image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_7749_(resized).JPG
IMG_7748_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#35 8 years ago

As much as I hate to say it, I really think it's the flood damage part that is making it hard to sell. He's done some great work but a flood damaged game can have gremlins that pop up frequently. That combined with it still having the old PF took me out of the consideration at this price. I'm not expecting a mint FH at $3.4K but that's a tough sell when you know the history. I'd want to put a new PF in it as well as go through all the switches and lights at a min. Doing this I'm now over $4K and that approaches on the restored FH pricing.

For instance, friend of mine bought an Iron Man that was a flood damaged game. All new boards were installed and the bad wood was replaced. Never worked right for more than a couple weeks. Problems were always around the lights and switches. That moister/rust kept causing issue thus my previous comments. Not sure if all the switches were cleaned/replaced as well as the light on this game though.

I didn't want to say anything but since we are now arguing about this game not selling due to new sterns in the market I figured I'd throw in what is preventing me from making an offer on the game which has nothing to do with other games on the market. Full disclosure, I did reach out to the OP about buying one of these games before they were restored to do my own restoration on it. Not sure that matters but I figured I'd disclose that.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I never said they were flood damage, someone make that assumption.

Just went off of:

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Aw damn! You're THAT guy! I was following that thread of you trying to sell one or both of those 2 flood damaged machines!

Generally when someone says something like that in a FS thread it is corrected if that was not the case of the damage. I always assumed it was water damage as you don't get a bottom falling out of a game for no reason. If I was incorrect, I apologize. Just went off the info I could gather. Either way, I still stand behind my concerns of the game and reason why it hasn't been sold yet.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

ZenTron,
As I said above there was no water damage. Every potential buyer was sent the restoration thread and tons of pictures. I'm an honest person and would never hid anything, but now I feel as thought my integrity is being challenged.
Now this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

There is no pissing contest going on here and nobody is challenging your integrity.

If their was not water damage at all then just disclose that. Based off the original pics of the game anyone that has been in the pinball scene for a while will make the assumption that their was water damage as you don't normally see bottoms falling out of games and the level of corrosion these games had when their was not some sort of water issue. If the games were not water damaged they had to have been stored in a non-temp controlled environment to get the rust they got.

You did a great job putting the game back together and you should be proud of your work but it's the concerns that I'm sharing above that is what I'm pretty sure is keeping your buyers away at the current pricing.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to crap on your FS thread. I'm actually trying to help out. If my concerns of the game are not just then by clearing those concerns I'm sure you open up your buyers market as I'm positive I'm not the only one hesitant to jump in on this game.

f800838c9e5a3b973fdd5b3d1bf1e39d34f1916c_(resized).jpgf800838c9e5a3b973fdd5b3d1bf1e39d34f1916c_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-funhouse-williams-1990-trade-only?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.