121_4743 (resized).JPG
121_4742 (resized).JPG
121_4741 (resized).JPG
121_4740 (resized).JPG
121_4739 (resized).JPG
121_4738 (resized).JPG
121_4737 (resized).JPG
121_4736 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Getaway: High Speed II, The

Added: 2018-12-11 23:25:03 UTC • Ended: December 22nd, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 3,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

Sadly I didn't have time to get this moved to the garage today but since I promised several people I would have it listed today I wanted to get a listing up. Pictures suck because our basement isn't a good place for machine pictures but I did what I could. Tomorrow once machine is moved to the garage I'll post all new pictures!

Anyway this one has been in the collection for about 5 or 6 years and has always played flawlessly. As far as shopping it I really don't remember if I shopped it when we bought it or not but it should likely be done again anyway.

Price is "fairly firm" but if you can grab it fairly quickly I can work with you a little on price. Better pictures will be posted tomorrow late afternoon or evening!

Item photos

121_4736 (resized).JPG
121_4737 (resized).JPG
121_4738 (resized).JPG
121_4739 (resized).JPG
121_4740 (resized).JPG
121_4741 (resized).JPG
121_4742 (resized).JPG
121_4743 (resized).JPG
121_4744 (resized).JPG
121_4745 (resized).JPG
121_4746 (resized).JPG
121_4748 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.34
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50

#2 5 years ago

OK haters have at it! "Overpriced for unshopped" - "can't sell it without pictures" - "pictures suck" - "I sold a nicer one 5 years ago for a lot less" - did I miss anything?

Machine is listed as promised! Pictures suck because I didn't have time to move it to the garage today. Machine will be in the garage tomorrow and better pictures will be posted then unless it rains! Maybe now some of you guys will understand why I hate listing machines that are in our basement. I can't get a decent picture down here to save my ass!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

LOL, that is pretty funny, posting F.S. and within 4 minutes going on an unsolicited rant..

Just sick of a few guys giving me a bunch of shit every time I try to do something here on Pinside. Bad day today with a couple "haters" so I figured I would get some of the BS off the table right up front for a change.

If you follow my post on Pinside it is the same dozen or so guys constantly giving me a hard time about something. Day after day that gets old.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Overpriced for unshopped

And here is the first of one of the regulars!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean your pictures literally look .like shit...is this a meta post or something?

That is EXACTLY why I keep saying in my machines for sale post I need to move machines to the garage before I take pictures.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm thinking you meant to type a 2 instead of 3 to start your price.

Another of the regulars!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Let the man thin the herd so he can get another herd.

EXACTLY! Not how I want to spend my Winter but if I don't save that warehouse full of machines they will all be headed to a landfill somewhere in Virginia. Seller only wants to deal with me or they are going into dumpsters. He is a multi-millionaire so it isn't about money to him. He just wants an easy transaction with someone he can trust and has decided that guy is me.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You know your photos aren't that bad to me. Leave the machine where it's at. I think if you remove the glass, you'll have better photos of the playfield. But you have good shots of the cabinet, backbox and shooter lane. Need the coin door.

I have to move the machine to the garage before we get snow anyway or it will be trapped in the basement until Spring. We live in a raised ranch house and hills on both ends of the house are impossible once we have snow & ice on the ground.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

The market will speak..as simple as that. All I know is my unshopped Getaway wasn't $3200 and the last nice one I sold wasn't near that price either.
As a current owner, if they are selling at $3200 then mine will be for sale.

As I have said on almost every post about machines I have for sale - "I do not need to sell these machines -- I am offering them for sale if anyone is interested". Once I get it moved to the garage I'll look it over and figure out if I shopped it since we bought it. With dozens of machines bought and sold over the past couple years I gave up a long time ago trying to keep track of which ones I did what to.

When I buy a machine if they needed to be shopped I shop them - if they don't need to be shopped I do what "normal people used to do" and play them.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Apparently the east coast market...cause I've never seen a Getaway that hasn't been a big time restore sell for for more than 3k....

Quoted from ejacques:

The market will speak..as simple as that. All I know is my unshopped Getaway wasn't $3200 and the last nice one I sold wasn't near that price either.
As a current owner, if they are selling at $3200 then mine will be for sale.

What always amazes me here on Pinside is there are so many experts that "know" values on machines for sale who always seem to have something to say about peoples selling prices that are clueless. Since I got home from my vacation about two weeks ago I have put a total of 12 machines up for sale. Some posted here and others never even got posted because my local customers grabbed them before I even had a chance to list them. Of those 12 machines 2 are sold and gone, two are paid for waiting for buyers to pick them up 4 are "sale pending" here on Pinside (waiting for me to deliver them if I decide to make my trip South) and I have solid offers on two others. If my pending sale guys all follow through and I can work out a deal with the guy that has solid offers on the other two I will have sold 10 of the 12 machines I put up for sale in less than two weeks.

SO I GUESS THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN! Maybe you guys that know it all should learn how to get something accomplished instead of wasting time posting and trying to blow smoke up peoples asses!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

QTIP..... seriously. You have the option to list games for sale without a forum posting. If you arent in a hurry to sell them like you state, you dont need the good and bad constant exposure to keep your sale on the front page. I would think someone who has experienced as much life as you have, has figured out how to not give a shit about random strangers opinions by now.

To be very honest I love the "action" here. First off when I am taking breaks from working my ass off to rest my bad back, feet & legs responding to some of those people can be a lot of fun. Secondly my local guys know who I am / how I do business / and what I am all about and those are the only guys a care about.

Since I have been in the hobby I have had only 3 goals.

First is to constantly keep upgrading our collection by buying and selling machines.
Second save as many machines as possible and get them to people who will do something with them.
And lastly help as many people as I can along the way.

If anyone pulls up my feedbacks here or on eBay under PINJUNK they can see that is what I am doing.

What I don't want is a 'stash" of machines just sitting. Once we decide something isn't for us I want to see it going to someone who will enjoy it.

My user name here "too-many-pins" is referring to my parts machines. Sadly they have not been getting processed anywhere near as quickly as I would like. That is why I decided to put that business up for sale last week. Trying to find someone who has the time to do the parts right and keep stuff moving. I think I have found that guy now I am just waiting to see what he decides. He has the IDEA situation - free warehouse space and lots of free help with plenty of spare time to be doing it. I am just hoping he feels like the business is right for him because he is right for the business!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If it wasn't before, it is now. That being the case, GLWS..... Enjoy arguing online with random strangers. Seems like a weird part of the hobby to enjoy, but whatever gets you off I guess.....

I am a big guy who needs to take fairly frequent breaks from standing. Replying to post here & responding to emails gets me off my feet about 25% of the time I am working. I am in my mid 60's and my typical day starts around 5AM and ends around 1AM. On the average I work about 16 or 17 hours a day. At my age & with my size if I wasn't sitting down that least 25% of each day I would be in much worse shape! Pinside provides an excuse for me to sit!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The sale forum threads are always somewhat toxic but that doesn't seem to impede the sale of deserving games.
Even ones priced slightly above people's comfort zones-

I think the mistake a lot of people that do not have business experience or an education in business make is they ASSUME sellers set the price of something. In business it doesn't work that way (or at least in a free market society it doesn't work that way). BUYERS ARE THE ONES THAT SET PRICES.

Once something is offered for sale to all boils down to how bad a seller wants to sell and how bad the buyer wants that item. If seller sets a price low the demand is insane - one person is very happy and a lot of other people are bitching they missed that deal. If a seller sets a price too high the item sits unsold. The "sweet spot" is the price that both a seller & buyer can agree on that makes everyone happy. That is the spot I am always looking for when buying or selling!

If you want the best example of this watch produce prices at your local market. If supply is up and demand down they are giving that item away. Pumpkins the day after Halloween is a great example! You can buy a Pumpkin that was priced at $9.95 two days earlier for $1 and most of them still get tossed in the garbage. Those pumpkins still make a great pumpkin pie but not enough people bake pumpkin pies to use all the unsold pumpkins.

Pinball machines are kind of like a Pumpkin two weeks before Halloween right now. 10 years ago you could pick up a great deal on most titles if you were willing to wait. These days the demand is insane and the supply is limited so prices keep going up. It isn't rocket science and it isn't going to change until demand drops sometime down the road. Since around 2014 it has been a sellers market when it comes to pinball machines!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

So set your prices lower. For instance, If I were to be in the market for a Getaway HSII, I'd want a nice machine, with color on the cabinet, not many battle scars, rebuilt mechs and shopped out somewhat in order to pay $3200.00. Yes the market dictates prices but condition is King. Did you pay anywhere near 3200.00 for this, I hope not and I doubt it. You said in one of your last threads you weren't in it as a business but for the hobby so sell it close to what you bought it for in todays fair market averages as per its condition, especially since it appears you really haven't done anything to it. Then it would definitely sell. That is how you sell machines to "Clear Space". I commend you for getting machines out there but price them accordingly and the negative comments will turn to positive ones on how Skip is the man! Just my two cents. - Or, post them in the Market only and not as a forum topic for discussion.

If you take a look at post from people who know me or who have done business with me you will see comments like "Skip is the man" already. I don't need to give stuff away to get comments like that I just try to be fair with both sellers & buyers and I already get plenty of those.

And if my prices are so out of line how is it I sell machines pretty much as fast as I list them (without shipping)? Maybe it would dawn on you guys that knowing me and doing business with me is very different than the BS posted here on Pinside.

As I have said many times on other post - I am in my mid 60's and have been in the business of buying and selling since I was around 12 or 13. So with 50+ years of experience that has 50+ years of positive results why would I change how I do things now? Just to keep a few people who would likely never do business with me anyway happy. By the time I was 13 years old I already had more experience buying and selling collectables then half the people posting on Pinside. I sold part of my Lionel train collection when I was in my early 20's and paid cash for my first house. I am not new to how to market and sell items!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is sounding all too familiar. Do you have a relative on Pinside?
[quoted image]

It should some people keep trying to put me through the same bull shit every time I post something. If you are implying I have a "big head" again if you knew me personally you would know better. I just say it the way it is! Semi retired at 51 years old and have traveled all over the US, have two great kids, I am very happy and semi healthy so life is good. I am not going to let a few "haters" here on Pinside change any of that.

If I am so wrong in how I do things how do I keep having machines come to me when I am not even trying to buy and keep selling them as fast as I get them. The facts are -- I am fair and honest with both sellers & buyers and people who know me know that. Yet a few jealous & clueless people here on Pinside keep mocking me?

Time to move a couple more machines then I'll be back! That is a promise & a warning!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

FWIW, This one was offered to me for $2300. https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54537639
I'm picking up one nicer than both of these for $2500 this weekend...

I am happy for you! It is always nice to get a great deal! Kind of like finding a Turkey on sale the week you are looking for a turkey. But I really don't see what you getting lucky finding a cheap machines over 2000 miles west of me has to do with this listing? There was also one listed here on Pinside this week for $1200!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Thanks, this will be the first pin I'll own twice. I only miss this one and a couple of others.

Great machine - lots of fun - we are just downsizing from over 30 machines in the collection to about 5 or 7 while getting ready to head in different directions in our lives. Bottom line is our machines don't get play enough to justify the space they take up or the money we have invested in them.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Okay that was funny!! I think the OP missed the Baywatch thread, joke went right over his head.

I follow very little that goes on here on Pinside other than what is local to me - plus trying to support our local shows and help my pinball neighbors. Other than that I try to support people who have been a huge asset to the pinball community like Tim at PHOF, Clay & his VFW, Steve Young at Pinball Resource and some of the other guys that we saving machines long before this hobby even really existed. Then once in a while another thread will catch my eye but I just don't have hours to read & comment on every thread like some people here do.

In any event sorry the joke went over my head.

#50 5 years ago

I am fairly sure this one is sold but I have not finalized the deal yet so I am not marking it sale pending until I am fairly sure to is sold. I have done that too many times in the past.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 40.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-getaway-high-speed-ii-the-46?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.