(Topic ID: 322408)

For sale: FunHouse (highly restored w chrome pinsound etc)

By jgelman

7 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by jgelman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpeg
Unknown-21 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-18 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-20 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-19 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-17 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-16 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-12 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-14 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-15 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-11 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-10 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-8 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-5 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-7 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

Posting is disabled because the seller has selected the 'announcement-only' option for this thread.

#1 7 days ago

for sale

For sale: FunHouse (highly restored w chrome pinsound etc)
Featured Ad
Sticky Ad

Added: 2022-09-18 05:39:14 UTC
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 11,800

Need a price reference? Check the Market archive.

Item description

I purchased this restored Funhouse many years ago. It was underplayed, especially after my son went away to school. When he came home to go to graduate music school locally, he started to play Funhouse again. I was happy it was getting some attention, but there were a few glitches and the trap door was not working properly and Rudy’s eyes had strabismus. Unacceptable. So, I obtained some advice from senior members asking what could I do to make my machine pretty much as good as it gets short of being Pinballreno's machine (Funhouse restoration aficionado and detail man) or shipping it off for a HEP restoration or painting the inside of the cabinet or changing out what appears to be an incredibly nice clearcoated original playfield for a new repro, and with the help of local restoration expert Mad_Dog_Coin_Up who became a frequent visitor, one thing led to another and…

New MPU
Chrome legs, rails coin door etc from Chris at Hot Rod Arcade
Invisiglass
Ultimate Pinsound Package with speakers, sub, shaker, headphone jack etc
LED OCD and GI OCD with LED lights and Titan Rubbers
Rudy rebuilt with a new metal cage thanks to a kind Pinside Member (spare eyes and other parts included per the pictures along with an original board)
Trap Door problem addressed
All circuit board ribbons and connectors were evaluated, and parts replaced as needed to insure proper reliable operation.
Perhaps there are things I am missing but the goal was perfect working order

Looks amazing and gameplay is perfect.

So, soon after all of that was done last year, my son joined the Air Force Band, and moved from California to Virginia as he is enlisted for 4 years minimum. So, Funhouse is not getting attention and I really do not play it often enough to justify having it. I hate to part with it, but it should be where it will get more love. I have extra legs after buying the chrome legs as pictured, and it includes an owner's manual.

Cash on the glass please.

Item photos

Funhouse 1 (resized).jpeg
Funhouse 2 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-10 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-11 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-12 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-14 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-15 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-16 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-17 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-18 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-19 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-20 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-21 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-5 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-7 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-8 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas

Contact

Contact jgelman via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Item location

Los Angeles, CA, US

Seller insights

These are jgelman's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jgelman's stats page

#2 5 days ago

Within hours of the listing a member offered 10k cash immediate local pickup, and I said if local pickup yesterday, I would accept 11.4k cash. I guess that was over his budget, but he will buy it for 10k cash and he remains interested.

Since I offered that to him, I thought I would mention that if you are local and can come pick up the machine without delay, I am willing to lower the price by $400, same deal.

If and only if no sale after awhile, I would lower it further, but I am advised that my asking price is very reasonable with chrome for around $1,500 in parts alone along with the many other expensive upgrades etc.

Anyhow, it is worth something to me for a cash on the glass local pickup without delay, and of course, if you are local, you get to see and play the machine to make sure it is as described and pictured.

#4 12 hours ago

As an FYI, the Pinsound Ultimate package includes a headphone jack where you can control the headphone and main volume with or without headphones connected.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

Posting is disabled because the seller has selected the 'announcement-only' option for this thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!