Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

42F967BE-52CC-4E68-B943-379B8D3DC5A2 (resized).jpeg
pinside  (resized).jpg
D6458567-8F30-43D1-AE43-1CADC0122D68 (resized).jpeg
FE59F59A-04B4-42EB-AA32-67B172FE8E9E (resized).jpeg
9849F795-6CA0-45F7-B3F2-18FC3F5D0277 (resized).jpeg
886C1A64-5CED-4D45-9E59-2E210448956F (resized).jpeg
9A8A115D-0221-402E-A8A0-B9B8EE17B05C (resized).jpeg
hitch (resized).jpg
f1740541bf27bd86dd66b466426e7e346fd9fde4 (resized).jpg
e58548455eb31aa272a2a60efb6ffdcd5172e191 (resized).jpg
c75194867006db8afb0337f027784fe2d4f3da86 (resized).jpg
cc19dab85371a12f4a721dcb034a057841346203 (resized).jpg
e49297aac78620e54e76409a6348f76d520822e6 (resized).jpg
c54b0fe828f608cd489611cd1d3aae202f236d76 (resized).jpg
b286497d604f13c2c19c3dc2066301d02bf283ff (resized).jpg
b056cf355a0c7e4119c9bce880de9658110f75ad (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago

Thanks, Buddy. I know I'm gonna be keeping some pins in my line up anyhow and seriously considering just keeping both the Shadow and Getaway as they are better examples of great pins than I'm ever likely to find elsewhere. I don't mind paying the premium for awesome shaped pins but understand many don't.

#52 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Nice game for sure. New cabinet decals, actual ZZ Top songs, mini LCD mod and easily $2k in chrome. And Darin is a great guy to deal with.

Slightly off topic but $2800AU in chrome? Damn you guys up there are getting bent over on chrome work pricing.

I can't even remember a machine that cost me more than $900 in total for chromework and that's doing everything using a third party business coupled with our more than generous Aussie labour remuneration laws (90% of good plating is the post chemical process labour polishing work).

If chromework cost that much more down here I wouldn't even bother on anything less than an A list machine as it gets impossible to convince the buyer the added value is there.

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thats good. Because you are basically buying this game for the price of two.

OH SNAP!

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Slightly off topic but $2800AU in chrome? Damn you guys up there are getting bent over on chrome work pricing.
I can't even remember a machine that cost me more than $900 in total for chromework and that's doing everything using a third party business coupled with our more than generous Aussie labour remuneration laws (90% of good plating is the post chemical process labour polishing work).
If chromework cost that much more down here I wouldn't even bother on anything less than an A list machine as it gets impossible to convince the buyer the added value is there.

What the pictures don’t show is just how much the previous owner (before me) had chromed. Not just the coindoor, lockdown, legs, rails, and wireforms. Stuff like the backglass lift, the piece the speaker panel sits in, the entire Supercharger, all the guide rails, the up/down ball lock ramp you can’t even see..nearly every metal piece on the top side of the playfield.

#55 9 months ago

Here’s a few pics from the owner before me that had all the work done. Look at all the chrome done by Mike Chestnut.

886C1A64-5CED-4D45-9E59-2E210448956F (resized).jpeg9849F795-6CA0-45F7-B3F2-18FC3F5D0277 (resized).jpegD6458567-8F30-43D1-AE43-1CADC0122D68 (resized).jpegFE59F59A-04B4-42EB-AA32-67B172FE8E9E (resized).jpeg
#56 9 months ago

I remember stopping by Mike's when he was packing that order. He was grumbling about how much stuff it was and how HEP just sent him everything top and bottom side to brass for an IJ lol. Such a great guy and what a character, he sure is missed.

Very pretty pin, just have to find that select buyer looking for something blinged out.

#57 9 months ago

LOL I would never sell a game here. Too many criticizing dicks hiding in anonymity.

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from rx3:

LOL I would never sell a game here. Too many criticizing dicks hiding in anonymity.

pinside (resized).jpg
#59 9 months ago

Just consider this, "Everyone can't be wrong so you may have to consider it is you who is wrong" .Simple fact of life.
-Mike

#60 9 months ago

Take a look at my hs2 I just posted for sale. There's a major difference in the 3 pop area. Is yours repainted or is that original? Also is yours a diamond plate? Is that standard or am I a lucky one.I love the chrome add ons you have done, I was thinking of doing some carbon fiber mods if I keep this one. Chrome is out of my payscale.

#61 9 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Just consider this, "Everyone can't be wrong so you may have to consider it is you who is wrong" .Simple fact of life.
-Mike

Wrong.

#62 9 months ago

What the pictures don’t show is just how much the previous owner (before me) had chromed. Not just the coindoor, lockdown, legs, rails, and wireforms. Stuff like the backglass lift, the piece the speaker panel sits in, the entire Supercharger, all the guide rails, the up/down ball lock ramp you can’t even see..nearly every metal piece on the top side of the playfield.

It sounds like he did a great job and I know Mike isn't around anymore to explain his pricing structure as it is.

What I do know after shopping around locally is that pricing between platers can vary quite drastically depending on whether the plater charges on a per piece basis or on the total amount of area the pieces take up in a plating bath regardless of the number of pieces in the load.

The benefit of the latter way is it doesn't matter whether it is a visible part such as a wireform or a rarely seen part such as the metal power box inside the cabinet they all get treated in the same manner as part of the whole batch with one total price.

#63 9 months ago

bling bling

#64 9 months ago
Quoted from rx3:

Thats true but people really like to over pay here so it's a little Ying and yang

#65 9 months ago

I dunno bud, why pinsiders feel the need to pipe up to individual sellers with derogatory remarks while places like Great American Pinball advertises even less pin, for more money here and it's perfectly acceptable.

Is 5500 on the high side? Yeah. It is. But it is a one of a kind machine and I'm jealous I cant afford to buy it without having to weigh the economic values. Sold mine for 3300 a year or so ago and regret it often. GLWS

#66 9 months ago

Mama wants a back patio and those don't come cheap.

Won't somebody step up and help make her dreams a reality?

#67 9 months ago

If the seller isn't willing to settle for something between 5500 and 3300, it's just going to sit. The problem with the chrome is that you will have to find someone that is willing to pay for it. It's an expensive add-on that does not improve gameplay.

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Take a look at my hs2 I just posted for sale. There's a major difference in the 3 pop area. Is yours repainted or is that original? Also is yours a diamond plate?

I was wondering about that area too. It looks like colored mylar protector rings to me.

#69 9 months ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

...why pinsiders feel the need to pipe up to individual sellers with derogatory remarks while places like Great American Pinball advertises even less pin, for more money here and it's perfectly acceptable.

I had to look it up to find out it was GAP, but I call out retailers with too high prices as well.

#70 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I had to look it up to find out it was GAP, but I call out retailers with too high prices as well.

Right on pal. I mean they have a 5900 dollar monopoly up for sale. Wtf? And this guy gets heat over a reasonable albeit pricey blinged out game? Makes no sense.

#71 9 months ago

Seems like a common theme for some who simply like to pee on other’s threads. Great looking game!

42F967BE-52CC-4E68-B943-379B8D3DC5A2 (resized).jpeg
#72 9 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If the seller isn't willing to settle for something between 5500 and 3300, it's just going to sit. The problem with the chrome is that you will have to find someone that is willing to pay for it. It's an expensive add-on that does not improve gameplay.

I disagree. Be patient and give it time, this pin will sell. Maybe not for asking price, but more than $3.3K

#73 9 months ago

I think you agreed.

#74 9 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I disagree. Be patient and give it time, this pin will sell. Maybe not for asking price, but more than $3.3K

Totally agree. It may not go for $5500 but it will be way above $3300. If it was my top game, i'd pay the extra money and save myself the work.

#75 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Retail is different - most offer a warranty and give you a known place to get the game repaired, and a “guy to call” if something happens. That’s worth $$

#76 9 months ago

Here’s a few pics from the owner before me that had all the work done. Look at all the chrome done by Mike Chestnut.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe state that in the ad.
Best man out there did the chrome work on this game.
His work speaks volumes on its own.
I just put his brass work on my IJ I’ve had here for years.
Looks amazing
If that game was here I know a few guys who would have bought it by now.
Good luck

#77 9 months ago

Thanks for the interest and good discussion.

I think the pop area are some colored Mylar rings. There is also some cool lighting effects with the additional blue flashers next to the beacon.

YouTube videos of some of the sounds and lighting here:

Moving day is today. Game is packed up along with rest of collection and heading to new house. \

Dropping price to $5,300.

#78 9 months ago

Like the pinsound orchestration! Hope it sells and mama gets her new patio!

#79 9 months ago

I don't care for some of the sounds / music on this game but with the pinsound upgrade, it changes everything. I keep finding myself looking that this thread. Very nice looking example.

Maybe I missed it but this this a original playfield? Can you post some pics of the inside of the cabniet?

#80 9 months ago

I need to set the game back up after the move. Hopefully by later this week I can get her set up and more detailed photos taken.

#81 9 months ago

Great looking machine !! I have a Getaway that i have totally restored with a new playfield and have been offered 5000.00 cad for it. Granted Canadian pricing is totally different than American pricing. Someone WILL come close to your asking price eventually as it will be their grail pin and will pay top dollar for one that pretty much needs nothing. This is assuming that the playfield is mint. GLWTS !!

#82 9 months ago

Hey that’s my old Getaway!

Damn I miss it. I literally had every piece possible chromed because I’m insane. The list of mods and improvements is long as hell. Pinblades, new bumpers, colored Mylar rings, chrome pop covers, new plastics and plastic protectors, LEDs under the plastics, turn key start button mod, new cabinet decals....so much more.

I lost money when I sold it. Haha seems like Wes gets a turn with most of my games. Just a matter of time till he gets my Iron Man.

#83 9 months ago

I dunno bud, why pinsiders feel the need to pipe up to individual sellers with derogatory remarks while places like Great American Pinball advertises even less pin, for more money here and it's perfectly acceptable.
Is 5500 on the high side? Yeah. It is. But it is a one of a kind machine and I'm jealous I cant afford to buy it without having to weigh the economic values. Sold mine for 3300 a year or so ago and regret it often. GLWS

and you even did good getting $3300 for it.

#84 9 months ago

grinder901 nice work on the HS2! I remember you talking about it a couple years ago. You had all that work done abut the time of Mike Chesnutt's accident I recall. The game came out fantastic!

#85 9 months ago

Here’s some YouTube videos I uploaded of the game after all the work I did to it:

#86 9 months ago

Couldn't have said it better. I love the hypocrisy, slam a seller for high restored machine. Yet pinball reseller businesses get a free a pass selling over inflated machines that are advertised as being "shopped out."

#87 8 months ago

Grinder, you did an amazing job! Finally getting settled in after the move and starting to set up pins. Tempting to just keep them all. New basement could probably fit 20 without too much trouble.

#88 8 months ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Couldn't have said it better. I love the hypocrisy, slam a seller for high restored machine. Yet pinball reseller businesses get a free a pass selling over inflated machines that are advertised as being "shopped out."

People shit all over GAP too. So dont worry, this is an equal opportunity crap fest.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside