View topic image gallery

7c9a19a92db63c222967894f669d0980.jpg
81651a9fb5428586ff4479092a7a8f52_1.jpg
81651a9fb5428586ff4479092a7a8f52.jpg
first_car.jpg
image.jpg
425802.jpg
11988690_10153569430404244_8900219635938559055_n.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

This hobby is ruined by people with alot of cash.

I think it gets ruined by negative people. Fortunately there are only a few.

#152 8 years ago

There is truth in the fact that once a machine is barely out and Stern already pre sold hundred because of the hype they might let us down on codes and support because the results in sale is there. If we would wait longer and have more self control maybe they would up their game a little if not big time before coming out with a product.

As soon a machine seems in trouble they come out with a few back to back code updates or will have a guy like Karl Urban coming in for a few callouts ( I love Karl and his work so no bashing there ). So there is truth in that.

But mannnnnnnn .........do I love the hype and excitement of a new pin and speculate on what it could be or have on it. And I love reading your posts on that matter guys. So I think by definition pinball players on pinside are optimistic people with high hopes and always looking for the next thrill. It's in our nature....so why is that a bad thing ?

#153 8 years ago

LE MSRP will be $9k

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE MSRP will be $9k

For reference...

- WWE LE MSRP: $8595
- KISS LE MSRP: $8795
- GoT LE MSRP: $8995 (probably)

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE MSRP will be $9k

Thanks

Hahaha almost cryied seeing your Garry Stern look alike on the hot chick boob avatar. Very funny

#156 8 years ago

What's the real price gonna be for an LE?

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well in Canada Kiss LE was $12,500 so I'm guessing up here it will be $14,000

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well in Canada Kiss LE was $12,500 so I'm guessing up here it will be $14,000

A few distributors in Canada take advantage of the scarcity here. Since I found out that it cost me less to buy a pin from California, have it ship in my home, broker fees and duties import fees paid.

Imagine less than a distributor 15 minutes from my house

He can keep his machines from now on

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

A few distributors in Canada take advantage of the scarcity here. Since I found out that it cost me less to buy a pin from California, have it ship in my home, broker fees and duties import fees paid.
Imagine less than a distributor 15 minutes from my house
He can keep his machines from now on

Be careful what you post. There is only one distributor in California. I made the mistake of telling Michael at Montreal starburst I was buying from a California distributor and he wrote an email to Stern complaining about it and he ruined my deal with the distributor. That's why I will NEVER deal with Michael again! USA distributors aren't allowed to sell to Canada, but I'm glad they do

#160 8 years ago

I'd be more interested to know the price for the Premium.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE MSRP will be $9k

Bazinga. I know that isn't street, but ouch.

#162 8 years ago

Can you drive to the U.S. from Canada, buy a pin, and take it home for what you paid? I'm not saying you would but asking if you could.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you drive to the U.S. from Canada, buy a pin, and take it home for what you paid? I'm not saying you would but asking if you could.

Yes I suppose we could but we'd be nailed with tax and heavy duties at the boarder it would be better shipped to your door for sure!

#164 8 years ago

Be careful what you post. There is only one distributor in California. I made the mistake of telling Michael at Montreal starburst I was buying from a California distributor and he wrote an email to Stern complaining about it and he ruined my deal with the distributor. That's why I will NEVER deal with Michael again! USA distributors aren't allowed to sell to Canada, but I'm glad they do

Don't worry my source is safe lol. I named California just as an example to illustrate it's almost West Coast all the way to the Eastern Coast. And that would be less than a guy in my own Province.....but not really 15 min distance lol

But thanks for the advice.

#165 8 years ago

I'm curious now....does Micheal last name starts with a B ?

If so I might have a story for you lol

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm curious now....does Micheal last name starts with a B ?
If so I might have a story for you lol

Yes I think so. The only Michael at Montreal starburst anyway. Please PM me the story, always happy to hear a story about that knob.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

But.... Dont you guys see stern is taking advantage of the rich pinmates under us?
They are ripping you off! Big time!

...i cant believe you would support that. I just cant.

I agree. You can't see it. Perhaps you assume that everyone else should see it your way? It's a big world out there and lots of people see things differently. No big deal.

Quoted from paul_8788:

Buying an LE right out of the gate makes no sense. No idea of real gameplay, no idea of what issues might show up in manufacturing, months long waits for up to date code. Knowing all of this, if GoT looks awesome I seriously consider taking the plunge even with the CDN dollar the way it is.

Why? Because pinball is fun. Because I have the money. What I choose to do with my money is my business and no one else's business.
For every person in this thread who thinks buying an LE is stupid there are probably one million people who think buying a pin of any kind is a gigantic waste of cash, so to each their own.
I will promise though, if I do buy an LE I won't be on here whining about minor issues and early code.

I pretty much agree with this whole comment. Except I live in 'Merica!

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

General rule of thumb is to knock ~$1k off the MSRP for "real" price. Still way too much if it's still a DMD game IMO.

#169 8 years ago

Yes I think so. The only Michael at Montreal starburst anyway. Please PM me the story, always happy to hear a story about that knob.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I agree. You can't see it. Perhaps you assume that everyone else should see it your way? It's a big world out there and lots of people see things differently. No big deal.

Yeah... Cause i imagine woz has a higher bom then any stern le.

Facepalm....

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

General rule of thumb is to knock ~$1k off the MSRP for "real" price. Still way too much if it's still a DMD game IMO.

It is.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's too much of it IS a DMD game.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's too much of it IS a DMD game.

Yeh that's what I said.

#174 8 years ago

I'm in for a pro......stern will have my money again ....

#175 8 years ago

There is only one distributor in California.

Don't worry man, that's not true. Nothing but love to Gio, but Refinery is just the only one that hangs out on Pinside, not the only distributor in the state.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

People shouldn't even be buying shit they haven't played, more or less haven't even seen. I thought this forum was getting smarter?

people will continue to do so... not me. : P

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You big braggart! Wish I had a shitbox as nice as that.

I'm tired of Cflank bragging about his friggin Tron scores....if that's not pulling it out of your pants!

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Money keeps this hobby alive and allows for new games / companies to survive. This is a rich mans hobby now. 8k toys guys. Not cheap at all! But those with money buy and those with a little less can buy a nice huo shortly after. The circle of pinball life.

I meant to say collecting NIB is now a rich man's hobby. Plenty of amazing games for a lot less to keep the hobby alive for a lot more people. But damn NIB pins are getting near 10K soon. Gonna happen.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I meant to say collecting NIB is now a rich man's hobby. Plenty of amazing games for a lot less to keep the hobby alive for a lot more people. But damn NIB pins are getting near 10K soon. Gonna happen.

It may, or it may not happen. It depends on where the prices are when the sales fall off a cliff. Obviously we are not there yet, so they keep raising the price a bit each release. Each price increase makes up for its own lost sales. 200 bucks more profit per game means you can make less of them (lowering cost), and still make the same profit. But at some point the equation flips. At that point say "Hey, we are dropping our price". Until they find that line, prices will go up.

#180 8 years ago

If the stock market declines, economy slows down, NIB sales will start falling pretty fast. Pinball is highly elastic.

Good news is that with all the production of new games, this is having the opposite effect on used games as some people sell used games to buy new. More games, more choices, lower prices on used.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

If the stock market declines, economy slows down, NIB sales will start falling pretty fast. Pinball is highly elastic.
Good news is that with all the production of new games, this is having the opposite effect on used games as some people sell used games to buy new. More games, more choices, lower prices on used.

Tell that to all the B-title games that are booming in price. Congo, RBION, Shadow and BSD. I think that due to these higher prices on NIB's, people like myself have been searching for these 'bang for your buck' games. Only to find them more scarce and inflating in price with every sale.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Tell that to all the B-title games that are booming in price. Congo, RBION, Shadow and BSD. I think that due to these higher prices on NIB's, people like myself have been searching for these 'bang for your buck' games. Only to find them more scarce and inflating in price with every sale.

IMO the ones closest to NIB prices will fall first as people can sell them and get close to NIB ie. TAF, STTNG., TZ , TSPP, and the ones where they are making VE version the used version prices are dropping like a rock, IM, SM (rumored).

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Over time the number of 90's and before pinball games is flat (not being made) decreasing (lost in storage lockers or destroyed). Population increases, number of collectors (even if small) increases way past where it was in the 90's and before. Many existing games get "restored" and prices go up when they sell them. The market is getting full, but I don't see many fire sales coming up. Maybe a few companies going out of business.

#184 8 years ago

$9000 does seem steep... whether or not DMD doesn't bother me near as much anymore.. I mean really during fast game play do you ever get to look up and see what's going on during Woz... a glance at best or during a ball break... LCD's really about entertaining others that are watching... if the pf is elaborate/fun, nice artwork/colors.. top it off with at least some original call outs/ones that make sense like in ST...and it's a SR pin.. I'll still do it!

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

$9000 does seem steep... whether or not DMD doesn't bother me near as much anymore.. I mean really during fast game play do you ever get to look up and see what's going on during Woz... a glance at best or during a ball break... LCD's really about entertaining others that are watching... if the pf is elaborate/fun, nice artwork/colors.. top it off with at least some original call outs/ones that make sense like in ST...and it's a SR pin.. I'll still do it!

...ugh...me too

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Newsflash. Collecting nib or any pinball machines was always a "rich mans" hobby

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Newsflash. Collecting nib or any pinball machines was always a "rich mans" hobby

Newsflash...how much was TRON LE NIB?

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I paid $7,200 taxes in for mine. Mind you that's Canadian.

I'd say that was rich person's territory. I just happened to come into some cash right around then.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

$9000 does seem steep...

I think prices are well beyond the point where they could be described as "steep"

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I could have had Tron LE for $5350 shipped w/ a shaker. I passed because I didn't like the movie lol

When I started collecting NIB games were $3600-4000. Most 90's B/W games were $1-3k (MM was the top at $5-6k). Any way you cut it, pinball is not a frivolous purchase - it's always been a hobby for people with a little cash to burn. Yes, $9k is getting a little f*cking nuts, but it's still not out of the realm of what people in this hobby used to spend (albeit on 2 or 3 games instead of 1).

The thing hooks you into spending this crazy money on pins is that you can more or less get it back. Your chances of value going up when the game costs $8k NIB is less...but you can still probably sell it a few years later for ~$7k. You're not totally out of that cash....and that's why NIB games will still sell, even at crazy high stupid prices.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Don't count on it. Pin prices went up briskly during the great recession.

#192 8 years ago

"Rich Man's Hobby". LOL.

Yes, there are people that can't afford to buy NIB. I'm one of the guys who will *maybe* get to buy a NIB once or twice, if ever.

It doesn't make me angry that other people can buy every LE NIB sight-unseen, though. I'm really happy that someone gets to enjoy that.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The thing hooks you into spending this crazy money on pins is that you can more or less get it back. Your chances of value going up when the game costs $8k NIB is less...but you can still probably sell it a few years later for ~$7k. You're not totally out of that cash....and that's why NIB games will still sell, even at crazy high stupid prices.

^This. Although second hand HUO buyers are sparser at $7k than $6k or $5k. When that NIB purchaser starts losing $2k to $3k on each game is when they'll slow their roll on buying everything that comes out.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

it's always been a hobby for people with a little cash to burn.

It is, but it isn't. Sure, you have to have cash to put up to buy it initially. But unless something catastrophic happens while you own it, you tend to get either most or all of your money back or better. So, in a sense, your high-priced pin is really on loan to you. You can't beat that in any other hobby that I can think of.

#195 8 years ago

For all the crap you have to go through with incomplete code, Stern really has thier shit together. Announce a pin, see the pin in a short time frame and be able to buy it a short while later. Not a bad formula for success. I hope GoT is a great pin.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It is, but it isn't. Sure, you have to have cash to put up to buy it initially. But unless something catastrophic happens while you own it, you tend to get either most or all of your money back or better. So, in a sense, your high-priced pin is really on loan to you. You can't beat that in any other hobby that I can think of.

You realize that if you actually quoted his entire post that he said the same thing?

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I could have had TRON LE for $5350 shipped w/ a shaker. I passed because I didn't like the movie lol
When I started collecting NIB games were $3600-4000. Most 90's B/W games were $1-3k (MM was the top at $5-6k). Any way you cut it, pinball is not a frivolous purchase - it's always been a hobby for people with a little cash to burn. Yes, $9k is getting a little f*cking nuts, but it's still not out of the realm of what people in this hobby used to spend (albeit on 2 or 3 games instead of 1).

I remember passing on Big bang bar for 6k because I thought the price was LUDICROUS!

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You realize that if you actually quoted his entire post that he said the same thing?

Yep. Pretty much.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When that NIB purchaser starts losing $2k to $3k on each game is when they'll slow their roll on buying everything that comes out.

This is so true. People may actually play a game before buying it!

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

People may actually play a game before buying it!

81651a9fb5428586ff4479092a7a8f52.jpg81651a9fb5428586ff4479092a7a8f52.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-game-of-thrones-le-now-taking-deposits/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.