Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jonjon74
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture_(resized).JPG
f800838c9e5a3b973fdd5b3d1bf1e39d34f1916c_(resized).jpg
41e2214d3e0deeb04cbdf528766b54b93de052a6_(resized).jpg
08fcfacc07184a4d34e856e743e735f106656246_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_7749_(resized).JPG
IMG_7748_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 3,350 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: FunHouse (Williams, 1990) Price Drop $3350

Added: March 28th, 2016 Ended: April 27th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

Hey guys.

I have the fever for more current pin. So I'm posting this looking to either sell outright or trade my Funhouse for the right pin.

All boards repaired by Coinop cauldron
Pinballpro Speakers
All bulbs replaced
All new rubbers
All Parts cleaned and polished
New bottom
New head backboard
New head decals
Lots of new parts throughout
Cliffys protectors
New ramps
New Paint here and there
Latest CPU and Sounds Roms (Home Version, I have the latest Regular ROM as well)

Will also consider all reasonable trades.

I'm also a very new member and I understand that is cause for concern. I will gladly talk to anyone and will do what it takes to assure I am for real.

Thanks

Jon

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_7707_(resized).JPG
IMG_7708_(resized).JPG
IMG_7716_(resized).JPG
IMG_7722_(resized).JPG
IMG_7742_(resized).JPG
IMG_7743_(resized).JPG
IMG_7746_(resized).JPG
IMG_7747_(resized).JPG
IMG_7748_(resized).JPG
IMG_7749_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lake Charles, LA, US

Seller insights

These are Jonjon74's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jonjon74's stats page

#2 4 years ago

bump...

#4 4 years ago

Mid-day bump.

#5 4 years ago

Price Drop.

#6 4 years ago

Bumpy Bump

#7 4 years ago

Price dropped to $3600

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

Wow. This thing would be gone if it were in Ohio! GLWS!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Wow. This thing would be gone if it were in Ohio! GLWS!

Not having much luck around here.

#11 4 years ago

New Pics added.

#12 4 years ago

Price drop $3500

#13 4 years ago

Played it last week at Jon's house and it plays fast...

#14 4 years ago

Your very detailed description and excellent pics define this game as "Players" quality. Unless you're holding out for a local buyer, which can take a while... Assume the majority of potential buyers will have to pay to have it shipped, so you'll need to fall below $3K before you'll generate much serious interest.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Your very detailed description and excellent pics define this game as "Players" quality. Unless you're holding out for a local buyer, which can take a while... Assume the majority of potential buyers will have to pay to have it shipped, so you'll need to fall below $3K before you'll generate much serious interest.

I disagree. This isn't a top end restoration, but calling it a "players"? No way, IMHO.

Looks like a nice game. Market will decide...

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I disagree. This isn't a top end restoration, but calling it a "players"? No way, IMHO.
Looks like a nice game. Market will decide...

So what do you call a game that's not high end but better than a players anyway?

#17 4 years ago

Funhouse is a very sought after machine. A year ago it would have sold in a couple of days for this price. I think all the new Stern pins are hurting the market on these classic machines.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I think all the new Stern pins are hurting the market on these classic machines.

Lord, I sure as hell hope so!!

#19 4 years ago

"New bottom" not sure what that means for pinball but I'd like to order one for the wife

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I disagree. This isn't a top end restoration, but calling it a "players"? No way, IMHO. Looks like a nice game. Market will decide...

Repaired boards, rebuilt cabinet & touchups, playfield wear & touchups... "Players" game. Apparently the market has decided, nearly a month, no bites and he's dropping the price.

My remarks are in NO WAY an insult to the owner, just honest advice to a new Pinsider from a guy who's been in pinball for 27 years. That being said, I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt as being honest and buy from him, but not this game at this price. Maybe you should be jumping on it?

#21 4 years ago

Wish you were closer

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So what do you call a game that's not high end but better than a players anyway?

Average condition?
Top end players quality?
Or just refurbished not restored.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Plaverage (tm)

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thanks for the advice.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

"New bottom" not sure what that means for pinball but I'd like to order one for the wife

LOL, Wan't sure what else to call it. see pics.

08fcfacc07184a4d34e856e743e735f106656246_(resized).jpg

41e2214d3e0deeb04cbdf528766b54b93de052a6_(resized).jpg

#26 4 years ago

I originally picked up 2 Funhouses and sold one off.

Not sure if you would call it a restoration but I spent a lot of time getting to this stage.

Work log below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-restoration

Thanks

#27 4 years ago

How has this not sold!? Glad to see the op saved such a great game!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I originally picked up 2 Funhouses and sold one off.
Not sure if you would call it a restoration but I spent a lot of time getting to this stage.
Work log below: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-restoration Thanks

Aw damn! You're THAT guy! I was following that thread of you trying to sell one or both of those 2 flood damaged machines! You took a LOT of crap from people over that, I actually felt bad for you... But begs the question... Why did you go thru all that to end up selling it 2 months later? Its nearly impossible to recoup all that time effort and expense!

#29 4 years ago

Yep, I'm THAT guy and yes I took a lot of crap, but here I am now.

Expense wasn't much, paid hardly anything for them and sold one off early on. As far as time, I have time, actually enjoy projects like this. I'm pretty handy so these things come easy to me.

Why sell? I really like the style, looks, and fun of the new machines. I played on a couple Metallica's and really love them. That's my end goal (Metallica Pro).

#30 4 years ago

Well, I admire you, were a lot alike (except that I hate Stern machines). But like I said before, drop your price to like $2900, be open to shipping, which is just a matter of letting STI come by and pick it up with almost no effort from you, and it'll be sold by the weekend.

#31 4 years ago

Price dropped to $3350.

Thanks

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Well, I admire you, were a lot alike (except that I hate Stern machines). But like I said before, drop your price to like $2900, be open to shipping, which is just a matter of letting STI come by and pick it up with almost no effort from you, and it'll be sold by the weekend.

Hold out for what your wanting for the machine. With so many NIB options right now (GB/TH for example) market is a little more stagnant right now.....

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Hold out for what your wanting for the machine. With so many NIB options right now (GB/TH for example) market is a little more stagnant right now.....

I agree with this...however with Stern ramping up production, heighway shipping, jjp shipping, tbl shipping etc. the market may be stagnant from here on out...

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ummm, that is a twisted version of a double-negative! Sorry, but that made absolutely no sense... Clearly you weren't a marketing major! lol At least silly stuff like this is giving me excuses to keep bumping this for Jon!

#35 4 years ago

As much as I hate to say it, I really think it's the flood damage part that is making it hard to sell. He's done some great work but a flood damaged game can have gremlins that pop up frequently. That combined with it still having the old PF took me out of the consideration at this price. I'm not expecting a mint FH at $3.4K but that's a tough sell when you know the history. I'd want to put a new PF in it as well as go through all the switches and lights at a min. Doing this I'm now over $4K and that approaches on the restored FH pricing.

For instance, friend of mine bought an Iron Man that was a flood damaged game. All new boards were installed and the bad wood was replaced. Never worked right for more than a couple weeks. Problems were always around the lights and switches. That moister/rust kept causing issue thus my previous comments. Not sure if all the switches were cleaned/replaced as well as the light on this game though.

I didn't want to say anything but since we are now arguing about this game not selling due to new sterns in the market I figured I'd throw in what is preventing me from making an offer on the game which has nothing to do with other games on the market. Full disclosure, I did reach out to the OP about buying one of these games before they were restored to do my own restoration on it. Not sure that matters but I figured I'd disclose that.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

As much as I hate to say it, I really think it's the flood damage part that is making it hard to sell. He's done some great work but a flood damaged game can have gremlins that pop up frequently. That combined with it still having the old PF took me out of the consideration at this price. I'm not expecting a mint FH at $3.4K but that's a tough sell when you know the history. I'd want to put a new PF in it as well as go through all the switches and lights at a min. Doing this I'm now over $4K and that approaches on the restored FH pricing.
For instance, friend of mine bought an Iron Man that was a flood damaged game. All new boards were installed and the bad wood was replaced. Never worked right for more than a couple weeks. Problems were always around the lights and switches. That moister/rust kept causing issue thus my previous comments. Not sure if all the switches were cleaned/replaced as well as the light on this game though.
I didn't want to say anything but since we are now arguing about this game not selling due to new sterns in the market I figured I'd throw in what is preventing me from making an offer on the game which has nothing to do with other games on the market. Full disclosure, I did reach out to the OP about buying one of these games before they were restored to do my own restoration on it. Not sure that matters but I figured I'd disclose that.

85vett,

Thanks for the advice.

I never said they were flood damage, someone make that assumption.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I never said they were flood damage, someone make that assumption.

Just went off of:

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Aw damn! You're THAT guy! I was following that thread of you trying to sell one or both of those 2 flood damaged machines!

Generally when someone says something like that in a FS thread it is corrected if that was not the case of the damage. I always assumed it was water damage as you don't get a bottom falling out of a game for no reason. If I was incorrect, I apologize. Just went off the info I could gather. Either way, I still stand behind my concerns of the game and reason why it hasn't been sold yet.

#38 4 years ago

It doesn't matter what any manufacturer is shipping new, if someone wants a FunHouse they'd buy it. I saw this post and had interest in the machine but the distance was pretty far and I'm a slacker I guess. The issue I have is that the original FS post mentions a bunch of parts being replaced but didn't reference the restoration thread nor the parts were replaced because of water damage. I don't see a reason to not mention those things?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ummm, that is a twisted version of a double-negative! Sorry, but that made absolutely no sense... Clearly you weren't a marketing major! lol At least silly stuff like this is giving me excuses to keep bumping this for Jon!

No need to apologize, not sure how to make it any clearer for you.....and clearly...... you know nothing about me.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

It doesn't matter what any manufacturer is shipping new, if someone wants a FunHouse they'd buy it. I saw this post and had interest in the machine but the distance was pretty far and I'm a slacker I guess. The issue I have is that the original FS post mentions a bunch of parts being replaced but didn't reference the restoration thread nor the parts were replaced because of water damage. I don't see a reason to not mention those things?

ZenTron,

As I said above there was no water damage. Every potential buyer was sent the restoration thread and tons of pictures. I'm an honest person and would never hid anything, but now I feel as thought my integrity is being challenged.

Now this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

#41 4 years ago

I was typing and pressed enter while your response about the water damage was posted.

I hope we can put this thread back on track and with your responses and the other thread, i personally am not going to question your integrity.

#42 4 years ago

I think its a great price. If somebody local to me had a funhouse in this condition at this price and I had the extra cash laying around I'd buy it in an instant. GLWS OP

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

ZenTron,
As I said above there was no water damage. Every potential buyer was sent the restoration thread and tons of pictures. I'm an honest person and would never hid anything, but now I feel as thought my integrity is being challenged.
Now this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

There is no pissing contest going on here and nobody is challenging your integrity.

If their was not water damage at all then just disclose that. Based off the original pics of the game anyone that has been in the pinball scene for a while will make the assumption that their was water damage as you don't normally see bottoms falling out of games and the level of corrosion these games had when their was not some sort of water issue. If the games were not water damaged they had to have been stored in a non-temp controlled environment to get the rust they got.

You did a great job putting the game back together and you should be proud of your work but it's the concerns that I'm sharing above that is what I'm pretty sure is keeping your buyers away at the current pricing.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to crap on your FS thread. I'm actually trying to help out. If my concerns of the game are not just then by clearing those concerns I'm sure you open up your buyers market as I'm positive I'm not the only one hesitant to jump in on this game.

f800838c9e5a3b973fdd5b3d1bf1e39d34f1916c_(resized).jpg

#44 4 years ago

Why would I disclose there is no water damage when there is none? I clearly stated in the restor thread:

I picked up (2) Fun House machines in pretty bad shape. They were stored in a warehouse for a number of years. One is in much better shape then the other so my plan is to get 1 fully functional and work on the other as time permits. I'm thinking once I get the second working the I will sell/trade the other as a project machine.

I understand you are trying to help, but it doesn't seem that way. If you PMed me and was interested I would send you a link of the restor thread first. Full Disclosure.

Capture_(resized).JPG

#45 4 years ago

The seller seems to have disclosed a lot and provided pretty clear pics. Looks like a nice game and if it was closer, I'd be taking a look at it. If a new pf is not needed, this seems like its in the ballpark. Op, good luck. This title is getting hard to find unless you want to do am pf swap, in which case they are easier to find.

#46 4 years ago

Getting back on track it is a great title, one that I hope to own/restore someday...good luck with the sale bump

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The seller seems to have disclosed a lot and provided pretty clear pics. Looks like a nice game and if it was closer, I'd be taking a look at it. If a new pf is not needed, this seems like its in the ballpark. Op, good luck. This title is getting hard to find unless you want to do am pf swap, in which case they are easier to find.

It's a better than players condition machine as it sits. Cab is in great shape and the game plays 100%. The flipper fidelity speakers make it way easier to hear Rudy trash talking me.

I was the first person to see the game over at Jon's house when he put both of them up for sale. Games did not get flooded but there was obviously some moisture damage to one of the machines. I could still kick myself in the ass for not buying them on the spot. Of course I had just built a game room and was already at max capacity. My wife could have used the second machine for my coffin after she killed me...

#48 4 years ago

If this was in the Denver area, I would have picked it up already

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

ZenTron,I feel as thought my integrity is being challenged. Now this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

Jon, I sincerely apologize bro, this is probably my fault, and was nowhere near my intention... I was actually trying to help you, I think you're a good dude, and I have never questioned your integrity. I believe I actually said that I admired you!
I wont chime in on this anymore, and I am truly genuinely sincerely sorry if I messed up your sale thread.

#50 4 years ago

Taken down.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside