Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191231_152402 (resized).jpg
20191231_152434 (resized).jpg
20191231_152512 (resized).jpg
20191231_152521 (resized).jpg
20191231_152531 (resized).jpg
20191230_163312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moto_bone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Gamatron

Added: 2019-12-31 20:02:28 UTC
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I thought it used the Bally/Stern boardset since it was basically a slimmed down Flight 2000.

This is the Sonic version. Totally different board sets. The play field is covered in a sheet of lexan. Game plays lightening fast.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Half your asking price.

Any previous sale data I can use for pricing?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Price pending what some one is willing to pay for the rarity
It’s quite similar to flight 2000 so price it according to those
$2k I be interested and need it shipped then
$4k definitely too much

The last "gamatron" conversion game sold for $2k two years ago. That's the more "available" version of the two gamatron games.

I'm not set in stone at 4k but I'm sure it's worth plenty more than 2k. Scarcity and inflation I'm sure has effected pricing of this pin.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

moto_bone I live Semi close to you any chance i can come play this game? I love rare games and would to love to check this out as I’m sure this is a once in a lifetime chance to play.

Yep we can work that out after the new year's!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If the fully working game is really 4K, what’s a fully populated PF in great condition worth?

If you're talking the sonic version- it probably wouldn't sell. The sonic version is pretty much indestructible plus you would need the board set which is non existent.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Love Gamatron, prefer it over F2K
Edit: I'm assuming that is... Haven't played the Sonic version

The sonic version actually has some really neat music tones when attaining multi-ball and reaching a high score. Otherwise they play identical.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

This is a machine that has never been posted on Pinside.. interesting that some potential buyers are saying it should be priced the same as a Stern that has been offered here loads of times. I would hold out for $4k for at least several weeks ‘til you find out if someone wants a pin that is almost impossible to find.

That was my take on the situation as well. This pin has never been sold publicly through pinside so there's no data that can be used to price this.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Rarity does not always mean valuable. Not saying the price is right or wrong. There are a lot of rare machines that do not sell for much so cant always use that as a reason

I totally agree with you. However, this is the first time a working Sonic version has been listed on pinside.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not only are the rules the same, the roms are exactly the same as well.... you could add the speech board from flight 2000 to the pinstar version and it would happily talk. And you don't need the daughtercard to run it - you can just use a normal mpu200 with flight 2000 roms in it, the daughter card is just an SB-300 sound card with a 2764 rom added to it, which just has the flight 2000 code in it concatenated to fit.
For the OP, with items like this, an auction is the way to go (with a reserve if you don't want to risk it going too cheap). You're going to have to find someone that really wants it otherwise - have you noticed that everyone's responses so far that say you are on the mark also hasn't bought it?

You're still talking about the wrong version.. Sonic uses a z80b processor and the rom's are specific to its own board set. The game play is indeed identical to f2k and pinstar gamatron. However it does have some unique musical tones for multi-ball and highscore.

I never expected for a game like this to sell immediately. It's going to take the right person to want to own it. I'm in no rush. Thanks though.

Also, just because people agree with pricing- that doesn't mean they want it..?? Flawed logic.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not really. I can tell someone I think something is worth whatever I want, but if I'm not willing to buy it at that price, my price assessment would be flawed

That's not the same thing. Just because you drive by a car dealership and see a vehicle that is priced right- that doesn't mean you are going to pursue buying it.. unless you're in the market for such vehicle.

The pinsiders that agree it's worth more than the pinstar version and agree that the rarity has to effect something might not be in the market for a rare game they may not even be able to repair if it breaks.

#48 4 years ago

Sale pending.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

A gamatron lives at the ann arbor pinball facility, along with a flight 2000 for comparison. it is the pinstar version (which personally is just a lot easier to deal with then this sonic version.) the guy selling this sonic gamatron did a lot of work to get it going. i saw the game before he bought it, and passed. it was an electronic mess. but he persevered! i'm not sure i could have done it, or even wanted to try. it's pretty cool he got it all running, good job!

Thanks for the kind words Clay!

I spent probably close to twenty hours with every board in and out of the machine multiple times. I feel that I've got a decent understanding of the board set now.

Logic probe + TTL data book was ultimately how I got this project completed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moto_bone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gamatron?tu=moto_bone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.