buyer it was accepted the contract within the bill of sale, even if sold aftermarket, or by second hand private owners.
In fact, you have an even WORSE case, than if you bought it from the factory or distributor up front.
A manufacturer "owes" you NOTHING.

ALL NIB games sold by private owners are "as is", "no additional warranty implied", unless an agreement is reached beforehand.
Crack the seal on the box, and it is yours, unless it is a complete disaster in shipping, or a hot mess in the box.
Perhaps this game is still be "moderated" by the distributor, but I have no idea.
Distributors are not always equal in terms of "shielding" or "protection" to a manufacturer, but they do try their best.
This game could be considered "out of tolerance" for the two warranted items as well, but since it is still at the factory, that is not an argument Stern would likely pursue as it has not "shipped" and the clock starts ticking.

BTW, you cannot keep a game NIB indefinately to "avoid having the warranty to lapse" which has already been attempted. There is a reasonable statute of limitations as well in regards to time. It is a new method that owners feign responsibilities through price speculation methods.

If people believe that this is not happening anymore and people all understand, the misinformation is rampant beyond website barriers.

GLWS

Stern Warranty (resized).pngStern Warranty (resized).png

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

If you want it gone take a look at the market archive. It will show you the price these are listing at nib. Most recent ones are in the mid 8's. Nowhere near $10k.

OK then I offer $8500.That's a Positive remark isn't it ?Ready cash...

#31 7 years ago

Gee, I say something nice and ......
Free Bump....

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Words of wisdom, but not against prices or inherent values or lack thereof:
Potential buyers understand the industry.
Understand what you are buying.
Stop feigning ignorance, or being uneducated.
Don't cry "foul".
The warranty process has to change, if you want things to improve as "home consumer electronics device", if this remains the primary market for sales.
Otherwise, you accept the risk, not the manufacturer.
People cannot take anyone in this particular case to court and win either, as a buyer it was accepted the contract within the bill of sale, even if sold aftermarket, or by second hand private owners.
In fact, you have an even WORSE case, than if you bought it from the factory or distributor up front.
A manufacturer "owes" you NOTHING.
ALL NIB games sold by private owners are "as is", "no additional warranty implied", unless an agreement is reached beforehand.
Crack the seal on the box, and it is yours, unless it is a complete disaster in shipping, or a hot mess in the box.
Perhaps this game is still be "moderated" by the distributor, but I have no idea.
Distributors are not always equal in terms of "shielding" or "protection" to a manufacturer, but they do try their best.
This game could be considered "out of tolerance" for the two warranted items as well, but since it is still at the factory, that is not an argument Stern would likely pursue as it has not "shipped" and the clock starts ticking.
If people believe that this is not happening anymore and people all understand, the misinformation is rampant beyond website barriers.
GLWS

I agree. Keep in mind Stern may make things right for the original purchaser, but we don't know how they will feel with a second buyer. That is a private sale, and that person is likely on their own. Unless you can get something in writing (good luck with that) from Stern saying they would cover the playfield, you have no guarantee of anything.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

private sale, and that person is likely on their own. Unless you can get something in writing (good luck with that) from Stern saying they would cover the playfield, you have no guarantee of anything

Great point.

Does anyone know if Stern will warranty the 2nd owner?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Great point.

A lot of 1st owners are struggling to get "warranty" replacement playfields so I wouldn't hold your breathe if your owner 1, 2 or 3.

#35 7 years ago

As a further point of consideration, think about the conditions of a game sale that was "held" at the factory and why the game remained there after it was built but not shipped to the original owner?

I am not going to imply reasons about the justification of why the game is for sale, but there are questions that should be asked regarding aspects of the game circumstances unrelated to condition by any potential buyer prior to agreement.

There are only several arguments this has occurred, and is a private matter.

Do not believe in the concept of "blind faith".
The original owner can not use a distributor (third party) to make promises for a manufacturer to do ANYTHING, as this has no value of any sort in this industry, unless said individual has serious muscle to influence.

There should be a new bill of sale invoice generated as well for a buyer, as the old bill of sale for the new owner is essentially worthless except for validation of the previous owner.

Just ask questions.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Great point.

Stern ignores emails regarding that question

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Plus I wouldn't count on Trent to get any satisfaction if the PF has problems. He never managed to help KPG and his GB had the worst PF issues we've all seen.

#38 7 years ago

2 offers so far. I will make a decision on the highest offer by Wednesday. I think what im asking is fair though considering that mine is new in box. There is one other pinsider selling his for 15,000.

IMG_8792 (resized).PNGIMG_8792 (resized).PNG

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

2 offers so far. I will make a decision on the highest offer by Wednesday ...

There is no decision to make. Your ad says "OBO", so technically you are required to accept the highest offer ...

#40 7 years ago

Geez,let the guy sell his pinball?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Great point, anyone that buys this send the money to Trent and be the first owner. Let Trent forward the profits along to epichoff.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Great point, anyone that buys this send the money to Trent and be the first owner. Let Trent forward the profits along to epichoff.

Good idea I can work something out with Trent once I sell it to the best offer where you pay Trent the full amount and Trent will pay me the what i am owed...

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

... and Trent will pay me the what i am owed...

ygn1.jpgygn1.jpg

#44 7 years ago

Updated price...

#45 7 years ago

Think my GBLE is around game #450 and no ghosting issues. So I imagine later games should be OK.

#46 7 years ago

Sold !!!

#47 7 years ago

How much did it go for?

#48 7 years ago

Didnt get what i was asking but i made a fair deal with the buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ghostbusters-limited-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.