(Topic ID: 129589)

For sale: FT Really Nice Original MM, CQ???

By hammer31

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hammer31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tomahawk.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FT Really Nice Original MM, CQ???

Added: 2015-06-05 02:05:02 UTC • Ended: June 18th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

Trade

I have a Really Nice Original MM

If this is something you are searching for, please send me a PM.

Interested in TWD, IM, Tron, WOZ, LOTR, Kiss, GnR??? Trade plus cash, 2 for 1, etc. Trade Value is still undecided, but for the right offer

Located in Hortense, Georgia 31543

Nice PF
Nice Side Art
New Rubbers
Flippers Rebuilt
Nice Side Rails
Nice Ramps
No credit dot(s)
Nice Original DMD
Matching Boards

Has a dime size issue on back of cabinet, below head (See Pictures)
Missing Castle Shield sticker
Left Sling fires sometimes when the catapult ramp drops ball in left lane- adjust contacts or diode?
Draw Bridge needs adjusting (Has Gap when closed)

Please See Pictures

https://imageshack.com/a/qBr4/1

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are hammer31's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to hammer31's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hortense, GA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

Really No One Wants A Really Nice Original unrestored MM?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from hammer31:

Really No One Wants A Really Nice Original unrestored MM?

Tomahawk MMR ruined the desire to own MM, it is now no big deal and it is not original with new decals .

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Tomahawk MMR ruined the desire to own MM...

I'm not good with Pinside humor so maybe you're joking? We just traded to get an original MM and we couldn't be happier. I can see a lot of people wanting new but I'd assume there are also lots of people(like my 14 year old son and I) who value the original MM greatly. There's just something about the history and/or "patina" with the older machines(to us at least).

Good luck with the trade Op!

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'm not good with Pinside humor so maybe you're joking?

No joke, MM used to be highly collectible and valuable not because game play was great or art package,it was valuable and collectible because I had one and you didn't.

So people naturally paid tons of money to pry from the hands of a collectors and bragging right were worth the price of admission.

Times have changed and now anyone can own a MMr thus making ownership anticlimactic.

I have a IMVE like new and would trade for this MM !

#7 8 years ago

If I was going to shell out the kind of money people want for mm I would buy mmr. Newer tech, LEDs, reliability etc. I am sure we'll have a bunch of disappointed mm owners who over paid and now with the mmr floating around it's not helping the value.

#8 8 years ago

Glad I don't really follow "pecker size" trends on Pinside then. I'd say we put $7k in trade up for the MM and now have purchased a Color DMD, color matched LEDs, and Flipper Fidelity speakers. So for ~$7.6k we have the pin of our dreams(or at least our current dreams).

If we go to sell in a couple years and get $6k-ish back then it was money well spent.

Again, good luck Op!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from pinloverPDX:

If I was going to shell out the kind of money people want for mm I would buy mmr. Newer tech, LEDs, reliability etc. I am sure we'll have a bunch of disappointed mm owners who over paid and now with the mmr floating around it's not helping the value.

Fair enough, now here is the flip side...

Newer Tech is not always good! my new (hi-tech) HE washing machine took a crap right after the warranty expired, I sold our 20 year old set and it's still running strong.

LED's - Non customizable on MMr (a negative to me and most others) and hard as hell to change if you ever need to.

MMR Reliability?? Seriously are you joking! lets talk about that in 3 to 5 years when it has been proven reliable.

You know what's not helping MMr value... PPS Rick (anytime he says anything), No color DMD, scratchy sound, Games arriving damaged... sling brackets digging into playfields ect ect

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-slingshot-damage-who-has-it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-sound-issue

Newer doesn't always mean better!
Just trying to keep it real

#10 8 years ago

All good points, but IMO a MMR will go down in price as soon, as the box is opened. An original is at its lowest now and I believe it will go back up. Original is proven quality, most can fix the boards, issues, etc. MMR? Will any of the MMR, look like new and play like new in 15 plus years?

To my knowledge, mine is original, NOT restored. Matching boards. Clean cabinet, inside, outside and bottom. I have nice wood! LOL! Not stained, smoky, etc.

I would rather have an original, unrestored.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Fair enough, now here is the flip side...
Newer Tech is not always good! my new (hi-tech) HE washing machine took a crap right after the warranty expired, I sold our 20 year old set and it's still running strong.

I'd totally prefer a wpc MM.. the reliability is proven and at the very least I can repair the boards without buying more tools and squinting under a magnifying glass. I'd say value has been reset to something under new MMR prices.. exception being a HEP.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Glad I don't really follow "pecker size" trends on Pinside then

You sure about not following Pinside trends? Did you play MM when it was new in 1997 or did you read all the pecker reviews and then trade for one ?

#13 8 years ago

I have a funhouse and fishtales I would trade for MM.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You sure about not following Pinside trends? Did you play MM when it was new in 1997 or did you read all the pecker reviews and then trade for one ?

Family Fun Arcade in Vestal, NY had one back in the late '90s/early '00s along with Theatre of Magic. The wife and I would play them often on date night(in our pre-children lives).

And look at the games we have and have had... we're definitely not following any trends other than keeping what we enjoy.

Free bumping for the Op!

#15 8 years ago

What do you value this near CQ MM at? I know you're just asking for trades, but I'm curious what you're looking for in trade value.

#16 8 years ago

Any ideal what this machines trade values is?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from hammer31:

Any ideal what this machines trade values is?

Hard to say without better pictures.

Do the wire ramps have corrosion?

Does the Blue Knight have wear on him and his horse?

Does the two shields at the top right of the playfield have wear?

How does the castle gate look?

How about the castle floor?

Close up pic of the scroll in front of flippers?

#18 8 years ago

I'll trade you for a much rarer, likely not to be reproduced Cirqus Voltaire.

#19 8 years ago

Pictures added to link, as requested- vid1900
Yes, unfortunately there is corrosion on the ramps.

#20 8 years ago

Sent you an offer as I would like to have a MM again. I'd prefer a nice original playfield which this one has, but some things make me hesitant to offer much more. The castle front was replaced (hence no shield) with the repro one which I don't like, but I can deal with that. Also someone replaced the front cabinet art. Does it look like it was applied OK up close?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from hammer31:

Pictures added to link, as requested- vid1900
Yes, unfortunately there is corrosion on the ramps.

You should probably take the CQ out of your title, then, even though there's a question mark...since there's no question about it now.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Tomahawk MMR ruined the desire to own MM, it is now no big deal and it is not original with new decals .

I somehow missed what this is talking about. Care to elaborate?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I take it as the PPS remake of MM has brought the value of MM significantly down, and since this machine has decals it is not truly original as MM originally came silk screened and not with decals.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have a Funhouse and fishtales I would trade for MM.

Did this trade happen?

#26 8 years ago

Several discussions of trades- but no hand shakes yet!

#27 8 years ago

JimJim66- not sure of all original MM being silk screened?

Opinions or comments on that?

Thanks in advance for all help and input,
Hammer

#28 8 years ago

Just picked up an original MM yesterday. A few small scuffs on the cabinet. Slight rust on one leg leveler. Translite perfect. Playfield no issues at all, even Merlins hole. Ramps, plastics all look new except for one brokpen plastic which is available for $15. Has a replaced CPU board, Cointaker LEDS, no other mods. No errors, played about 50 games already. Love it, plays perfectly.

Paid less than a NIB MMR. I'm very happy, but possible that MM prices will come down with the MMR releases.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Paid less than a NIB MMR. I'm very happy, but possible that MM prices will come down with the MMR releases.

I think that means that they are.

#30 8 years ago

Original MM run was silk screened.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from hammer31:

JimJim66- not sure of all original MM being silk screened?

They were silk screened. The only way I would have noticed yours has a decal is the front does not have the coin door security bar receivers. MM came from the factory with those, and they are not in your pictures.

Regardless of the new run and the price turn, there are people out there that still want an original over a MMR so hopefully you should get something nice in return. I do think it is a fun game, and I've had mine for years. It was the pin that got me into the hobby, so I'm a little sentimental.

Here is a good luck bump for you.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I believe the "Tomahawk MMr" is a reference to the damage to the PF on MMr caused by the slingshot mechs being mounted too close and hitting the PF in the motion of throwing a Tomahawk.

#33 8 years ago

Tomahawk.gifTomahawk.gif

#34 8 years ago

I get it now, Ya'll are Atlanta Braves Fans!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ft-really-nice-original-mm-cq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.