IMG_2952 (resized).JPG
IMG_2951 (resized).JPG
IMG_2950 (resized).JPG
IMG_2949 (resized).JPG
IMG_2948 (resized).JPG
IMG_2947 (resized).JPG
IMG_2946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2945 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Fully Restored FunHouse + Extras

Added: 2019-08-10 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (September 29th, 2019) • Ended: November 30th, 2019
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 8,495

This is a fully-restored FunHouse. This one took four months and I put my heart and soul into it...if it doesn't sell, the grandkids get a whopper of a machine. The process of the restoration was documented in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-this-aint-no-hep-funhouse-restoration-1

What was done:
Full restoration, inside and out.
Cabinet sanded, bondo'ed, primed, and painted multiple times.
Phoenix decals applied, warnings, etc. silkscreened.
Cabinet components cleaned or replaced and repopulated.
Mirco playfield installed with no errors.
New ramps, plastics, rubbers, flippers and pop bumpers rebuilt, and EVERY SWITCH REPLACED.
All coils cleaned and sleeves replaced.
All habitrails and guide rails cleaned and resurfaced.
Rudy cleaned, rebuilt, and repainted.
All harnesses and boards ultrasonically cleaned (boards also gone over by John Wart for integrity check).
New Reese Rails in shooter lane.
Cliffys installed.
New trap door & plastic.
New subway.
New side armor, lockdown bar, and legs (and leg bolts, of course).
New translite, shooters, flipper buttons, etc.
...and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

The mods:
I'm pretty sure I put a new digital display in (it certainly looks new), but it's been a while...
Flipper fidelity speakers.
Full Cointaker LED kit.
LED OCD board. (I didn't do GI OCD because the flickering-dimmer thing didn't bother me!)
Red shooters. (Matches the balloons!)
Tilt Graphics apron. (Original included...see below)
Pingraffix side blades (can be removed with a hair dryer if you don't want them.)
Funhouse lamp shade.

The extras:
Complete, brand new manual.
Full quart of matching paint for touchups (it doesn't need any presently).
Original apron.

Only a few hundred plays since the restoration, but the thing still looks brand new, and I tried to keep it faithful to the factory look (but better) except for the few mods I added. Other games claim to be the "nicest ones ever," but if you have an eye for detail, you can see what's missing and what wasn't done properly. And that's all I have to say about that...

And no...after all the work I put into this, I REALLY don't want to ship it. Local pickup only, please (although there's only one or two guys I trust to carry my machines if you live somewhere in the East...we might be able to work something out).

$500 deposit to hold the machine; deposits are non-refundable.

PM me with any questions or extra picture requests (really???). I won't get into it with any self-proclaimed Price Police geniuses on the forum. And yes...I'm having big-time seller's remorse.

Item photos

IMG_2929 (resized).JPG
IMG_2918 (resized).JPG
IMG_2920 (resized).JPG
IMG_2921 (resized).JPG
IMG_2922 (resized).JPG
IMG_2923 (resized).JPG
IMG_2924 (resized).JPG
IMG_2925 (resized).JPG
IMG_2928 (resized).JPG
IMG_2930 (resized).JPG
IMG_2934 (resized).JPG
IMG_2936 (resized).JPG
IMG_2937 (resized).JPG
IMG_2944 (resized).JPG
IMG_2945 (resized).JPG
IMG_2946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2947 (resized).JPG
IMG_2948 (resized).JPG
IMG_2949 (resized).JPG
IMG_2950 (resized).JPG
IMG_2951 (resized).JPG
IMG_2952 (resized).JPG
IMG_2953 (resized).JPG
IMG_2954 (resized).JPG
IMG_2955 (resized).JPG
IMG_2956 (resized).JPG
IMG_2957 (resized).JPG
IMG_2959 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are beelzeboob's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to beelzeboob's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

East Hanover, NJ, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

#2 4 years ago

I remember this resto thread . Looks great ! Don't know if you will but, hope you get what your asking for it.

#3 4 years ago

Your work looks incredible! Great job.

#4 4 years ago

Should 1 shooter be red and 1 blue or both red?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Should 1 shooter be red and 1 blue or both red?

Factory is black on both.

#6 4 years ago

This was a labor of love, I hope the grand kids enjoy it. GLWS

#7 4 years ago

Great looking game! I'd take this over the 10K QS currently for sale that you have to put together yourself. Someone will love having this machine.

#8 4 years ago

We've missed ya Boob! Good luck buddy this is gorgeous!

#9 4 years ago

Yeah, good to see you boobie ol buddy...

#10 4 years ago
D182D819-053C-4DF8-8DF2-94D62E9C6CB3 (resized).pngD182D819-053C-4DF8-8DF2-94D62E9C6CB3 (resized).png
#11 4 years ago

One of the best looking Fun Houses I have seen. Nice Game.

#12 4 years ago

The right buyer will come along. There are only so many in this condition and even less people willing to put that much time into a game. Looks awesome.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

and even less people willing to put that much time into a game.

Exactly. The trend to touch and pump players examples on the backs of full restore listings like this one is ridiculous.
Nice work boob, glws!

#14 4 years ago

Funhouse is one of the few pins my wife actually enjoys playing. I need one of these one day.

Outta my price range but a damn fine looking resto and machine! Good job Beez!

#15 4 years ago

The Funhouse key chain is a nice touch. GLWS

#16 4 years ago

Machine is sold pending pickup. Thanks for those of you who were supportive!

#17 4 years ago

Grats!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The right buyer will come along. There are only so many in this condition and even less people willing to put that much time into a game. Looks awesome.

I see sale is pending. I would be the right buyer, but I already have one in similar condition. Your work looks fantastic! Too bad the grandkids won’t get to enjoy it.

3 weeks later
#19 4 years ago

Looks amazing! Did it sell? I see ad was renewed.

I would replace those Duracell batteries with Lithium AA's

#20 4 years ago

I replaced the Duracells with...new Duracells. As long as you do it once a year (thanks for the reminders, Pinside!), all is good. Buyer backed out after stringing me along for 7 weeks and then buying another game entirely, instead. And now he thinks he deserves his deposit back. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement...

#21 4 years ago

That deposit is yours. That's what a deposit is.

#22 4 years ago

Keep the deposit. Serious people have no problems putting down a deposit.

#23 4 years ago

Yup keep the deposit.
Buyer shouldnt put a deposit down unless they are serious about buying the game or ok with losing it.

#24 4 years ago

Game looks amazing!!!!!

#25 4 years ago

I'd never put a deposit down for anything expecting that I would ever get it back. It either becomes the "initial payment" on my purchase or the cost of the time I bought while the item was being held for me. But either way, that money is gone.

#26 4 years ago

Keep the deposit. That’s your money.

#27 4 years ago

Deposit is yours.

In the flakes defense, it should be discussed prior to giving a deposit whether or not it’s refundable.

$300 should be a minimum hold, non refundable. Someone else may have been ready to buy during those 7 weeks, and may have long since bought something else.

#28 4 years ago

LED job looks fantastic. Is the bottom ridge of the cabinet painted or did you curl the decals under ?

#29 4 years ago

I had a retail store from 1995 to 2010. I took deposits on every game. Deposits could be transferred but never refunded. I had 1 person ask for his deposit back. It was a spy hunter upright that I sold for 300 bucks...it was mid 90s. Gave me 50 bucks and never came back. Comes to my store 3 or 4 years later asks for his deposit back. We laughed at him. He gets upset and tells us he wants the game. We laughed harder. After about 30 minutes of bitching and getting loud he stomped off.
Keep the deposit for your inconvenience.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Someone else may have been ready to buy during those 7 weeks, and may have long since bought something else.

This. That's why they don't get the deposit back. They flaked out, so the deposit is yours. That's what a deposit is for. I faced a similar thing a couple years ago where the buyer changed their mind.

Now, if you were the one who reneged on the deal, then the deposit would go back to the potential buyer. But in this case, they reneged on the deal, so they don't get the deposit back.

#31 4 years ago

That's a gorgeous well done job. My father always told me it only takes one buyer however you have a big problem on your hands. You're now into the "A" games price range and FH isnt considered an 'A" game. If I were you I'd look for someone to trade a couple of their games for your one or you're going to have to realize labor of love holds no value unless it was done by a professional like HEP. Give it a documented HUO price tag and I'm certain it will sell. And the person that backed out has no right to a refund. Best of luck to you!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You're now into the "A" games price range and FH isnt considered an 'A" game.

It's still one of the most sought after game titles. Whenever one pops up for sale, it doesn't take long before it gets sold. Nice examples are going for about (and over) $4k now.

Quoted from CLEllison:

your one or you're going to have to realize labor of love holds no value unless it was done by a professional like HEP.

HEP is not the only one who does high-end restorations. There are several others who also do nice work who aren't necessarily quite as well known, or necessarily do work for hire.

If you take the time to go through the documented restoration thread, it's apparent that a lot of time, effort, and attention to detail went into it. And the results speak for themselves. It's as good as any high-end restoration that I've seen.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You're now into the "A" games price range

You’re “A” jerk. Nice backhanded compliment!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LED job looks fantastic. Is the bottom ridge of the cabinet painted or did you curl the decals under ?

I always Bondo, sand, and paint around the outside edges of the side cabinet. The rest is sanded and taped off.

Quoted from CLEllison:

That's a gorgeous well done job. My father always told me it only takes one buyer however you have a big problem on your hands. You're now into the "A" games price range and FH isnt considered an 'A" game. If I were you I'd look for someone to trade a couple of their games for your one or you're going to have to realize labor of love holds no value unless it was done by a professional like HEP. Give it a documented HUO price tag and I'm certain it will sell. And the person that backed out has no right to a refund. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the first part. You're wrong about the second part. I modeled my work after what HEP does, and in the case of AFM, for instance, used primer and automotive grade paint and other that was recommended to me by Jim McCune, whose legendary status in these parts precedes your involvement on Pinside. You'll notice that I sanded the bottom of the interior cabinet and didn't paint over it like other restorations, and went through multiple layers of paint to get an exact color match (see my restoration thread).

Am I Chris Hutchins? No f-ing way. But ask him how much a full restoration of this game would cost if he did it for you, with all the new parts, playfield, core game, and 6500 in labor (most likely). If you can get one this nice for under 10k, I will graciously apologize.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's as good as any high-end restoration that I've seen.

Thanks, buddy!

All that being said, I'm currently in negotiations with a potential buyer, and I'm sure it won't be long before it's gone.

Again, thanks everybody for the support in a difficult situation and for the kind words about the game.

#35 4 years ago

Send me the deposit. Your payment our friendship is almost due

#36 4 years ago

Who backed out? That's a crap move to not only string you along for 7 weeks, go buy another game, but then have the gall and audacity to ask for a deposit back. Hell with him.

PM if you're not comfortable saying. I want to know who to avoid both in buying from and selling to. I dont want to have to deal with that.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Deposit is yours.
In the flakes defense, it should be discussed prior to giving a deposit whether or not it’s refundable.
$300 should be a minimum hold, non refundable. Someone else may have been ready to buy during those 7 weeks, and may have long since bought something else.

I really should clarify here. He backed out month ago initially. I offered half of his deposit back since I turned down two other offers. He waited a few days and answered back that he decided to take the machine after all. I waited three weeks and finally heard from him that he decided not to take the machine after all and had bought a different game.

Now, I'm not a dick, here. But since I told two additional people in the last three weeks that the machine was sold, that's twice that I got burned trying to be nice and hold the game for the guy. At this point, I really think I'm entitled to the deposit.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Send me the deposit. Your payment our friendship is almost due

You can't fool us. You have no friends.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Fake news. HEP is the most popular but he's not the only one that can do a top notch restoration on an entire game. At least 5-10 other people, can do just as good of a restoration as HEP.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You’re “A” jerk. Nice backhanded compliment!

Its the truth, sorry if you're offended. Not really

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Fake news. HEP is the most popular but he's not the only one that can do a top notch restoration on an entire game. At least 5-10 other people, can do just as good of a restoration as HEP.

HEP was just one example used. An example, no where did I say he was the only game in town. You guys are cranky keyboard warriors.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's still one of the most sought after game titles. Whenever one pops up for sale, it doesn't take long before it gets sold. Nice examples are going for about (and over) $4k now.

HEP is not the only one who does high-end restorations. There are several others who also do nice work who aren't necessarily quite as well known, or necessarily do work for hire.
If you take the time to go through the documented restoration thread, it's apparent that a lot of time, effort, and attention to detail went into it. And the results speak for themselves. It's as good as any high-end restoration that I've seen.

I'll have to politely disagree about FH being one of the highly sought after titles. I've seen a great many of them sit not being sold nor have they commanded a great deal of money mainly (guessing) because everyone knows how bad the insert lifting is common/expected and just ruins the play experience.

So my only point meant with no disrespect to the OP is if a person has $8500, are they likely going to but a FH or will they choose an (A) game like MM or TAF or even go buy a new JJP or Stern title? As I said earlier it does only take one buyer and I sincerely wish the OP best of luck with the sale! You did a fantastic job!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

So my only point meant with no disrespect to the OP

Oh, OK then cool.

Quoted from CLEllison:

labor of love holds no value unless it was done by a professional like HEP.

#42 4 years ago

Great game, so much work done it’s worth it. Great guy selling. That’s all that needs to be said.

#43 4 years ago

Suppose someone already has all if the A-list titles.

An exceptional funhouse is hard to come by.

I think its worth the price posted.

#44 4 years ago

Keep the deposit.
He had his chance. Not once, but twice? Ya, it’s yours.
Unless he developed cancer or something and needed the money to save his life, then I’d be ok with that. But, he bought another game? No way, it’s all yours now.

#45 4 years ago

1) Gorgeous game. You do beautiful work. Easily one of the nicest FH pins I have ever seen.

2) That deposit is yours to keep. That is literally the whole point of a deposit. You lost other sales and you owe him nothing.

3) Please name the person that backed out of the deal. It's not right of them.

4) This is absolutely an "A" tier game. I sold one a few months ago within 24 hours of the listing. I had over 50 people interested. That's not a typo.

#46 4 years ago

Thanks to all for the kind words. For the people that asked...I won't name the person who backed out (as I told NPO in a PM). That's not the kind of guy I am. He seemed like a really nice guy. Just a little misguided. And I wouldn't want to gimp any future purchase he might want to make. I'd rather he and I just hit the reset button and move forward with our lives. We both lost something in a transaction that went south, but the prospective buyer I've been talking to is really excited to have a pristine example of this game, and I'm happy to sell it to somebody that loves the game as much as he does. I'm hoping everything works out.

On a personal note, when this is all over I'll be going back into "hiding" for a while. Please PM me with any questions you might have or just to say hi. As is evident from this thread, I've got a lot of friends here, and there are a lot of really great people in this hobby.

#47 4 years ago

Boob, your work speaks for itself. I agree it is the nicest ive seen, McCune would be proud. Someone will be getting one badass pin. Hope to see you post more. Sometimes you need a pin break. I took one last year and restored 6 arcades. Been back for a couple of months and feel refreshed.
Harley D.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks to all for the kind words. For the people that asked...I won't name the person who backed out (as I told NPO in a PM). That's not the kind of guy I am. He seemed like a really nice guy. Just a little misguided.

And I completely respect that, given the reasoning you provided in your PM. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about in terms of potential future deals with him. Beautiful game, Randy. Good to see you here again. Was starting to wonder where you went : )!

#49 4 years ago

I have no idea what the value is on this game, but what i do know is its a great looking game, and a shit load of time and $ was spent....GLWTS

#50 4 years ago

I feel like there is a secret behind the scenes group with boob, vid, and all the other members in hiding just watching us. Watching from above as we burn this place to the ground, just shaking their heads.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fully-restored-funhouse-extras?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.