(Topic ID: 138192)

For sale: Fully Restored TAF (The Adams Family)

By DRDAVE

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-08_at_5.34.55_PM.png
image.jpg
DSC01273.JPG
DSC01262.JPG
DSC01252.JPG
DSC01249.JPG
DSC01244.JPG
DSC01243.JPG
DSC01242.JPG
DSC01241.JPG
DSC01240.JPG
DSC01239.JPG
DSC01237.JPG
DSC01235.JPG
DSC01234.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Fully Restored TAF (The Addams Family)

Added: 2015-09-08 00:54:15 UTC • Ended: September 9th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 8,600

*NOW FOR SALE*
Just finished over a 100 hr restoration of this 1992 Addams Family pinball machine. It looks and plays like new and tweaked to perfection. Combination of incandescent lights and LED scoops and thing box LED mods. Upgraded stock speaker system to Flipper Fidelity speaker system. Outfitted with Titan Premium silicone rubber. New clear ramp. Bookcase decals. All flippers and pop bumpers rebuilt. All scoop weldments repaired and upgraded. Gold special edition roms installed. Modded out swamp and thing subway area to alleviate ball hangups that usually plague this title. Repaired and bullet proofed PC boards for years of reliable play. Video of it in action here:

Item photos

DSC01229.JPG
DSC01227.JPG
DSC01228.JPG
DSC01230.JPG
DSC01231.JPG
DSC01233.JPG
DSC01234.JPG
DSC01235.JPG
DSC01237.JPG
DSC01239.JPG
DSC01240.JPG
DSC01241.JPG
DSC01242.JPG
DSC01243.JPG
DSC01244.JPG
DSC01249.JPG
DSC01252.JPG
DSC01262.JPG
DSC01273.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Seller insights

These are DRDAVE's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to DRDAVE's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Marlborough, MA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 159.00
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

#5 8 years ago

Wow. Maybe learn to spell before you trash? "Ware" indeed....

Quoted from I8UB4:

Play field ware spot in front of the thing box.

#15 8 years ago

@Firebaall: It appears from your newbie hate filled troll rhetoric that you wouldn't know dialing a pinball machine in from dialing a phone. When people can't create, they turn to hate....

#18 8 years ago

NJGecko: These are bashers with an agenda not buyers. Why? Maybe just jealous of what they are unable to accomplish. Who knows. Or like the Joker in the Batman movie a few years back: They "Just want to see it all burn".
I have ALL happy clients who have purchased my restored games over the past 20 years that I have sold to without the use of Pinside to do so. I stand by my reputation and by my games.

I've got suggestion for you as well: maybe don't have the marketplace add auto post a new thread unless the seller wants it posted as a thread?

Then maybe the haters can hate elsewhere or go back posting selfies of themselves on FB.

I stand behind my games and am proud of my work. So much so that I sign my name to it when it is done.

Thanks for listening.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from NJGecko:

My own suggestion (and nothing to do with my "moderator" hat) is to maybe just take a moment and address what people have brought up. Your reactions are just kind of taking pot-shots at the people and not what has been observed.
If there is wear on the playfield, just say that there is a small wear spot. If there are other issues, don't bash people who point them out.
Nobody is saying it is or is not priced fairly. People have different definitions of shopped or restored. And you never claimed it's flawless. But part of any successful sale is having an open dialogue with potential buyers.

#40 8 years ago

Who are you and what game are you talking about? RGP is looking better and better.....

I put out a TON of pictures and video. You guys have NOTHING better to do than criticize???? I'll put my Addams up against ANYONE'S for game play let alone beauty.

Quoted from snaroff:

A few years ago I contacted DRDAVE about a machine and he was "taken back" by my questions regarding chipped inserts and some play field wear. Since he was charging "top dollar", I thought it was reasonable to fully understand the condition of the machine. When he realized I was "one of those high-end collectors", he very explicitly decided I wasn't the correct buyer for his pinball. Some "restorers/retailers" would prefer to deal with buyers that don't know what they are looking at.
Glad he showed his true color rather than waste my time.

#41 8 years ago

What would you call it a "SHOP" job? I've seen what others put out there as "FULLY SHOPPED". That's a wide open descriptor open to a wide interpretation. No I didn't repaint the cab. It's an all original game that I spent hours tweaking and adding sweat equity to.

I see Addams family's on here at 6K that are not even close to mine, and they all jump in and say GREAT PRICE, WISH I WAS CLOSER... blah blah blah..

Place has become RGP 2.. only worse.. actually RGP is better than it used to be.

I mean, I posted the pictures, I showed the game.. and you bashers come in saying I'm trying to hide something.. how can I hide something WHEN I POST PICTURES OF IT?? <shakes head>

Quoted from mikerob34:

....or stapling a biz card on the PF as well. Bad move and very unprofessional IMO.
And not to pile on but 'Restorations that look and play like new'.....although this looks good, this is not what I would consider a 'restoration' and most certainly does not 'look like new'.

#43 8 years ago

Thanks for the kudos! If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'll buy the beer and give you the tour of my gameroom.
Mostly Bally and Sterns from 1970's and 80s. But have a few "modern": BK2K, Dr. Who, Funhouse and of course the Addams if it is still here by then. =)

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

This is and always will be my favorite pin of all time
games even when they left the factory had some minor flaws EVEN today we see threads about code / decal issues / boards not working correctly so if you don't like what you see look away
I have owned 3 TAFs and no doubt another will come in time and this is definitely a super nice example and would be a proud addition to a collection
Amazing Work !!
Good Luck and congrats to the soon to be buyer of this gem

#44 8 years ago

It is vacuumed out. I'm sorry you can't see well enough not to notice that. No it is not sanded out. If you want Chris from High End Pins level, pony up another 3K or so.

Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Amazing work, especially on a reimport, would normally include vacuuming out the cabinet.

#45 8 years ago

Wow. Forget pinball, you should be an English teacher. Good luck with that and thanks for your helpful advice...

Quoted from Mudflaps:

You misspelled 'ad.' Also, there are numerous grammatical issues with many of your posts such as incorrect usage of quotation marks with punctuation and preposition errors. I won't list them all, but pinside offers the ability to edit posts if you choose.
Also, you misspelled the title of your own game.
Good luck with your sale.

#46 8 years ago

The knocker is a THING knocker that was unique to this game. I'm just amazed by the arrogance on display commenting and criticizing someone's work not even knowing the game features.

Quoted from dkazz1:

Is it just me or are those pictures not very crisp and don't show detail very well? Looks like an older camera used that doesn't have good resolution. I like the knocker on the bottom of the cab too. Didn't know TAF had one of those there, thought it was always in the back box.

#49 8 years ago

Request more detailed pics then. I used a 20 meg camera for those shots.

Quoted from lordloss:

Sweat equity doesn't mean much if you can't tell by the pictures.

#53 8 years ago

That's all you got?
Skins. You forgot to put the "fore" in front of your name.

Also you said IMO not IMHO. Interesting....

Quoted from Skins:

Things went south when the Dr started replying. Up until then, the comments were civil IMO. Let's not rewrite history.
The "dr." seems a bit unstable. That, is my professional diagnosis.
Sincerely,
-Dr. B.S

#55 8 years ago

Yes I pointed out the basher's spelling error. And you wouldn't when attacked? Sure....

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I guess the irony was lost on you.
I mentioned your poor spelling and grammar only because you made fun of another pinsider for his spelling.
Best of luck with your sale.

#56 8 years ago

Hard to relax when I'm the one being put up on trial Salem witch style.

Quoted from dkazz1:

Not being arrogant dude, just never saw the underside of TAF, seemed like a strange place for a knocker when every other B/W game I've owned has it in the backbox. So pardon my wrong inference.........

No offense, but the picture quality is terrible and doesn't really show cabinet detail very well. I think you meant a 2 megapixel camera, not 20. My son's Samsung Galaxy S5 takes better pictures and I think that's a 15 megapixel-ish camera. All I'm saying is if your asking premium jack for a game like this, you'll need better pictures - I'm not price policing you!
Now relax and GLWS

#60 8 years ago

Sale pending. ADMINS PLEASE LOCK THREAD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fully-restored-taf-the-adams-family?tu=drdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.