3C707F62-A53F-4C97-B753-5F27ACA698AA (resized).jpeg
3F5C8C98-6D15-4224-B770-1ACF67AF5EE5 (resized).jpeg
492F508F-128D-4F35-8F0A-10BC78D0375C (resized).jpeg
83FB447D-8091-41C3-9C8E-B71536987F79 (resized).jpeg
4CC286E7-BDBC-4B70-9F1A-D5BEB6F55E31 (resized).jpeg
E9218847-313F-42BA-B272-EFC43958F7F8 (resized).jpeg
068AD9E8-D04D-496C-B327-64A45F44A44D (resized).jpeg
AB3957C3-EABE-40AF-8737-AB8BF6827366 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

When someone sells a machine like this, I think it would be helpful to know WHO bought it. You know, so we know who to pm when we wanna sell a judge dredd for 11,500 in three weeks.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What evidence are you using to support the notion any of them have collected that? All I’ve seen is a couple joke ads with silly asking prices, similar to what we have here. Any of them might as well ask $99999999999999999999999 and not sell it for that price either.

You think all the sale ads are jokes and all of them sell cheap? Are you serious? Have you not seen the millionth post about high prices and bubbles bursting? It's so common that it's a running joke. People are even spending thousands on stupid toppers. Market is crazy and it's not just pins.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

This market is just batshit crazy.

yep, I have some neighbors trying to get into the hobby. I told them to hold off for a while and see if things die down. I am actually pushing them away from the hobby. They can come and play mine or hit the awesome location play in Nashville.

#54 2 years ago

I don't even know what to say about this one. POTC I get. IMO the game will continue to increase as it won't be made again, it's limited and is the last loaded game from JJP. In fact it's the most loaded game IMO and one of the best.

Funhouse though? At 14 or even 11, 12 or 13? Damn.

#55 2 years ago

Pointing out the obvious but sale pending doesn’t necessarily mean sale pending. That’s part of the issue with Pinside prices, they depend on the seller being honest about what they actually sold the game for. He may sell it for $6k and not disclose the sale price. Even when a seller does disclose the sale price, how do you know it’s genuine?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't even know what to say about this one. POTC I get. IMO the game will continue to increase as it won't be made again, it's limited and is the last loaded game from JJP. In fact it's the most loaded game IMO and one of the best.
Funhouse though? At 14 or even 11, 12 or 13? Damn.

With CGC remakes selling for over $10k I could see this selling for somewhere between $10k and $13K. If a AFMr can sell for $11k why not this??

#57 2 years ago

Fucking unbelieveable.

I bought a fully restored fun house very similar to this last year for about $5,500

Gotta just love all the new, ignorant pinball consumers.

The genius who bought this will probably be playing this alone in his basement with ten mask on.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Fucking unbelieveable.
I bought a fully restored fun house very similar to this last year for about $5,500
The genius who bought this will probably be playing this alone in his basement with ten mask on.

although I love your post, this one has $3000 in chrome on it. Not only full cabinet chrome but the playfield has tons of chromed stuff on it.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

although I love your post, this one has $3000 in chrome on it. Not only full cabinet chrome but the playfield has tons of chromed stuff on it.

Chrome sucks on pinball trim. To many finger prints all over.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

With CGC remakes selling for over $10k I could see this selling for somewhere between $10k and $13K. If a AFMr can sell for $11k why not this??

One big difference would be the display, Then animation and then depth of the games,, a few differences for the money in my opinion.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Chrome sucks on pinball trim. To many finger prints all over.

Yep

#62 2 years ago

sale pending in ads like this = the author trying to save face

Has anyone EVER in the history of pinside come out as the buyer of a game at a stupid price like this? NOPE

#63 2 years ago

People are really freaking out about this pending sale- but remember, in the ad he says "I don't know how to price this, any reasonable offer will be accepted" - I don't think there's a chance in hell that this sold for 14,000.

#64 2 years ago

For this price it would be nice if there wasn't a nick on the head and noticeable touch-up. Not to mention the the poor workmanship at the corners of the cabinet and above the blades. That said, even 7k should be negotiable as this isn't truly a high-end restore. The game is very nice, it's just not THAT nice.

I guess fools and their money will always be easily separated though.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Fucking unbelieveable.

That's an insane deal and not the standard. I paid $4500 for a decent players a little over a year ago and that was the average price. FH is a hard title to find and anything that comes up for sale is gone fast. I was on the hunt for quite a while and jumped on the opportunity to get one at a fair price. Look in the marketplace. There are 8 wanted ads and none for sale. You can insult the buyers but that's the market.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

People are really freaking out about this pending sale- but remember, in the ad he says "I don't know how to price this, any reasonable offer will be accepted" - I don't think there's a chance in hell that this sold for 14,000.

I don't either, but in todays market I bet he got at least $10k

#67 2 years ago

At these prices... you might start seeing a bunch of HEPs hit the market. If this Funhouse is 14k wat is a HEP IJTPA worth?

#68 2 years ago

No way a $14k FH sold that quickly. I had my restored one for sale pre-pandemic that was as nice as this one (and in some ways nicer), and it sat at $8.5k firm for a few months. I get that there's been a recent spike, but not this much, and not on a game that's as old and common as FH is.

#71 2 years ago

You'd rather have that than a HEP?

I agree though... it seems like a deal comparatively speaking.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's an insane deal and not the standard. I paid $4500 for a decent players a little over a year ago and that was the average price. FH is a hard title to find and anything that comes up for sale is gone fast. I was on the hunt for quite a while and jumped on the opportunity to get one at a fair price. Look in the marketplace. There are 8 wanted ads and none for sale. You can insult the buyers but that's the market.

The market is full of ignorant fools.

There I insulted the market too.

For anybody who is curious. This is the FH I bought last year. It was actually $5,800.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76909

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

You'd rather have that than a HEP?
I agree though... it seems like a deal comparatively speaking.

rather have this than the Funhouse

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

sale pending in ads like this = the author trying to save face
Has anyone EVER in the history of pinside come out as the buyer of a game at a stupid price like this? NOPE

Exactly. Wouldn’t be a very effective troll if it sat for a couple years. Set silly price, watch response set post on fire, when it dies down mark sale pending.

Doubtful anyone one is buying these games in the joke ads for anywhere near the silly price listed.

#75 2 years ago

'Sale pending'....bhwawawhahwahahawa

#76 2 years ago

A fool and his money... it is amazing they got together in the first place.

#77 2 years ago

Is there a bug with market place prices I swear that said 14k!!! Lolol

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

The market is full of ignorant fools.
There I insulted the market too.
For anybody who is curious. This is the FH I bought last year. It was actually $5,800.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76909

There was a time not long ago you would be considered a fool for spending that much on a FH. I've seen a lot of games sell for way more than what I would be comfortable paying lately. Price police were all over these for sale ads before but rarely now. It's not just pinball. I just bought a used car for my kids. Used and even new car market is just as crazy.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Fucking unbelieveable.

If you only paid $5500 for a similar one to this, consider yourself very lucky. Not saying this asking price is in line however .

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-funhouse-94/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.